Sabian Symbols;The Five-Pointed Star

MCsea

My sun

hmm at the risk of bearing my SOUL to you all here is my sun 5 star...

VIRGO 23 A LION-TAMER RUSHES FEARLESSLY INTO THE CIRCUS ARENA
SAGITTARIUS 5 AN OLD OWL PERCHED HIGH UP IN A TREE
AQUARIUS 17 A WATCHDOG STANDING GUARD, PROTECTING HIS MASTER AND HIS POSSESSIONS
ARIES 29 THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES
CANCER 11 A CLOWN IS CARICATURING WELL-KNOWN PERSONALITIES

hmm now not saying I am HAPPY with this list, but if I did my sums right it is me... so yes I am an entertainer.. I do make people laugh.. even doctors just before Im going under the knife.. I play the pianno and flute and LOVE music (as well as astrology I see that a symbol of that too) the owl, just finished a masters and HOPE one day to do a PHD.. and the watchdog? well... I am analytical and diligent, I suppose I growl too..
yes it is me.. just not the me I hoped to see!

Marina

Sophie

Marina, you sound very interesting!! :)

I'll give mine a go.

Lynda explains the 3 degrees that count for each the birthday chart sign - that would make it a layered 3-star, surely? Fascinating. I'll start with one - the degree Lynda recommends (i.e. next degree up from the one inscribed on the chart).

Pisces 14 - A Woman Wrapped in Fox Fur
Taurus 26 - A Spaniard Serenading his Senorita
Leo 8 - an activist Is Stirring up Discontent By Spreading His Revolutionary Ideals
Libra 20 - A Jewish Rabbi In a Tiny Room Full of Manuscripts And Books, Performing his Duty
Capricorn 2 - Three Stained-Glass Windows In a Gothic Church, One Damaged by War

Wow. Well. That is extraordinary. There is nothing there I do not recognise about myself - and in detail, too. (although, I don't wear fox fur!!). The feminine side - I love a bit of glamour, too - the hopeless romantic and fascination for latin men (poor me), the singing, the activist side too - the Revolución in my blood...Now and if you were too see the room where I am now, the papers, the books...:D . And finally the stained glass window damaged by war...a part of me has been irretrievably damaged by war. A few years ago this would have meant nothing to me, but now...Yes.

I need to study this more, but I am impressed.

MCsea

Beauty

Helvetica, yours are just beautiful, in so many ways.. thank you for sharing... now for that 3 dimentional star... must look into that more.. as my south node is conjunct my sun ie it is the very sabian symbol before my sun there has to be something more in this star..
VIRGO 22 A ROYAL COAT OF ARMS ENRICHED WITH PRECIOUS STONES
SAGITTARIUS 4 A LITTLE CHILD LEARNING TO WALK WITH THE ENCOURAGEMENT OF PARENTS
AQUARIUS 16 A BIG-BUSINESSMAN AT HIS DESK
ARIES 28 A LARGE DISAPPOINTED AUDIENCE
CANCER 10 A LARGE DIAMOND IN THE FIRST STAGES OF THE CUTTING PROCESS

Hmm - have to laugh here, this is just TOO obviously me.. hmm the coat of arms I get, the child learning to walk.. yea.. BIG business man (not yet, but have had to deal with MANY!) the disapointed audience I always interpret as shouting for change.. me me me and the diamond - as a geologist geophysicist hmmm yes.. this is more the me I expected to see... this I could write a book on!

fascinating!
Marina

Simone

This sounds extremely interesting!

Unfortunately I still do not have the deck, but I would love to play now!

How does one determine on one's chart where the sun is? On my chart it says *Aquarius 40'59''*, but as I get it, the signs are split up in chunks of 30°?

Sorry to sound dumb while being curious, but i have no clue about astrology either ;)

PS edited to add: could one do the same with ascendant? could give an interesting second insight!

Sophie

I love the image of the three-dimensional star...it must be possible for someone techie to model it on a computer.

I think the "South node" symbolises we let go of in this lifetime? Kind of like the Sabian Symbol before the one of the "true" degree of our signs? Or is it different in Australia - is it the North node that represents the past in the Southern Hemisphere?

I like those symbols of yours, Marina. And a geologist geophysicist represented by a diamond - wonderful!! (a bit like my rabbi with his books and manuscripts - I studied history and law, and still have these in me...lol)

I was being optimistic in my first star. It actually shows what is entering my life, what I need to turn to....

