Birds to Right of Key Card

olivia1

I use the No Lay Out method and I often get the question "will s/he contact me?" Based on your personal experience, would you still read the cards as saying that someone will call if the Birds show up to the right of the Key Card (which is sometimes designated as the past/present position)? or would you say that someone will make contact only if the "contact?" cards" (birds,etc) fall to the left and in the "future" position?

I am very confused because in my experience, if a person will eventually contact, the birds show up to the left of key card. However, sometimes the birds will show up to the right of the key card and the person still ends up contacting the sitter..but I'm not sure if that was just a fluke or what. So I'm not sure if I should tell a sitter that someone will contact them if "contact" cards fall to the right of the key card or no?

if this question is confusing please let me know and I can try to rephrase my question..

thanks in advance

IheartTarot

I have been rereading all the Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle study group threads and as far as I can tell in Sylvie's method the cards on the LEFT are about the past or the present and the cards on the RIGHT are about the present or the future.

This is also covered on p188 of the book (middle of the page). I have been going through my book and highlighting important parts and writing notes in the book (which is something I never do with my books). I find that even though I have read the book and the threads several times I still forget what to do in a given situation.

I think it would be better for you to post the whole reading for comment as the interpretation would depend on all the cards.

The birds could also represent a couple among other things.

There is also a current thread where you can ask Sylvie such technical questions about the no layout method if you are stuck:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=137352

rif

I think Birds on left make sense as the question is about communication, so they could be indicating past communication or the current desire for communication. Or as was mentioned, indication of a couple.

This might be a good use for the five card line that isn't read as a no-layout. You could even ask when will he contact the questioner, or will he contact her in x months; things like that. In the Secrets book this would be the chapter on, when do I move. This has a bonus of adding in the time factor, such as sooner (Moon for example) or later (Mountain).

Alternatively you could try asking a broader question such as his intentions. Using the Birds as the only card to say communication will occur could be narrowing your possibilities. I could image Letter, Garden and Rider all being answers to such a question, for example.

Hope some of this is helpful.

olivia1

IheartTarot said:
I have been rereading all the Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle study group threads and as far as I can tell in Sylvie's method the cards on the LEFT are about the past or the present and the cards on the RIGHT are about the present or the future.

Thanks, IHT.

corrected: in an example in the book (pg 200) the cards to the right of key card (left of sitter) do not always signify the past in all circumstances. I recall there was a exercise where a woman asked what industry she would go into next (or something of the sort) and the cards to the right told her what kind of people she would likely be working with next and the cards to the left gave further detail of type of job she would be doing.

There is also an example in the book where a woman asked if she would get a job offer and the cards to the right seemed to indicate that she would probably get multiple job offers...and then the cards to the left simply confirmed that there would be an offer.

I am aware of the threads where you can ask Sylvie questions. However, I am more interested in hearing from *everyone* and their experience.

olivia1

rif said:
I think Birds on left make sense as the question is about communication, so they could be indicating past communication or the current desire for communication. Or as was mentioned, indication of a couple.

This might be a good use for the five card line that isn't read as a no-layout. You could even ask when will he contact the questioner, or will he contact her in x months; things like that. In the Secrets book this would be the chapter on, when do I move. This has a bonus of adding in the time factor, such as sooner (Moon for example) or later (Mountain).

Thank you, Rif. Yes, I am aware of the regular 5 card spread and of that example in the book. Now that you mention it, it is probably a much better way to predict a question of this nature than picking a key card and all that. However (since it has been on my mind for quiet a awhile) I am still curious about how others would answer if the communication card fell to the right of the key card. Just because its a question that has been bugging me..

In the past, I would have read that as possibly meaning that communication happened in the recent past (just my way of doing things) or may be taking place currently but if the cards don't show up to the left, I'm not sure someone would contact.

However, I have had cards fall to the right (and subject of interest could be anything from a love interest calling, to job interview, etc) who may have never even had a phone conversation with sitter and the sitter ended up getting some form of communication (in most cases a call) almost immediately.

It only happened sometimes, though. Sometimes, a communication card would also fall to right of the key cards and the sitter wouldn't hear anything. So, I wasn't sure what to make of the cards falling to the right of key card. I have been documenting/journaling the cards but when communication cards are to right the out come seems like a crap shot.

I'm not sure whether to chalk it up as a fluke or tell the sitter, "ok, if this person doesn't call you within 24 hours or so, don't expect it." Except that wouldn't be such a great answer. I suppose, I could say that the probability is there and the person is strongly considering it but that it could go either way (basically another way for saying, "I don't know.").

another way I could think of is to look to the left and see if there is anything to support the sitters expected outcome for if the person were to make contact? That would have to probably involve asking sitter what exactly do they expect to get if they receive contact but what matters, I suppose, would be that they get their answer....

