28/08 Ace of Swords

galadrial

Ace of Swords

I like how this sword is so big and sturdy in comparison to the puffy cloud it has pierced. Looks like the weather forcast is crystal clear thinking with a chance of insight. I find the wall intriguing. Like an arena. Sword vs. cloud, sword pierces cloud, and the crowd goes wild because in this arena all is black and white and there is no quarter given- fuzzy, iffy thinking is utterly conquered. The bend of the sword makes me think of a tool for prying things up. Maybe it is time to pry the mental lid up and uncover some of the reasons behind those muddled thoughts.

Maan

i like this card too. Its such a sharp and clean card..if you understand what i mean.

When i get this card i am always relieved..finally i will gets ome clarity. Finally something( an idea or thought) will clear the fog hanging around in my mind...or life for that matter.

Cutting true the nonsens

I hope you will have day with lots of clarity Galadrial

Love
Maan

galadrial

Thanks, Maan:) I finally got an appointment with my son's guidance counsellor and we got his schedule straightened out- clarity indeed!

Melvis

Hi, all!

I am intrigued by the pink sword guard thingy. Pink? Very bold choice in the land of black and white.

"Cutting true the nonsense". Hee. I like that, Maan! :D

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Little Baron

Galadrial, I loved your responses. Especially the arena comparison; it is a bit like everything has come to ahead and has been put out there for us to come to terms with. To me, its a real 'make or break' card; a 'stand up and say it card'; a 'this is who I am, like it or lump it' card; a black and white card.

Melvis, I don't get the pink bit either - any ideas?

I also love the idea of opening up the can with the sword; I will remember that one!

Best wishes

Yaboot

Xarokys

The pink sword guard. I'm also wondering why the artist chose that color. The skeleton in the Death card is swinging a pink scythe. Pink is the one of the colors that mean love. Maybe pink swords and scythes have to do with 'tough love' ?

I like the idea of cutting the nonsense, getting the fog out of the mind.

Great posts on this card!

darwinia

Aces Wild

That piercing power shafted through clouds. Reason, reason, arcs upward on the teeter totter guard. Say it in spades, zooming, we're zooming baby, and the crenelated walls surrounding us are nothing to our penetrating thoughts. Come fly with me, let's blow this pop stand and skitter into another dimension where there is nothing but blue, blue sky and clouds framing our phallic reach for that exquisite moment of intellectual understanding and supremacy. Nothing will get in our way, the moment is ours, come with me, come with me, and ride my perfected point of perfect thought, paradise unfolding, intellect proclaimed in one thrust of shadowed blade.

Reach.

spoonbender

The Ace of Swords was my card for today. I had trouble relating to it, but I like to think I've gotten to know it a little better now.

On the card, I see a courtyard with a checkerboard floor, enclosed by a wall with merlons. I think the checkerboard pattern shows the intellectual, analytical side of the Swords: perhaps it shows that life is like a game that can be won by using the right, well-thought-out strategy?

A large sword pierces through a cloud that stands for misunderstanding and chaos. It’s like when we can’t see clearly through the fog and then get lost... But here, the sword shows clear-sightedness and insight, and shows the need to rise above confusion and conflict.

The wall (which seems to appear a few times throughout the Swords suit) could show a need for structured thoughts and (with a stretch) even concentration, as it makes no distractions possible.
The merlons obviously show some kind of defence, and it suddenly struck me that, just like a wall can keep away war and conflict, I should use my words carefully to avoid arguments and misunderstandings. I realized this while I was helping my brother with the tactics for a computer game and while we almost got into a big fight because he misunderstood what I was saying. In the afternoon too, I repeatedly had to watch my words, because everyone around me (including me) was a bit edgy.

galadrial said:
I find the wall intriguing. Like an arena. Sword vs. cloud, sword pierces cloud, and the crowd goes wild because in this arena all is black and white and there is no quarter given- fuzzy, iffy thinking is utterly conquered.
Ooh, I like this, Galadrial!

Spoonbender

Little Baron

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... you interpret this deck wonderfully and some really fresh and clear insights. I had never thought of the checkerboard flooring to be like a game of strategy. In that sense, having the flooring in back and white can show just how clear cut the operation is and how cutting the sword is in seeking the 'truth' in the situation.

I also like the idea of the cloud being fog-like and the sword cutting through the 'crap' so to speak.

It's quite a sparce card and at first I thought there was a lack of imagery in it; however, now, I think that emptyness is part of its charm; it needs to be uncluttered and the sword needs to un-clutter the situation to discover what is 'real'; that whole finding 'clarity' in the situation.

Best wishes

Yaboot

spoonbender

Thank you so much, Yaboot!

Yaboot001 said:
It's quite a sparce card and at first I thought there was a lack of imagery in it; however, now, I think that emptyness is part of its charm; it needs to be uncluttered and the sword needs to un-clutter the situation to discover what is 'real'; that whole finding 'clarity' in the situation.
Exactly - I thought at first that there wasn't much to say about this card, but I've found some hidden depths in it. I think it's wonderful what you say about it being uncluttered. After exploring the card, it just feels 'right' to me - especially after reading the quoted part above :)!

Thanks!
Spoonbender