Wands = Blood?

Flavio

Went this morning to donate blood for my aunt’s surgery, while blood was flowing from my arm to the bag I was thinking which suit describes or can be related to blood, my first idea was that blood belongs to Wands as blood is the drive of life, it transports oxygen, nutritive particles, white cells and hormones all over our body and help remove waste and controls our body temperature and PH among other functions.

Although blood is a tissue is liquid, that immediately reminds of Cups and I’ve read sometimes that menstruation is pretty much an “Ace of Cups” body function, while male sexuality is expressed by the phallic shaped Ace of Wands and erection is caused by blood.

It seems clear that blood belongs to Wands, but I’d like to know arguments from people which relates blood to Cups or any other suit, just for the sake to get a wider point of view.

Thank you for your comments

Skysteel

Swords make people bleed; that's good enough for me.

Shaymus

I can also see blood relating to pentacles (ie, related to the body). So, there you have it, all 4 suits related to blood. :)

I think it would depend on whether one is thinking of blood in the physical sense, or in ways such as 'related by blood' or 'blood brothers' etc.

Shaymus

Sophie

Blood is liquid, it's always been Cups in my readings. I had a serious blood problem last year, and it only showed up in Cups cards.

What does relate to Wands, however, is the metaphorical aspect of blood - the passion, the sap of life, what pumps up when you are going strong - in joy, in excitement or in anger.

I don't see blood as Pentacles at all...I see Pentacles as sensual - so unless you eat it in blood pudding... ;) But Swords - mmm - maybe the painful part of it - and also, Swords are the suit of air, and blood carries oxygen around the body.

I suppose we could - as we seem to have done in this thread - see blood in all suits, because blood is the very life of us - so includes all parts of it.

Shaymus

Helvetica said:
I suppose we could - as we seem to have done in this thread - see blood in all suits, because blood is the very life of us - so includes all parts of it.

Yes, that was my point :)

Gayla

Blood is physical, of the earth. I vote for Pentacles. That is if you are actually refer to the physical existance of blood.

ArcanoMáximo

Very interesting question Flavio!

and I agree with Gayla and Shaymus.
Thinking that even liquid the blood is yet a part of the body i would say that Pentacles is the suit too!
Aren't we water at the most after all? even when meat and bones are still there :)?

Rosanne

In the terms of say Hot Blooded I would say Wands Cold Blooded I would say Swords, Blue Blood Coins, spilt Blood Cups. As the emotional outlook towards blood, blood ties, blood oaths I would also look on it as a liquid so see Cups.
I have a blood disorder and when due for a bleed, I have often got this card from the Medieval Scapini (8 Swords- note the hyperdemic needle under the stool lol). Interestingly enough, my condition is an Iron overload- so I probably see the condition as Coins=Earth/mineral.
I cannot therefore tie Blood to one suit; But agree giving blood would indicate a loss of energy.~Rosanne

Attachments

• Scapini8Swords.jpg
    Scapini8Swords.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 93

Mystic Leo

I found this, I think it is from cartomancy "for the witches of poor memory".

The suit of hearts (water)
In the human body, the suit of hearts represents the circulatory system, the river of blood that courses through the heart

MCsea

Flavio good on you for donating blood for your Aunty, may you both have a speedy recovery and much healing to your family...

Thank you for starting the thread, it is interesting to see what has come up for different people :)

MARINA