Deck of Lenormand Houses

schmedrake

Hooray! Thanks!

DownUnderNZer

I noticed in the website "THE DAILY DRAW" it has BIRDS where there is a picture of the ANCHOR and it has Anchor written further down on the same card.

Am I reading or seeing that correctly?

I do like the DECK OF 1000 spreads idea/concept...that looks really interesting. :) Am considering it.....

Lee

I noticed in the website "THE DAILY DRAW" it has BIRDS where there is a picture of the ANCHOR and it has Anchor written further down on the same card.

Am I reading or seeing that correctly?
I believe what you're seeing is the "Deck of Lenormand Houses" card in its intended use, that is, with a card from a standard Lenormand deck on top of it. So the "Deck of Lenormand Houses" cards only have the card title at the top and some key words in the middle of the card -- no picture. The concept is that you take a card from a standard Lenormand deck and place it on top of the "Deck of Lenormand Houses" card so that you see the "Houses" card's title above. The "Houses" cards act like the spread position cards in Tierney's "Deck of 1,000 Spreads" deck, except instead of spread positions, it lists Lenormand titles. The idea is that the Lenormand titles become "houses" i.e. spread positions.

So in the picture you noted, the Anchor card has been placed on the Birds house. So you would think of that as the Anchor card in the house of the Birds.

If you look to the left of that card, you see the "Houses" Ring card with no Lenormand card on top of it.

Hope that helps! :)

schmedrake

Thanks, Lee. That's exactly it.

So the Deck of Lenormand Houses is all type...no images. And it has the house name and keywords for that house on it. You could also use them to learn Lenormand keywords or just use them as a Lenormand deck if you wanted. But their intended use is to use in conjunction with a traditional Lenormand deck.

The popularity of Lenormand lately has led to people using houses less traditionally. They're traditionally used only in Grand Tableau readings. Now people are using them in even one-card type draws. In a way, a house is like a Lenormand version of a spread position.

Here's an example of it being used with a Lenormand card...
http://www.tierneysadler.com/2013/01/13013sharing-my-recipe-for-luck.html

Here's an example of it being used with a Lenormand card and the Deck of 1000 Spreads...
http://www.tierneysadler.com/2013/03/3813aging-gracefully.html

schmedrake

So, MoonGypsy! You've had your deck for a while now. How's it working for you? Are you having fun playing with the houses in random order...getting better insights...what?