Alchemical Study Group - King of Coins

Leisa

A regal, crowned lion, who is the embodiment of courage and physical strength, holds a coin bearing his own image. He is in a natural setting. He is the essence of satisfaction. His strength and courage are the result of physical balance and harmony with nature. This card relates to the Strength card in the Major Arcana.

Tarot wisdom: The message here is to honor the libido, the animal self, the instincts. Act in strength and possess the courage to pursue what you want. However, keep in mind that well-being is best achieved when this is done without attachment to the end result.

mac22

Leisa said:
A regal, crowned lion, who is the embodiment of courage and physical strength, holds a coin bearing his own image. He is in a natural setting. He is the essence of satisfaction. His strength and courage are the result of physical balance and harmony with nature. This card relates to the Strength card in the Major Arcana.

Tarot wisdom: The message here is to honor the libido, the animal self, the instincts. Act in strength and possess the courage to pursue what you want. However, keep in mind that well-being is best achieved when this is done without attachment to the end result.

Act in balance - Don't become overly concerned with the outcome. -- I LIKE IT!...:)

Mac22

sapienza

I thought it might be helpful to include this post by brenmck from the Two of Coins thread. It's interesting to consider the link between the Two and King of Coins.....

brenmck said:
The Two of Coins in RW type decks usually pictures a minor conflict with balancing daily issues of life; finances, relationships, decision-making. But here we have the Sun and Moon, with the implications of those cards very pronounced (enlightenment vs. bewilderment?), the coins of animus and anima “polarized,” and the body of the lion forming a lemniscate, symbol of infinity around the Sun and Moon.
Place describes the lion symbol in this card as that which is “fixed,” and it devours the eagle, “volatile.” Yet the eagle is not consumed and is still capable of putting up a fight, as the story of the card suggests. The embattled lion, fixed in his stable earthly aspects, tries to control the free-soaring eagle, which is also part of his tail, his being. These inner conflicts go well beyond the notion of juggling daily affairs to the picture of one part of the psyche in serious conflict with another. Again the “groundedness” of the suit of Coins fights for control over the airy nature of this untamed “emblem of the soul.” Note that when the procession of this suit reaches the King of Coins, where this battle is now won, there is no eagle symbol, but the lion appears as the King; his mane is smooth, he wears a crown at last, rests a comfortable paw on his coin, and looks quite regal and satisfied.

Place also links this card to the Strength card which is interesting. To me the card definitely portrays confidence. I like the idea as well that the King has managed to find a balance, perhaps between physical need and nature. So it's prosperity, but not at any cost. True prosperity comes from finding a balance with natural forces and energies. The Lion definitely looks triumphant. I think this is the wisdom that comes from recognising what true wealth really is.

RexMalaki

The King of Coins is a lion wearing a crown and supporting a coin bearing a lion device. He is in a natural setting; he is the king of the beasts. He is attainment in the temporal realm, the sense-world governed by time. Having climbed to a place in society where he has the resources to travel and explore knowledge, the King of Coins is ready to take the next step away from stability and have his mind blown by the ocean of unconscious mind.