My second 5-point star for my sun - the one representing what I am living through now, is this:

Pisces 13: A Sword, Used In Many Battles, Is Now in a Museum
Taurus 25: A Large Well-Kept Public Park
Leo 7: The Wonders of the Constellations of Stars in the Night Sky
Libra 19: A Gang of Robbers in Hiding
Capricorn 1: An Indian Chief Claims Recognition and Power From the Assembled Tribe

The first Symbol- the sword used in many battles now in a museum - is very relevant, and I see it directly linked to the last Symbol in my first 5-pointed star - the gothic stained glass window damaged by war. The Sword has to be put in a museum because the warrior wielding it has been damaged by war...yes. This is a struggle I am conducting right now in my life. I think - if reincarnation exists - I was a warrior - a soldier - in a previous life. And I think I must have been a commander because I have that in me :D - Maybe that is why in this life I am trying to help the victims of war? except a part of me has become a "victim" (at least internally) - the wounded healer. It is strange that both those Symbols refer to the past (the Museum, the Gothic Church).

Now the large well-kept park - love of ordered open spaces -I like gardens and parks, yes. But I wonder if it does not also refer to the order one also has in an army? A disciplined soldier is like a human version of a "large well-kept park". I don't know...it also evokes peace. So peace also fills my background. Organisation over romance (which is the next symbol - the one I need to bring into my life). I have not much time for organisation in my leasure time, that's certain, though I appreciate the grace and beauty of a well-tended park.

The next one - the night sky constellations - I love space and the sky - an enduring fascination I was born with. I feel at home in the universe, not dwarfed, but at one. Perhaps that is what I learnt, from past contemplation?

Gangs of Robbers...now what could that be? my self-sabotaging tendencies, maybe? That rings a bell!

Finally, the indian chief: I see that linked to the sword used in many battles - here is my "authority", the way, also, I find people turning to me for leadership (which I sometimes assume, and sometimes not). It could also show my own issues with authority.

What I am noticing is the strong masculine trend in the second star symbols (representing what I am working with fully now) - all the more obvious set next to the more feminine (or more aptly, gender-balanced) first star, representing what I need to turn to, to bring into my life. In some cases, I already have, I think, but not in all. Interesting, because recently in a self-development workshop a lot of this ex-warrior stuff came out, and the necessity for me to embrace my Venusian side (represented by in the first 5-pointed star by Pisces 14 - the woman in the fox fur - and by Taurus 26 - the Spaniard serenading his senorita). One thing I struggle with is the feeling that be being feminine - I mean not only in my outer expression (which I am) but inside, in my essence and my behaviour with men - I weaken myself. This is a major lesson I need to learn, I think. I keep getting the Strength card around that very subject....

The first star represents my Mercury placement exactly, which is a degree forward from my sun. So my expression seems to be ahead of my character!

Sophie

Simone

Simone - go to the astrodienst site (www.astro.com) - you can enter your birth details and have a chart drawing (free) - either the default one or another style.

According to Lynda's book, there are 3 degrees that are relevant to each sign in your chart (including the sun):

So for example in my case, my Sun falls on Pisces 12°6' - the relevant Symbols are:

Pisces 12 (past), Pisces 13 (present) and Pisces 14 (future). All these will play a role in my life.

Simone

Thank you, Helvetica. :D

I went there, calculated, and it gave me the same numbers... hmmm!

Except I see there is a 3 in front - 3Aqu40'59''

would that mean 3°?

(feeling really stupid ;) )

Sophie

Simone said:
Thank you, Helvetica. :D

I went there, calculated, and it gave me the same numbers... hmmm!

Except I see there is a 3 in front - 3Aqu40'59''

would that mean 3°?

(feeling really stupid ;) )
That means your sun is Aquarius, degree 3, 40 minutes, 59 seconds.

In other words: Aquarius 3°40'59"

So you have three relevant Sabian Symbols for that birth position. The first is what you have brought with you into this life - to quote Lynda: it "will shine a lot of light on the issue being investigated - a talent that's been brought through or an issue that needs to be worked out and possibly let go of"; the second is what you are developing or need to embrace now in this life for fulfillment; the third is new issues coming your way, some of which might already have an influence.

The three are the following (I add keywords from Lynda's book - one or several of these might ring a bell with you, or the symbol mind image might evoke something else, entirely personal to you): -

(past) Aquarius 3 - A Deserter From the Navy Stands Suddenly Aware of a Dawning Truth: Freedom Is Never The Result Of Compromise.
Keywords: rebellion, leaving, although allegiance had beein pledged, opting out because of pressure, harassment or bullying, taking risks to get out of a dangerous/destructive/alienating situation. Being left behind by someone who's jumped shop, going AWOL, standing by personal truths, refusing compromise.

(present) Aquarius 4 - A Hindu Healer Glows With A Mystic Healing Power. Keywords: divine healing potency, natural healing methods, going on faith, humility in the face of greatness, finding one's centre, glowing health, radiating love, spirit and calm, tapping vast reservoirs of healing forces, reverence for simple methods, auras that radiate, urine therapy, pranic energy, reiky.

