My Celtic Cross: 13 Years of knowledge, art and passion.

alex c

Note: English is not my mother language, I am from Greece.

It is officially the 13th year that I am involved with the Art of the Tarot. I am know a fully professional reader and adviser, and something that I am proud of is that I never actually 'advertised' myself. I attracted people mouth-to-mouth.

I wanted to share the EXACT way I do my readings to the people. Over the first years I was a bookworm nerd, but from the tenth year until today, I have perfected the technique, and added elements of my own.

I feel that it is time to share it with the rest of the world! I am not claiming that I am someone special or 'da best', but I feel that it is time to just show the others how exactly I am doing it! 13 is a number i ADORE.

Let's cut to the chase:

1. I introduce myself to the person, and I immediately feel whether the person believes in what we are about to do, and in what scale. The quality of my reading is an exact proportion of that belief. For example, if a person is very skeptical and 'closed' energetically, my reading will take much time and I might be confused in some fragments of the procedure.

2. I announce to the person that the first thing we are going to do is a general "X-Ray" (as I like to call it), without asking ANY questions or telling me ANYTHING about their lives, situations, etc. The less I know, the better the first reading.

3. I give my deck to the person and I say to them to do whatever they wanna do with it (just touch it, shuffle it, talk to it, even "spit it" if they wish!). This is the first and the last time the person will touch the deck in the specific session.

4. I take the deck. If they give it to me horizontally (so that I can't decide which side is 'up') it is a bad omen. The more exact vertically they will give me the deck, the better the session will go and the better their situation is.

5. I make 3x3 quick and dense shuffles. In every 'end' of a third, I whisper the person's name. Then I cut.

6. I never lie, I never hide ugly truths, and I have a lot of humor!

7. I do a Celtic Cross as follows:

-------E-----------
-D----A/B-----F---
-------C-----------

G----H-----I-----J--

-------K------------

A: The identity of the situation.

B: What causes it, what blocks it, or what neutralizes it.

C: The person's subconscious desires, thoughts. Their soul. Their sleep dreams. The very earth material they were built with.

D: Recent Past

E: Absolutely conscious thoughts. Their rational mind. Also, with some Major Arcana cards, I get a sense of what 'Crown' the Destiny has put them on...

F: Imminent Future

G: The person's present Identity. How the world perceives them.

H: How the perceptiveness of the world about the person, gets back into them (feedback) and outside influences. Very tricky spot for me always.

I: Also tricky: Their desires or fears that a SECOND card will show if they will manifest. If yes, how. If not how to go for it/avoid it.

J: Duh, general outcome.

K: Is my little addition. I call this card "ok, I will now look into your soul, friend" card. Mental health, and things that I cannot rationalize as a reader. K is the only card that is not rational. A spread deserves a vague spot...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needles to say that often (but I never overdo it) I add second or even third cards into some positions. The "I" position (fears/desires), for me, desperately needs a second card.

For the present and the past things that *happen* (D and F) I do separate readings (celtics again).

For a more psychoanalytic session, I do separate readings for E,C and -surprisingly-, B. I think that position B has a lot to do with E and C, so I do a separate reading, usually a "3 Card Reading". Celtic Cross only for hardcore situations...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kindly decline when the person asks to "add a card here, please". Instead, I finish my reading, and I prompt them to do a more specific one about these issues. I don't like the table to be a mess with a lot of cards....

Minimalism is very important for me.

Have a nice day!