How to use the calculator

oddtarot

I had a bit of a problem with a natal chart calculator. Somewhere near the end, the calculator asked me to type in the time GMT. I am not sure if I am supposed to type it in.

In other calculators that do not require me to type in my timezone GMT, I had one set of results, in this calculator that asked me to key in my timezone, I had other results, especially the moon and rising sign.

Is it more accurate to input my time zone or do I let the calculator do that?

I used this calculator.

Thanks.

Minderwiz

I had a bit of a problem with a natal chart calculator. Somewhere near the end, the calculator asked me to type in the time GMT. I am not sure if I am supposed to type it in.

In other calculators that do not require me to type in my timezone GMT, I had one set of results, in this calculator that asked me to key in my timezone, I had other results, especially the moon and rising sign.

Is it more accurate to input my time zone or do I let the calculator do that?

I used this calculator.

Thanks.

The link did not come through, so I can't check the specific calculator you used. A good one should ask you to enter your time zone, or at least the GMT (Universal Time) offset. A very good calculator will work out the time zond from the place you enter (though it might not be able to cope with daylight savings).

Whilst entering a time in GMT will work, it will only work if you convert your actual local time of birth into a GMT, that is you know the GMT offset and can adjust your birth time, forward or backwards as appropriate.

If you PM me your details I'll do the calculations for you, using my own programs. But I'd still like the link to the calculator just in case anyone else has similar problems with it.

oddtarot

Hi, the calculator is on the site cafeastrology, the full birth chart is from that site.

Minderwiz

Hi, the calculator is on the site cafeastrology, the full birth chart is from that site.

OK I went to the site and used the calculator:

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

Name and date are straightforward the time entry is slightly unusual with two dropdown boxes one of hours and one for minutes. The time here is your local time of birth. Do not make adjustments for daylight savings, that is will be automatically added, if necessary.

The place only needs you to enter at least three letters and then select from a list. The more letters you type the shorter the list. The list is international, that is it offers you a range from more than one country (assuming that there are duplicate versions of the full name of your birth place). This worked well for me for two trial charts,

They also have an interactive chart wheel that you can use.

http://cafeastrology.com/freebirthchart.html

Although the 'front-end# is a little different, it essentially takes the data in the same way. Enter your local time of birth, don't make any allowance for daylight savings and type enough of the place name so that you can pick it out of the list offered.

oddtarot

Hi, thanks for looking at the site. If I apply for daylight settings it gives me a different chart than if I don't, so I am rather confused over whether I should input my GMT. But it seems I should not. Thanks for clearing that up.