Deck of Lenormand Houses

schmedrake

Someone suggested I might want to start a thread here about a deck I've created. It's called the Deck of Lenormand Houses and it's an oversized deck of cards that you can use for laying out a GT with Houses. But because it's cards, you can use them in any configuration or order...like choosing them randomly for a 3x3.

For beginners, they can work like flash cards for learning card meanings, too. Because other than having the house name on them, they also have the house/card meanings on them. And since they're oversized, your Lenormand card can be placed on top with the house title peeking out the top.

You can see them here....scroll to bottom of page...
http://www.tierneysadler.com/p/purchasing-my-decks.html

On the main page of that site, you can scroll around and see them in use with both tarot and Lenormand, as well as in conjunction with my Deck of 1000 Spreads that just released for tarot.

And you can see more pics of them here...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.498475376861843.109674.445399435502771&type=3

Carla

Could you talk about what the advantages are of having the houses on cards rather than printed on a spread cloth?

schmedrake

A printed spread cloth doesn't allow you to move the houses around or mix them up.

Here's where we get into a debate between traditional readers and those who are bucking tradition. This deck can be used like a spread cloth for traditional readers...or for breaking out parts of a GT into a 3x3.

But for those wanting to explore outside of the lines of tradition, you could randomly choose house order for your GTs, rather than putting the houses in traditional numerical order. You can randomly choose houses for a 3x3. You could do any Lenormand reading you please, in fact, with house assignations chosen at random...or chosen by "the universe". I regularly choose a Lenormand card and a house as a "one card draw" for my daily draws, for example.

In addition, you can use them with tarot cards, as I have done on my blog. And you can use them in conjunction with the Deck of 1000 Spreads for either Lenormand, oracle or tarot readings. So it opens up new possibilities for play that you can't do with a spread cloth...unless you want to cut it up into 36 bits...haha.

So it really all depends on your style of reading. For someone who reads strictly in the traditional manner, this may not hold a whole lot of value beyond a spread cloth. But for those who like to play around with different divination systems, the cards add a whole level of flexibility that hasn't been available before.

Because I know you've ordered a Deck of 1000 Spreads, this will show you how all the cards fit together nicely with Lenormand. The Deck of Lenormand Houses is available in two colorways...the blue shown here, which works very nicely with colorful decks. And a tan/neutral color that works well with more traditional and brownish colored decks.

http://www.tierneysadler.com/2013/02/21213walking-new-path.html

Carla

So it really all depends on your style of reading. For someone who reads strictly in the traditional manner, this may not hold a whole lot of value beyond a spread cloth. But for those who like to play around with different divination systems, the cards add a whole level of flexibility that hasn't been available before.

http://www.tierneysadler.com/2013/02/21213walking-new-path.html

I do read Lenormand traditionally, and am rather a stickler for it. So I guess this isn't my cup of tea. I bet others will be very interested!

schmedrake

Thanks. I know there's a big divide these days, so it's good to point this out. :)

MoonGypsy

Thanks. I know there's a big divide these days, so it's good to point this out. :)

Hi T! Long time "no see" :p :laugh: i have been admiring this concept for a couple of weeks now....i am anxious to try it out! i just spent a bit, so i need to recover; but i am looking forward to trying this deck out...

And congrats on all your latest successes! :thumbsup: i wish you many more, my friend!:heart:

Hugs and Brightest Blessings,
MoonGypsy xox

schmedrake

Hi, MoonGypsy! Thank you so much for all of that! I still peek in here frequently, but never long enough to hang out. I've been sucked in by Facebook...and my monster of a blog I've created...and the projects I'm working on...and teaching...oh, and then there's actually earning a living...haha.

You know, we could always meet halfway for coffee someday and you could save on postage. ;)

MoonGypsy

Ordered and Paid For! <3

Hey Tierney! :D As you know i purchased your Deck of Lenormand Houses earlier this evening! i bought the tan one this time; but i might get a blue one, too, a little further down the road.:)

i am really, really looking forward to putting it to into action! ;):heart: Such a great concept! [As your Deck of a Thousand Spreads also is! :thumbsup:]

Happy Hugs,
MG xox

schmedrake

Thanks, MoonGypsy! Always a pleasure. :)

MoonGypsy

i have received my lovely deck! :) It was beautifully wrapped in matching tissue paper and sealed with a gorgeous Owl wax seal, and housed in a matching organza drawstring bag. Very nice! The deck was beautifully printed on a high quality sturdy flexible card stock.

i know this is going to be a great tool, and i highly recommend this deck to all Lenormand lovers.
i especially recommend this deck to Lenormand newbies. This deck will be a great help during the learning process. Well done, Tierney/schmedrake!!! :thumbsup:

Hugs and Full Moon Blessings,
MoonGypsy xox