Smaller Sized Oracle Decks?

Amberjune

Hey AJ,

I don't think I'm into the art on the AborMana.

Other than the slightly larger cards do you like Wisdom of the Oracle?

Also, can they be trimmed smaller?

They have a narrow white border, so I guess they could be trimmed...

I like this deck, and it has been surprisingly accurate for daily draws or 'spur of the moment' insights, have not used it for anything else...
I don't care much for the book (too 'teacherly' for my liking, if that makes sense) and don't think the book is in any way mandatory / needed as the keywords on the cards are pretty self-explanatory.

Also the book does not to refer back to the pictures and I tend not to like that...also keyword and picture don't always line up for me, but that has not really kept me from enjoying the deck.

It was an impulse buy for me and my expectations weren't too high...must say that I have developed real appreciation for this deck, it's helpful, pretty precise and insightful for daily matters.

G6

Oracle-X

These seem interesting. Does anyone know what size these are? The info wasn't readily available in the description.

Seems like there is a core group of cards and then many others by different artists. I'm not sure about collab decks, but if you get to pick individual cards I suppose I would find a group I like together.

http://www.oracle-x.com/index.php

ETA: Just found out these are poker size!!! It's a cool idea to just keep adding more cards (solves deck boredom) and everyone has an individual/custom set.

G6

Eros

Those old versions of any oracle decks of Lo Scarabeo is mini size decks, they are similar as playing card size deck. And it is for affimations but you have to search on EBay because old versions are not in print or in print but became huge size with companion book such as

Wicca Oracle
Eros Oracle ( love this!)
Karma Angels
Kalachakra Oracle
Talisman
etc

If you want the bigger size but not as big as Blue Angel Publishing there are Astrological Oracle LoS, Karma Angels new version that has companion book, Wicca Oracle new version with companion book written by Lunaea Weatherstone, if i am not wrong.

Also there is The Wicca Deck by Sally Morningstar, the artworks seems very calming and nice. The author said that it can't be used for divination so i guess you may be happy with it.

If you are interested in more stunning but a bit expensive there ia A Curious Oracle by Holly de Fount, ( i'm sorry for mods if i am sharing links outside AT Forum)

http://acuriousoracle.com/

Okay, I found the Eros for $2.98 plus shipping (I like deals) and someone was complaining on Amazon the cards are 2 x 2.5, which is much preferable to me than these door sized floppy cards!

Plus it'll round out my LoScar "dirty" deck collection. I have Royo Dark and I plan to get the Romantic Tarot. A trifecta of naughty LoScar decks, awesome! I'll be so ready for the "…does s/he love me or love me not" Q's!

I like the Wicca, but I'm not a fan of purple and it has purple borders. I think the only time purple is tolerable is when it's a really really deep purple almost navy like.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm still looking for other non-themed/general oracle decks….

Aster Breo

Hmm, these are interesting. I'm real surprised you found the Belline for less than $20 on eBay. I've only seen it on eBay from $60-125. Are the cards big? I don't know how crazy I am about it. This Tarot D'Eltyne was interesting to look at, but WoW it would look so much better boarder less and you can't trim it because of that circle in every corner. How long did it take you to learn the Belline?

I've seen it for less than $60 a few times. I guess you just have to keep an eye out.

The cards are not big, about 2.25" x 3.75".

I, personally, really like the less sophisticated art of the Belline. It reminds me a lot of some of the older TdM decks. But I can definitely see that it's not for everyone.

I also like the art on the Tarot d'Eltyne deck. Except for the people, which was enough of an issue for me to not be interested in that deck.

I've found it pretty straightforward to learn. I mean, like any other deck, there's still a lot to learn as I work with it. But it doesn't have a super-complex "system" like some other modern oracles.

G6

I've seen it for less than $60 a few times. I guess you just have to keep an eye out.

The cards are not big, about 2.25" x 3.75".

I, personally, really like the less sophisticated art of the Belline. It reminds me a lot of some of the older TdM decks. But I can definitely see that it's not for everyone.

I also like the art on the Tarot d'Eltyne deck. Except for the people, which was enough of an issue for me to not be interested in that deck.

I've found it pretty straightforward to learn. I mean, like any other deck, there's still a lot to learn as I work with it. But it doesn't have a super-complex "system" like some other modern oracles.

I like the Belline although I am on the fence about the old timey decks like the TdM. I haven't been really drawn to them. I'll keep a look out though if I happen to find one for $20. ;-)

MissNine

Hey G6!

The Magic of Flowers Oracle

I was checking out oracles today at the new age shop. I came across this deck and thought of your thread! :) the cards are smaller than most tarot decks. Really easy to shuffle. :)