lunalafey

I found another link dealing with houses that I like because it has the simple-
"I...." phrase attatched that can simplify the complex meaning of the house

http://www.astrostarcharts.com/houses.html

and then there's this
http://www.llewellynencyclopedia.com/article/2337

SO- first; houses 7-8-9

The Seventh House
Rules personal relationships, partnerships and unions. It's how we interact with the public. This is a social house.

The Eighth House
8th house is opposite the second house of possessions. Here this is the house of joint resources. The social & public dealings with money and finances. Rules taxes, inheritances and other peoples recources.
This is also a house associated with death-sex-rebirth & the occult

The Ninth House
Rules those higher things, long distance travels, higher learning of, law, religion and metaphysics, philosophy and culture.

lunalafey

a cracker & a pill for white raven

Those who have survived the Annual look at this spread can now start to take a look at the influences regarding the year at a month by month glance (yeah- right)-
the months are as follows-
Influences beginning (generic dates of sign cusps- some years they change by a day- I have not researched the actual dates for 2005)
Jan 20 to Feb 19- Aquarius
Feb 19 to Mar 20- Pisces
Mar 20 to Apr 20- Aries
Apr 20 to May 21- Taurus
May 21 to Jun 21- Gemini
Jun 21 to Jul 22- Cancer
Jul 22 to Aug 23- Leo
Aug 23 to Sep 23- Virgo
Sep 23 to Oct 23- Libra
Oct 23 to Nov 22- Scorpio
Nov 22 to Dec 21- Sagittarius
Dec 21 to Jan 20- Capricorn

So now 'twist' your cards around from your rising sign over the Aquarius.
The card placed here is the months "theme" card. We already have an idea of what the year as a whole has instore for us. Now it's time to pick these moments out.
Look to the card and what it represents- this is this months energies.
Look to any planetary action between your natal and progressions and how it might help or hinder this energy.
This part of the spread is good for reflection and how we see the cards and how they relate to our everyday lives.

It is not important to review this part of the spread, for it can be studied prior to the coming month- feel no pressure unless your a stress junky.

WhiteRaven

lunalafey said:
So now 'twist' your cards around from your rising sign over the Aquarius.

HUH? You've totally lost me.

feel no pressure unless your a stress junky.

Prime example over here...I can't even get a simple instruction...now please...baby words would do just fine...brain overload...ack!!

Twist what over where? ugh!

and why are we starting in Aquarius?

mooncat2

I would like to begin with Capricorn. The card I have for that month is the Fool and Marion has just drawn the same card for my Dec. energy reading. It feels right for me to start then but if its confusing I won't post anything until Feb.

Moongold

Another person?

Luna ~

I'd like to join and noticed you said that anyone could at any time. Won't bother you too much. It's timely for me as my birthday is coming up and I'll be entering a new Tarot year as well.

My name is Kate

My Soul/Personality Card is VII Chariot
My Current year is IX Hermit but I'm going into a X Wheel of Fortune Year

My Sun is in Sagittarius
My Moon is in Pisces
My Ascendant is in Capricorn

The Cards I drew, using the Ancient Egyptian deck, were:

Sagittarius: XXI World (Sun, Mercury, Jupiter)
Capricorn: 4 Cups (Ascendant) (Venus)
Aquarius: 4 Swords
Pisces: Queen Cups (Moon)
Aries: 7 Cups
Taurus: 0 Fool (North Node Rx)
Gemini: 9 Disks (Uranus Rx)
Cancer: Princess Disks
Leo: 10 Swords (Saturn Rx and Pluto Rx)
Virgo: Ace Cups (Mars)
Libra: Hierophant (Neptune)
Scorpio: Lovers (Chiron)

I'll go check what I need to do now. Are people posting their readings in the Your Readings Forum? I'll check. Thought I'd seen them there.

Cheers everyone :)

Kate

maria42airam

Hello, I’m trying to learn more about Astrology, so I thought this would be a good way, especially since Lunalafey seems very patient. :) Until a few weeks ago, all I knew was that I was a Taurus. Now I have finally managed to get my chart from www.astro.com. I’m still working on reading it, but I think I have enough figured out to participate in this.

Please feel free to steer me in the right direction if I’m lost.

