Playing Card Oracles ~ Alchemy Edition

garmonbozia

and eventually discovering the original Two Sisters Press publication in Boulder Bookstore.

I've never seen this original publication. Is there much difference in content?

MoonGypsy

Wow, i have never seen the boxed 2 Sisters publication, Squeeji! i am a tad jealous! :p

[okay a little more than a tad. })] What an incredible find! i do have my cherished
Autographed self published vintage edition deck with the fab matte cardstock
and borderless backs. i can't even remember when i got that from Ana...Maybe 2008 or 2009?
Can't recall...

i am so anxious today...hoping my Alchemy pocket edition arrives soon...:D
i think because i have been watching the process and waiting for so long for these
to be published that i have invested a whole lot of emotional energy into it...
i am so completely thrilled for us and Ana! i feel quite proud of her, actually! :D

i KNOW i am going to want a large deck as well...but i just renewed my AT subscription...

Madame Squee

I've never seen this original publication. Is there much difference in content?
The book seems identical to me.

The cards are the same size as the first U.S. Games version, but the card stock is different. The cards produced by Two Sisters Press are printed on matte stock, whereas the first USG version were printed in Italy on a practically indestructible, super-glossy stock.

Now, I'm going admit something: I love the first U.S. Games version best, because it is indestructible, and because the printing seems clearer to me -- but I'm not sure if that's actually the case or a function of my abysmal eyesight.

(See the attached pic that compares the versions -- Two Sisters Press and USG.)

Attachments

• PCO comparison.jpg
    PCO comparison.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 130

MoonGypsy

Personally, i like the vintage edition wayyyyyyyyyy more than the USgames edition....
wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more. did i say i liked it way more??? :p

Squeeji, you and i almost always see eye to eye, but i love the vintage cardstock and colors better--as well as the fact that the backs are borderless.

Happy to realize that my 2 sisters Vintage deck is the same...mine just came sans the box.

Madame Squee

Wow, i have never seen the boxed 2 Sisters publication, Squeeji! i am a tad jealous! :p

[okay a little more than a tad. })] What an incredible find! ido have my cherished
Autographed self published vintage edition deckwith the fab matte cardstock
and borderless backs. i can't even remember when i got that from Ana...Maybe 2008 or 2009?
Can't recall...

<snip>
I found my PCO set by Two Sisters Press in 2007. It was previously used, and I paid $15 (plus tax) for it. Attached to the box inside, there is a coupon for "The Picture Book of Ana Cortez Keepsake Tin" -- a Keepsake TIN, for goodness sake! Well, I didn't try to redeem it, because the set was already five years old, and PCO was being published by USG by that time. I wish now that I had at least tried! If you read this, Ana, do you happen to have any supplies left? :D

Attachments

• PCO keepsake tin 1.jpg
    PCO keepsake tin 1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 117
  • PCO keepsake tin 2.jpg
    PCO keepsake tin 2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 116

MoonGypsy

I found my PCO set by Two Sisters Press in 2007. It was previously used, and I paid $15 (plus tax) for it. Attached to the box inside, there is a coupon for "The Picture Book of Ana Cortez Keepsake Tin" -- a Keepsake TIN, for goodness sake! Well, I didn't try to redeem it, because the set was already five years old, and PCO was being published by USG by that time. I wish now that I had at least tried! If you read this, Ana, do you happen to have any supplies left? :D

Oh sis, now i am hyperventilating! Even the coupon is a precious keepsake to have!

But a TIN....a tin...oh...Ana............
a tin...we wantz it...we needz it..........my precioussssssssssssss..............

ETA: Whaaaaaaaaa...sniff, sniff....my package didn't arrive today either...
hopefully, tomorrow...

anacortez

Moon Gypsy! You poor thing. Check your email, I sent you the tracking number for your package. Looking at it, I'm guessing poor weather is a factor in your delay... Yikes!

Tins... ahh well. This are so very rare. We had these marvelous decals.... Madame Dart (book cover Priestess) on the front, Ace of Clubs for the sides, plus a decal for the bottom. I have tried in vain to contact the person who created these for us and who would have the files. I need to hire a spy /detective to hunt these down.
I still have boxes and boxes filled with lovely gold and silver tins. Alas, they are naked in my cold storage shed.

