Hopeful

spookyboo22

Hi

Im a long time lurker here whos coming out of the closet as it were.

Can anyone tell me when the rider waite deck first came out was it supposed to be read with reversals or is this something that developed later?

Cheers x

Richard

Hi

Im a long time lurker here whos coming out of the closet as it were.

Can anyone tell me when the rider waite deck first came out was it supposed to be read with reversals or is this something that developed later?

Cheers x
The deck came out in the latter part of 1909. Waite's companion book, Key to the Tarot, was published in 1910, and the Pictorial Key to the Tarot in 1911. Pictorial Key describes reversed meanings, and probably the same is true for the earlier Key to the Tarot. Thus it is very likely that Waite had reversals in mind when the deck was published.

spookyboo22

thanks Lrichard
I would have thanked you earlier but there seems to be no notifications for the poster unless I've missed where to find it x

Sulis

Hi spookyboo22,

If you want to get an email notification when someone posts, you have to 'watch' the thread:

Click the 'thread tools' box in the top, right hand corner of the thread and choose 'Watch this thread', then in the drop down box that appears, choose which notifications you want and then click 'add subscription'.

spookyboo22

Ahh I see.... You've changed my life x