nines - in relationship readings

wind

I am interested in your experience with number 9 in relationship readings. For me nines are such lonely cards, referring to the Hermit also. How do they apply in relationship questions?

1)The clearest for me is 9 of wands - persevering, fighting till the end, trying to make it happen. maybe someone is on guard, protecting him/her self. For me this card is actually in a way a card of separation, untill at least, some of the people involved, or both, don't stop defending his/hers boundaries.
Or maybe the couple is struggling to make it happen and resove the issues.

7 of wands is also fight but I see it more in trying to assert yourself, not so much protect and persevere.

2)9 of swords is quite clear, I guess...someone feeling too worried (I usually get this card where my worries are excessed). Maybe guilt, shame.

But what is mostly unclear are the "positive" two nines.

3)9 of cups - hm?

If a question is about a SINGLE person asking for a new love - and 9 of cups is the outcome - will the person remain single or will (s)he meet her/his so long expected and longed for partner?

The same applies for 9 of pentacles.

If you see this in the outcome position in relationship questions: if it is a single person asking: is this person remaining alone or is he/she meeting her perfect match in a way, like: bingo, this is it!

For me both these two cards have, as I said, a "single" note, but in the past I did a reading for a friend, and 9 of pentacles was shown in the near future - and she indeed met the guy of her life. It is also true that in that deck, in the picture of 9 of pentacles, there were two people, a man and a woman together - it was art nouveau deck.

But still I have a such a lonely feeling with these two cards. A person being totally satisfied with her/himself on her/his own.

If you are asking for an existing relationship: what would these cards as outcome say? That one person is more dominating or there are tendencies towards individuality? if there are some problems in the relationship, is this card suggesting that one person will become independent, on his/her own? Or that for the querent things will work out to his/hers satisfaction - which can also include his/hers partner?

If the question is about meeting someone new - is this indicating: yes, your wish, desire will be fulfilled, you will feel you won the jackpot - or: no, no one is coming but you will great about yourself anyway!

I would really like to know what you think, thanks!

BrightEye

i agree with the hermit aspect, BUT that doesn't mean that they can't show up in r'ship readings.

9 of cups: you are really really happy with that other person, but you are keeping this feeling to yourself, either out of fear how they might react or because you think the time is not right

9 of pents: it's good to be independent and happy with yourself before you enter into a bond with someone.

both cards seem to say the people depicted are the best thing that's ever happened to you, but you are not ready to share it with them yet.

magissa82

BrightEye said:
i agree with the hermit aspect, BUT that doesn't mean that they can't show up in r'ship readings.

9 of cups: you are really really happy with that other person, but you are keeping this feeling to yourself, either out of fear how they might react or because you think the time is not right

9 of pents: it's good to be independent and happy with yourself before you enter into a bond with someone.

both cards seem to say the people depicted are the best thing that's ever happened to you, but you are not ready to share it with them yet.

I really agree with the 9 of cups interpretation......that card came up alot in readings and described the situation perfectly - the person had strong feelings but kept htem to himself.

wind

Hi,

thank you for your answers!

Interesting take on 9 of cups - for me it always meant like the person was selfish and not caring at all about the other, just being totally satisfied withing him/her self.
But it could be, that the person cares but is hiding feelings? Hermit is, indeed, keeping things for himself...

DragonFlyChild

I like that interpretation of nine pents. I get that one quite often in relationship readings and I've been having a hard time getting a good fit for the card.

Adjustment

I have seen the 9 of cups when someone in the realtionship take the other person for granted, They feel assured they have the other person tied up around their finger and that this person will be always there for them. they don't value the other person as much because of their self assurance on how the other person feels about them.

obsidian_queen

The Hermit can describe a relationship too...!

It's come up for me when I was involved with someone that I realized that on some levels, I couldn't reach. He was with me, but not with me at the same time. Not that he was trying to deceive me, but that he was holding a part of himself back; keeping himself closed off in some ways so that there wasn't a COMPLETE open-hearted sharing that you would feel in a relationship that might be described by the ace, two..even six of cups. There was more of a sort of "distance" between us; he was a quiet person and at times I could say I felt as though as I was "in the dark" with regards to his true feelings...he didn't really "let me in" so to speak.

lilpeanut

I am curious about the 9 of Pentacles as an outcome of a relationship when you are single too! I am never sure...

Does it mean you will remain single yet happy and soon the next man will be the one? (9's meaning almost there)

Or does it mean You find the one in this relationship, the outcome is the one with it 'all' finding the perfect mate that makes you happy?

(funny I kind of relate this card to the Hermit card too) but she is happy.

Thirteen

lilpeanut said:
I am curious about the 9 of Pentacles as an outcome of a relationship when you are single too! I am never sure...

Does it mean you will remain single yet happy and soon the next man will be the one? (9's meaning almost there)

Or does it mean You find the one in this relationship, the outcome is the one with it 'all' finding the perfect mate that makes you happy?
Remember that readings are often short-term. They don't often project into the distant future. So *short term* this card would likely signify that the single person is going to remain single a little longer...but they're not going to fret or worry about it. They've a nice home, a happy life, and finding a mate isn't urgent.

Which, by the way, is the best additude to take when you're single: optimistic, easying going singles radiate confidence and draw others to them--rather than radiating desperation which tends to repell potential suitors.

Esme

wind said:
But still I have a such a lonely feeling with these two cards. A person being totally satisfied with her/himself on her/his own.

Main catch about relationships seems to be that in order to have one, one should first be happy & content with him/herself.

May be in that sense nines are saying that the person has come to the end of cycle and are now ready for relationship. Not that the right person is already coming to the picture.