Oh well. Thanks IHT and Rif. Perhaps with time and by doing enough readings I will learn the answer to this.

tarotcardrose

Hi! I have to reverse this a bit, because I use Sylvie's method, which is opposite, the cards to the left are past & the right is future.
But I guess this answer may work, we, just have to reverse it :)!

When I read the cards to the left are past - the cards to the right are the future. The one to the immediate left (past) is the issue at hand, or whats on their mind. So because you got the birds where you did it represents that you and your cards are connecting to the querent, as the question was about communications. But the ones to the right (or your left :) which are the future should have communication cards there to show that a communication will take place in the Future. Otherwise, it is just showing what is on the mind.

For example, (just reverse it) I read a lady a few months ago, and she asked if she would travel. The card to the immediate left (it would be right for you) was the ship. This just indicated what was on her mind. As there were no travel symbols in the future, I predicted that no travel would be had.

This is where intuition comes in. The cards are just symbols to get in touch with your subconscious. You are the psychic. What was your feeling? Was he going to call? Go by your gut.

IheartTarot

olivia1 said:
I have read most of the examples but the cards to the right do not always signify the past in all circumstances.

Did you mean "to the left" not "to the right" here?

olivia1

IheartTarot said:
Did you mean "to the left" not "to the right" here?

i mean to the right of the key card..but it would be to the reader's left.

Like on pg 200
edited:
correction on the thread i used for an example...

for a book example see page 200.

unless i have it confused? that's prob it so someone please correct me since i clearly need the guidance :)

correction:
also, i had it wrong. the example I thought was indicating that the cards to the right of Key (left of sitter) alluded to the fact that the person had a large network already so that they would probably find their next job through it in the future. That is not the same as saying that they will in the future form a new network. sorry about that.

But like i said earlier, even in my experience sometimes the communication cards fall to the right of key card (left of reader) which I would take to mean the past..and no other communication card (i.e letter) would fall in the future position but interestingly enough the sitter would receive contact from person or organization in the future.

its so confusing sometimes...

Phoenix Rising

olivia1 said:
Thank you, Rif. Yes, I am aware of the regular 5 card spread and of that example in the book. Now that you mention it, it is probably a much better way to predict a question of this nature than picking a key card and all that. However (since it has been on my mind for quiet a awhile) I am still curious about how others would answer if the communication card fell to the right of the key card. Just because its a question that has been bugging me..

In the past, I would have read that as possibly meaning that communication happened in the recent past (just my way of doing things) or may be taking place currently but if the cards don't show up to the left, I'm not sure someone would contact.

However, I have had cards fall to the right (and subject of interest could be anything from a love interest calling, to job interview, etc) who may have never even had a phone conversation with sitter and the sitter ended up getting some form of communication (in most cases a call) almost immediately.

It only happened sometimes, though. Sometimes, a communication card would also fall to right of the key cards and the sitter wouldn't hear anything. So, I wasn't sure what to make of the cards falling to the right of key card. I have been documenting/journaling the cards but when communication cards are to right the out come seems like a crap shot.

I'm not sure whether to chalk it up as a fluke or tell the sitter, "ok, if this person doesn't call you within 24 hours or so, don't expect it." Except that wouldn't be such a great answer. I suppose, I could say that the probability is there and the person is strongly considering it but that it could go either way (basically another way for saying, "I don't know.").

another way I could think of is to look to the left and see if there is anything to support the sitters expected outcome for if the person were to make contact? That would have to probably involve asking sitter what exactly do they expect to get if they receive contact but what matters, I suppose, would be that they get their answer....

Oh well. Thanks IHT and Rif. Perhaps with time and by doing enough readings I will learn the answer to this.

Hi Olivia,

If you're doing the no layout then the left is past/present and the right future, if you reverse the left as the future, then it's not the No Layout. Past to present to future has always been read left to right, not going backwards, right to left, unless of course the reader has programmed it that way. The accuracy of the reading can depend on how it has been interpreted, in accordance with the question and how the question has been phrased. Fortunately, Sylvie will be putting out an e-book which will address the little challenges of the No layout, so that should tackle all those little niggly questions.

Phoenix

IheartTarot

olivia1 said:
i mean to the right of the key card..but it would be to the reader's left.

the right of Key (left of sitter)

Unless I am horribly confused, the words left/right in the book and in the study group threads mean left/right of the central key card and do not refer to the reader/sitter.

As I am the reader and the sitter is usually not physically present, left/right of the key card also happens to be my left/right. :)