AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

c-urchin

Great, thanks....I'll get going on it as soon as my ideas are straight! :D

Gayla

Does anyone have any recommendations on what type of printing paper to use?

I went to Office Depot today and I looked at the 110 card stock, but I felt with a bit flimsy for a tarot card.

I also picked up some Flip Pix Trading Card for inket printers, but it's expensive. $10 to make $20.

Can we use photo paper? 10.5 thickness.

:)

rebecca-smiles

You can use andy material you like, within reason. yes i agree that 110lb is quite light for a card, so i will be mounting high quality print paper onto something a bit sturdier. The photo paper sounds a good idea though, so i'll be checking it out myself.

I have a link here to some quality examples showing the diversity and inspiration of this art.

http://www.cedarseed.com/air/atc.html

rebecca-smiles

Seeing as these thingys are always hard to 'fill up' (ATC sets of any number usually require some heavy handed promotion) would people:

1) like to extend the deadline, until the list is complete or
2) open the swap to people outside AT?

personally i would like to keep it an AT project. I never though that getting a full deck would be easy, but i am conscious that perhaps others might simply want to get the ball rolling. If you want it kept inside the forum, i may trot around the place and stir up some interest if i can.

c-urchin

If it's any help....I joined AT especially to join this collaberation! (Oh, and if the deadline is extended, that would be marvelous.....I may even be able to make another one depending on the timescale.)

I know someone at work who is really into Tarot.....She might be interested in joining if she isn't too busy! :)

blackroseivy

So, can we print on card-stock?? I'm not sure if the machine at the library will take heavier than 110, but I will ask.

blackroseivy

Also, I can't pay for anything until the 1st, but I believe that that won't be a problem. ;)

rebecca-smiles

of course you may use card stock. I have also been picking up tips from you on the varnish from the ACEO thread :thumbsup:

blackroseivy

Kewl! Yes, I haven't actually used it yet, but I did experiment with it over color printing & very much liked the results.

The originals will be tiny oil paintings, the printouts may just possibly be on my Caran d'Ache "watercolor" (but actually multimedia) paper. It is the hot-press finish, a lovely paper. It is 140-lb. weight, heavier than your regular card-stock. I need to experiment over at the library to see if it will go through the printer/to see how the printing looks on it.

blackroseivy

THIS is the originals that will be oil-paintings - I do believe I'm mixing my projects up here!! :p