Re: the Boulder Bookstore. The owner stumbled on our display, arranged for the opening gala of the PCO at the Boulder Arts Cooperative (photo from the "gala" at anacortez.com/about) and bought a dozen sets. I think he liked it! Anyway, they took a long time to sell through the bookstore. Sold quite well at the Arts Cooperative, however. Once again, our work has suffered over the years as there is no proper category for it.
The box for the original set was VERY cool, very sturdy, and my favorite box design. I will post a photo on instagram. Actually I already posted one of the inside border. Everything was detailed spectacularly.

Thanks for the link for the iphone app suggestion. I will check it out! I'm sure this will be happening at some point... Timing, as for everything.

New book release date? hmm... I am being pinned down. I can feel it! Mid to end of March..? How's that for specific?! You guys are going to love it, I hope! I love it :) am quite pleased with it. Very different than any other book on card reading, as you may have guessed :) There is a very short excerpt on the site now. Little section called "Crow Dance." http://anacortez.com/mysterious-lainey-playing-card-oracles/

So grateful for this forum :) and for everyone here <3

MoonGypsy

Thanks so much for your very thoughtful email, dear Ana. :love:
My package still seems to be in limbo...probably due to the weather.
The gods are testing my patience...:p

i am very excited about your new book...i really am looking forward to it...
Hopefully, it will be available in the next few weeks? :)

I read the excerpt called "Crow Dance"...so much fun to read!
i am always so fascinated reading anything about "Lainy"...What an interesting character
she was...

Your friend and sister,
MoonGypsy xoxox

MoonGypsy

Tracking number just updated!

Yay...at last it has arrive to my local little PO...
Very good chance it got there in time to be
delivered later today! Whew...so glad it isn't lost! :D

Madame Squee

<snip>Tins... ahh well. This are so very rare. We had these marvelous decals.... Madame Dart (book cover Priestess) on the front, Ace of Clubs for the sides, plus a decal for the bottom. I have tried in vain to contact the person who created these for us and who would have the files. I need to hire a spy /detective to hunt these down.
I still have boxes and boxes filled with lovely gold and silver tins. Alas, they are naked in my cold storage shed.
Oooooo... So, there is hope! This sounds like it would be a very fancy tin. The tins I've received with other decks (Lenormand) only have an image or sticker on the lid. My plan for the Alchemy deck is to follow garmonbozia's lead and use the Ace of Hearts sticker you included with the deck. (Will post pics.)

Re: the Boulder Bookstore. The owner stumbled on our display, arranged for the opening gala of the PCO at the Boulder Arts Cooperative (photo from the "gala" at anacortez.com/about) and bought a dozen sets. I think he liked it! Anyway, they took a long time to sell through the bookstore. Sold quite well at the Arts Cooperative, however. Once again, our work has suffered over the years as there is no proper category for it.
You're right. I've never been able to to find a proper section on cartomancy in any bookstore. I've learned to find the Tarot shelf and then scour everything near it for cartomantic goodies. The PCO set was shelved amongst books on Wicca, etc., located very near the Tarot section. ;)

The box for the original set was VERY cool, very sturdy, and my favorite box design. I will post a photo on instagram. Actually I already posted one of the inside border. Everything was detailed spectacularly.
Yes! It is an excellent 2-piece box (my favorite type), covered with wonderful graphics!

Thanks for the link for the iphone app suggestion. I will check it out! I'm sure this will be happening at some point... Timing, as for everything.
YAY!!!!! Crossing my fingers now!!! (Will uncross them when the time comes.:D)

New book release date? hmm... I am being pinned down. I can feel it! Mid to end of March..? How's that for specific?! You guys are going to love it, I hope! I love it :) am quite pleased with it. Very different than any other book on card reading, as you may have guessed :) There is a very short excerpt on the site now. Little section called "Crow Dance." http://anacortez.com/mysterious-lainey-playing-card-oracles/
Lainey!!! Thank you so much for sharing more of Lainey in your next book! :love: Through your writings and your father's chapter on "The Crow Problem", Lainey has become my mentor and one of my very favorite people.

So grateful for this forum :) and for everyone here <3
I know all of us are so grateful the time you spend here! :) Thank you! :love:

ETA:

Dearest MoonGypsy!!! :love:

Can't wait to hear back from you!!! :party:

Am not exhaling until then!!! :bugeyed:

Squeeji :D