beltane spread?

joya250

hi.

after seeing a post in another section entitled "sowen reading" .... it got me thinking... does anyone know of any specific spread(s) for this holiday -- or any of the others? (lammas, sowen, candelmas...)

or, do any of you lay out a spread on these days specifically? maybe like a 3 month spread or something (?) to cover the time span between the dates?

just curious. thanks. - joy

Mermaid

That was my post you saw! :)

I've never heard of special spreads used on different Sabbats, but each Samhein I usually do a celtic cross spread for the year ahead. Samhein is the traditional sabbat for divination of all sorts, and it's also witches new year - I think it's nice to take a peek at the year ahead!

Bright blessings-
Mermaid

.dc

i have a spread... i will be using it tonite. from a book i own called tarot for all seasons. however, i am at work and do not have the spread in front of me. i will post it when i get home unless someone beats me too it.

it's like a 7 card spread. but that is all the info i have now.

i do recommend the book, it's another way for you to use and connect with the earth's energy and the cards.

blesesd beltane!
.dc

emily2otters

for the past couple of years, i've been choosing cards at samhain to represent each of the 52 upcoming weeks... as each card is drawn and recorded, i put it back in the deck to give me a full 78 for the remaining weeks. i then record the results on my calandar, and use them in relation to my daily draw or daily 3 card spread.

i think this year i'll broaden it to one card per moon cycle... it's the general trends of the year i'm most interested in, and the one-week draws seem to be too detailed for that.

at beltane, now... it would be neat to do a spread that dealt with all the waxing influences of the coming summer -- adventures, lessons, new people or deepening friendships... my real may day celebration won't be until tomorrow, so i have a day to think about it. :)