Weekly Spread Please

little_darlinn

I would like a spread that will help me see what the coming week has in store for me. Does anyone know one that fits the bill? I figured that this type of spread would be a good way for me to deepen my understanding of tarot and a good way to practice my interpretations. I would really appreciate anyone's input. Thanx

Water Lady

Take a look in the spread section. Do a search for weekly. I believe there are some there.

Sheri

I have had good luck with just pulling 7 cards (any position) with the intent that they show me what is important on the corresponding day.

"Show me what to expect on:"

1...2...3...4...5...6...7... (optional 8)

1 is first day (Monday or whatever day starts your week)
2 is 2nd day
3... etc.

You could do the reading on the night before your week starts - or whenever you want.

You can also scale it up and pull 2 cards for each day - one for what is seen and one for what is unseen.

You can also add an 8th card to the above (or 15th depending on which version you use) for an advice or 'overall outcome' of the week.

I started using it at the fairs I have been going to. So far, good results :D

valeria

little_darlinn

Thanx

Your idea seems really good valeria, so I thank you for letting me borrow from you. I appreciate the links too, they helped a lot.

Everyone here seems to nice, I thank you.

:)

Karen48

Hey Valeria,

I really like your spread. It's just what I'm looking for.

when you say you scale it up to two cards would you then lay down cards number 1 and 2 as Monday, 3 and 4 as Tuesday OR would you lay out a row of seven cards and then put another row on top? So 1 and 7 would be Monday, 2 and 8 Tuesday?

I hope you're still read this thread as I really like the idea!

Best wishes,

Karen

berrieh

Below I've posted what I do every week. I'm sure there are many great ones here, though. :)

1-Me & My Approach This Week (This is who I am within the context of this week, what my 'natural' approach will be)
2-How I Should Approach This Week
3-How my Beliefs Impact This Week
4-My Emotions This Week
5-My Thoughts This Week
6-What Happens This Week
7,8,9-Flow of Energy This Week

Notes:
#3 is "impact" because theoretically this relates to core beliefs that don't change, not simply conscious beliefs we can alter.

#6 is usually something very literal, for me, as it's meant to be quite a mundane position. Whereas 7,8,9 aren't specific events, but just energies at play.

Most of the time I read crazy Elemental Dignities with this, though I don't think it's wholly necessary, as I didn't used to. It does enrich it for me, though. #3 relates to Wands, #4 to Cups, #5 to Swords, #6 to Coins, and I read the cards as ill-dignified if the energy doesn't mesh with the "position" suit. I also read the 3 cards along the side as a "flow" so if they clash, I read them ill-dignified.

Sheri

Karen48 said:
Hey Valeria,

I really like your spread. It's just what I'm looking for.

when you say you scale it up to two cards would you then lay down cards number 1 and 2 as Monday, 3 and 4 as Tuesday OR would you lay out a row of seven cards and then put another row on top? So 1 and 7 would be Monday, 2 and 8 Tuesday?

I hope you're still read this thread as I really like the idea!

Best wishes,

Karen

Hi Karen48,

You can do either!

You can say:

What's ahead (one aspect) 1...2...3.....4.....5.....6.....7
What's ahead (2nd aspect) 8...9...10...11...12...13...14

Or even expand it further with an additional aspect:

What's ahead (3rd aspect) 15..16..17..18...19...20...21

Or

What's ahead (one aspect) 1...4...7...10...13...16...19
What's ahead (2nd aspect) 2...5...8...11...14...17...20

and with the expanded 3rd aspect:

What's ahead (3rd aspect) 3...6...9..12...15...18....21

Where the aspects can be whatever you want to know about, like:

what is seen
what is not seen
advice for day

personal
job
relationship

You could also lay out just seven to see what is going on for the day, then pull 1 or 2 cards for each day in addition that will add depth to the first card for the day.

My favorite is the "what is seen/what is not seen." It gives me insight into another perspective - especially when asking about work issues. It shows me what I am seeing or confirms what I know - and then I get insight into what is "really" going on that I might not be aware of.

Many many times, I get asked - "what's my week going to be like?" This is easy and effective and scaleable (I usually just go with 7 cards with clients).

You can also scale it up to 1 card = 1 week, so you could do a month or 7 week look ahead. I've done that too. I usually do a 6 week look ahead with the same model and just assign a week to a card rather than a day. What is really cool is when you see something like them looking for a house and then in a later card (week) you see the closing or moving or something. I use this variant A LOT too.

Hope this helps, Karen!

:love: valeria

Karen48

Thank you for your explaination Valeria.

I can't wait to try it out at the weekend.

Best wishes,

Karen

MsWitch

I just finished the spread that Sheri had posted and--wow! It's definitely shaping up to look like a good week.

Hilariously, Saturday I have to deal with some irritatingly rude in-laws and the card drawn for that day, sure enough, is about struggling to get through the day.

The rest of the week looks nice and productive, I have some tasks on my plate that I need to get done and out of that way.

Thank you so much for the spread, Sheri! I'll be using it again.