(future) Aquarius 5 - A Council of Ancestors Has Been Called To Guide A Man
Keywords: inner knowledge, instuction, direct roots to deep sources of energy, karmic connections with the past, the place one comes from, ancient wisdom vs. "old fogies", parents and grandparents, families and familiy lineage, proving bloodlines, committees, boards and councils, memories of those who've gone before, akashic records.

For the five pointed star, you count 4 more points from your sun, separated by 72 degrees. Yours, starting with Aquarius 4, are:

Aries 16 - Brightly Clad Brownies Dancing in the Warm Dying Light. Keywords: reveling in nature, believing in guides, fairies and nature spirits, the wonder and awe of nature, the setting sun, psychic magic of dusk, last minute preparations before evening, light that dances, unseen guardians, receiving guidance and help, seeing the invisible, help at the last minute, fairy godmothers. Questions of "what is the real world".

Gemini 28 - Society Granting Bankruptcy to Him, A Man Leaves the Court With Mixed Feelings.
Keywords: protection, being let off the hook and set free to get on with a new life, starting back at square one, renewal, sacrifice, the need to remain optimistic about the future, release of pressure, facing judgment on one's worth, booms and busts, playing with money, taking risks in the quest for mone, issues of deserving respect, leaving the scene, feeling sad and relieved at the same time.

Virgo 10 - Two Heads Looking Out and Beyond the Shadows.
Keywords: duality of observation or thought, being able to see both sides of a situation, fear eing the opposite of faither, people peering an peeking, secret service and government agencies, gunfights of th old west, trench warfare, the mdiel, the press, paparazzi, spies private detectives, conspiracy theories, crossed eyes, eavesdropping, voyeurism.

Scorpio 22 - Hunters Protected by Heavy Clothing Are Shooting Wild Duck.
Keywords: satiating one's aggressive desires, being able to hit the mark, putting up with violence in one's life, whether physical, mental, spiritual or emotional, road rage and other rage, the armed services and their respondisibilitlites, war, terrorism in its many forms, camouglage, being an armed force, armaments.

Right Simone - you appear to be a reiki-healing nature spirit who also happens to be a counter-terrorist special agent, having made a bid for freedom, you made some pretty bad investments but things are looking up and you will end up a respected ancestor or starting your own bloodline ;) :D

Simone

Wow thanks for all that!!

I am overwhelmed, i did not expect a "reading" (this feels like one) - so I will give you some feedback - details later but this is what I can tell right away:

- past: I have been a deserter in a previous life, one of my meditations showed me that.

- present: I do Reiki and work with energies

- future and about starting my own bloodline: not sure :D, but the future position would indicate some root work and ancestors research to be done - there are some mysteries...

- Aries 16: almost everything in there makes sense

- Gemini 28: I seem to let got too easily, not fight for what is my right - after the divorce I chose not to claim in money that was due to me.

- Virgo 10: reminds me about my mother - she used to be extremely careful and distrustful about neighbours. Not sure how it applies to me yet.

- Skorpio 22: I have found out that I can be extremely aggressive, but only if I am with my back against the wall. My dad is Skorpio - hey my mom is virgo! - and i have some of his tendency to be stingy in my remarks

The virgo and skorpio positions:

my mom is virgo, my dad skorpio.

the descriptions: my mom is very distrustful of neighbours, my dad kills animals for food....

Very Interesting!!!

Thanks again! :*:*:*

(and off ordering the deck) ;)

MCsea

Way to go!

Sunflower so happy Helvetica could help - it really is a bit of a shock to SEE, like in a mirror our SPIRIT - but how much better off can we be - knowing,
then also when you SEE that symbol in life you can go - hmm that's a message - a sign if you like and you can gain MORE from it..

Helvetica.. AMAZING!
another post here somewhere Lynda mentions a draconic astrology chart with the sun symbol then being your soul promise, (my sun is the 6th going to the 7th race) but my rising sign becomes well kept public park and like you I feel is has to do with PEACE, but also love of the planet, our home, like I'm a big enviro crazed activist and I see that as a part of my soul contract now.. I also see it means to take good care of my health too.. as above so below inner and outer.....

I struggled with the gang of robbers symbol as I think my Jupiter is that symbol in my progressed chart currently- anyway Lynda put me at ease in my case at the moment I am in 'hiding' I am being a stay at home mother.. I am withdrawing my services and conserving them, protecting me and mine.. and for ME a guilt stricken work-a-holic it is a very appropriate description..

Your symbols as well as the things you have to say about them loosly remind me of 'INDIGO CHILDREN' (I have some of these warrior fighter healer traits too.. NOT that you can SEE them in my symbols - says the clown!)

how rewarding it is to reveal these and share them...

thank you all

Marina