O That Gnome! Reality Check

Sophie

Oh Lord, you had a boyfriend who looked like O! That Gnome?? Well, that must have been a laugh (or perhaps not...)

actually, he also reminds me of men in the Middle East - many of them sit that way, and while away the days drinking tea while their wives scuttle around like I did today! That Gnome has us well trained.

MercyMe

Helvetica said:
Oh Lord, you had a boyfriend who looked like O! That Gnome?? Well, that must have been a laugh (or perhaps not...)

Well, he didn't look like that when we were teenagers! LOL :D But he kinda can look like that now, more than 20 years later, and he's really a very silly man and I really can see him screwing his face up like that for fun. But what's great about that card for me is I look at it and laugh and remember my friend and the silly fun times we've had.

It wouldn't make me clean my house, though....OTOH, maybe it would! Because this guy is also a bit of a neat freak and if I see him in That Gnome, well, it might remind me to tidy up a bit!

~Mercy

ncefafn

I've mentioned in other threads how every time I see this card, I think it sounds like the title of an old TV sit-com, like "Leave It to Beaver" or "That's My Mama." Well, making lunch today, I came up with his theme song:

Who knocked over the vase of flowers?
O! That Gnome
Who gets you stuck in traffic for hours?
O! That Gnome

Whenever company comes to town
He pulls the guest room curtains down.
Who's the grumpiest grump around?
O! That Gnome

Yes, I have spent too much time in Faeryland today! :)

Kim

DragonFae

O That Gnome...kept turning up in all the early readings I did...and was a bit of a mystery to me... I played around with my thoughts on him for quite a while and then when I read the book...two things jumped out at me and seemed to resonate with me in regard to this little fellow...First of all the " in vino veritas"...or...."in wine there is truth.' CLASSIC...points out that sometimes we keep real thoughts and feelings hidden and at times wine lossens us up enough to say or act upon them,....not that I'm advocating getting drunk...LOL...but just to remember that this little guy might be saying...."be honest with yourself".....examine your inner thoughts and desires. And then the "think amazing new thoughts"....he is pointing the way to creative thinking...even creative chaos...to help us move beyound what is troubling us and into new ways of "being".

ellirhyn

*giggle* snort* that little jingle is Perfect, Kim. Perfectly hilarious!!! (accurate too!) :D

Jewel

When I get him it usually means that I am going to be dealing with all kinds of things, one after another. When I see him I know my patience is about to be tested.

DragonFae

jewel...that's true too...chaos...and you have to be creative to weather it!!

qwaychou

I see a quirky, energetic troublemaker. This card s the ony card in my deck with any "damage" There are wrinkles on the surface of the image, but there aren't on the other side, weird huh?
Anyway, I can see him making chaos to force order, he gives what is needed, not wanted or expected.