Your Most Readable Deck

The Happy Squirrel

For now, Incidental Tarot.
I only read only for myself, I don't read reversals, and read free style. So perhaps this is more reflection and meditation rather than a reading as such. Nevertheless the Incidental Tarot doesn't illustrate the pips other than with minor embellishments but compose them in such a way which suggest very vividly the RWS equivalent. The illustration clear, pleasant to look at, simple, and direct. The size was awkward but after extreme trimming a joy to shuffle.
So that is why it is the most easy to read deck for me so far.
:)

DanThorpe

Either RWS or Revelations Tarot for me. although revelations tarot can be a bit of a dick lol,it gets to the heart of the matter wether you want to accept it or not lol

Frater Benedict

Until something better is printed, I would say Dame Fortune's Wheel.

violetdaisy

It's a toss between Robin Wood and The Fey for me, depends on my mood.

teawoman

Strangely enough, I think I'd say the Garden of Priapus/Priapo. Since the LWB is in Italian (but I have gone ahead and translated it with the help of Google Translate and have yet to use my translation) and the imagery is VERY nonstandard (to say the least!), I'm forced to read the images themselves to get my interpretations. And in every reading, it always gives me at least one WTF card that forces me to stretch my tarot muscles in new and different ways.

Rodney

I'm unable to find any reference to this deck, Rodney, and it sounds intriguing. Have you a link, or pix?
Thanks!

gregory

Pagan Cats. It is - just ME.

earthair

Golden Rider, and very strangely of late the Via :bugeyed:

Since I've finally got a spare and plucked up the courage to give it a trim, the things I used to hate about it now communicate, especially the woman holding all the pips aloft. Probably because she is now at the bottom of the card where the artist intended, instead of in the middle, above 3 huge borders!
I just wish it had a bit more colour, ooomf and saturation like GD Temple and it would be purrfect.

bonebeach

Unexpectedly, Crow's Magick Tarot. I really wish it had a different name--I find magick with a k a little kitsch sometimes, and honestly, the deck doesn't have many crows in it at all, but more eagles and owls. People talk about this being a "dark" deck but I don't get that at all, expect in the very literal sense that the background is black.

I dunno--somehow the symbolism makes better sense to me than anything else, even though I learned on the RWS and this deck has very little in common with the RWS. I find the textured images of some of the cards soothing...the art is a little weird in a way I like.

It was also one of the cheaper decks I've ever bought, which makes me fond of it. My other super readable deck is The Wild Unknown, which is beautifully straightforward.

But is any deck worth $40 of straight forward? :) Sometimes I wonder...and then buy another deck a month later.

feynrir

Llewellyn Classic
Joie de Vivre
DruidCraft

These are not necessarily my top favorites, but they have been great go-tos and have given me the most outstanding readings in recent times. I am particularly surprised with how much I love the somewhat-maligned Llewellyn Classic. :love: It's my top favorite in that subset of decks that are incredibly similar to the RWS (you know, those faux-medieval types: Morgan-Greer, Aquarian, Robin Wood etc).