My name is Maria. My Soul/Personality Card is The Lovers VI. My Current year is The Lovers VI. This will change on May 4th, 2005 to The Chariot VII.

My Sun is in Taurus. My Moon is in Aries. My Ascendant is in Leo.

The Cards I drew, using the RWS, were:

Sagittarius: King of Swords
Capricorn: Knight of Swords (Saturn)
Aquarius: 8 of Swords (Chiron)
Pisces: 4 of Wands
Aries: 4 of Swords (Moon, Mercury)
Taurus: Knight of Pentacles (Sun)
Gemini: Knight of Wands (Venus)
Cancer: Queen of Pentacles (Mars)
Leo: 10 of Cups (Uranus, Ascendant)
Virgo: Ace of Cups (Pluto)
Libra: 6 of Swords (True Node)
Scorpio: 9 of Cups (Jupiter, Neptune)

First question! Did we switch from starting in Scorpio to starting in Sagittarius because we passed Nov. 22nd?

WhiteRaven

maria42airam said:
Hello, I’m trying to learn more about Astrology, so I thought this would be a good way, especially since Lunalafey seems very patient. :) Until a few weeks ago, all I knew was that I was a Taurus. Now I have finally managed to get my chart from www.astro.com. I’m still working on reading it, but I think I have enough figured out to participate in this.

Please feel free to steer me in the right direction if I’m lost.

My name is Maria. My Soul/Personality Card is The Lovers VI. My Current year is The Lovers VI. This will change on May 4th, 2005 to The Chariot VII.

My Sun is in Taurus. My Moon is in Aries. My Ascendant is in Leo.

The Cards I drew, using the RWS, were:

Sagittarius: King of Swords
Capricorn: Knight of Swords (Saturn)
Aquarius: 8 of Swords (Chiron)
Pisces: 4 of Wands
Aries: 4 of Swords (Moon, Mercury)
Taurus: Knight of Pentacles (Sun)
Gemini: Knight of Wands (Venus)
Cancer: Queen of Pentacles (Mars)
Leo: 10 of Cups (Uranus, Ascendant)
Virgo: Ace of Cups (Pluto)
Libra: 6 of Swords (True Node)
Scorpio: 9 of Cups (Jupiter, Neptune)

First question! Did we switch from starting in Scorpio to starting in Sagittarius because we passed Nov. 22nd?

Your ASC (Leo/10 of Cups) Would be in the first house. I do believe that would be Sagittarius now that the Sun is there.

lunalafey

WhiteRaven said:
Twist what over where?
and why are we starting in Aquarius?

You'll twist over to Aquarius because it's the first full sign starting in 2005.
That card is for the time frame from January 20 to Feb 19.

That would be Justice for that month....what planets are active in this month/sign...

there's a start....

lunalafey

Moongold said:
Luna ~

I'd like to join and noticed you said that anyone could at any time. Won't bother you too much. It's timely for me as my birthday is coming up and I'll be entering a new Tarot year as well.

I'll go check what I need to do now. Are people posting their readings in the Your Readings Forum? I'll check. Thought I'd seen them there.
Yes in 'your readings'
&
NO bother at all.....{thanks for bringing it up}
The way this spread works it's not needed to start at the beginning of the year. Some people like to do thier yearly spreads on or around thier birthday.
As I say anyone can jump in at ANY time. The only thing to be aware of if not starting "now" is where that first card will go.
There are three starting points to remember for this spread-
1- where the first card is place
2- where to start reading for the Annual
3- where to start reading for the month by month

For example- My daughter's birthday is August 1st. Let's say I wanted to do a reading for her to give to her for her birthday.
I begin my reading on June 12th so I shuffle and lay out my cards with the first one in the Cancer position because that is where the Sun is at that moment. She has a Capricorn rising, so that is the first card for the first house and I read from there for the annual. Then I go over to the card that is in the Aug 1st position- the Leo card, and start her month by month with that card.

Sorry if it seems I'm reapeating myself- but I don't always explain things clearly. I figure the more I explain it in different ways- then I will know I have covered all the bases.

Moongold

Luna ~

That is the clearest explanation I have heard. Thank you. I have a mind that is mathematically challenged so simple things like this are almost impossible sometimes!

My birthday is in December, near the cusp of Capricorn, so I think the annual and the month by month almost begin at the same place.

Kate