DruidCraft - XIII Death

Horace

How could you look at this card and be afraid of Death? My first feelings were how this card showed that there is life after change. Even though Death has a firm grip on the physical, everything else in the picture shows continuity.
Just as the snake sheds it's skin to be something new. And the sun always rises. The rising steam from the cauldron goes into the clouds to return again as rain.
The moss and ivy hanging on the tree are longevity plants.

There is tenderness in death, too. in letting go with compassion. It's almost like she's stroking the skull. To me, that would include forgiving the part of me that needs changing and letting death transform me into something new. WOW, is that a scary thought! Hh

coyoteblack

this is one of my fravorite cards in the deck , it is all about change .
letting go is a cool way of looking at her kind of like she is saying either you change it or I will. I always get the impression it is a drastic change and one that needs to be done

Sagefire

I too was completely blown away by the Death of this deck, "how could anyone be afraid?" absolutely right. The death in so many other decks is kinda of dark and creepy and you know it's not a bad card but it still gives you willies getting it in a reading. This Death is just like a breath of fresh air, or like when you think of the most beautiful fields in the world and imagine that is what the Underworld must look like. I love the inclusion of the dolmen, I was first blown away by these things when I rented a megolithic monuments book from the library, because they are so huge and precarious and they show you death in this simple, worn, ageless sort of way..Without shoving a zombiefied skeleton in your face. Somehow, this card makes it easy.

I would love to have my skull stroked like that someday. ^_^ Or likewise, I would love to stroke a skull like that someday.

alphamatrix

Voiceless said:
This Death is just like a breath of fresh air, or like when you think of the most beautiful fields in the world and imagine that is what the Underworld must look like.

That's the feeling I get with this card - a breath of fresh air. Like change is in the wind... It speaks more of renewal to me than Rebirth in the deck (maybe it's just 'cause that little cherub-like kid unnerves me with the adult look in his eyes). But this Death card is great because it encourges you to look another way at death - not scary, not painful, just change.

Disa

Also, the snake is there, to remind me of change...

"Like a snake shed my skin, leave my past where it's been"....These are words of comfort to me, you'll never believe where they came from.... Tommy Lee, Methods of Mayhem

MysticalMoose

It is truly a beautiful card ~ I just love the sky...the light is creeping over the horizon...a new dawn is approaching & as in all of this deck the colours are just beautiful. :)

Imagemaker

I drew this card today as one of 3 for today's events. I always see it as an opportunity for transformation in a significant way (major arcana) way.

The card's doorway is a sign of that new opportunity, I think.

coyoteblack

Druidcraft Tarot - Death XIII

Hello All

I love this Death card it is much different then many other Death cards. There is a lot of affection in this card she almost caresses the skull before it goes in the cauldron for rebirth.

I have a few questions though.

1. This card Breaks down into a 4 and it is a water element as Scorpio is it's ruler. normally the stability or 4 don't work well with the flowing of water, but it works wonderful here I just don't understand how.

2. Also I can see how Water can work here with one life or situation flowing onto the next but the 4's are confusing the heck out of me.

Bat Chicken

This is just an idea - but - I think of Death as that 'stillness' between what was and what will become.

Death is one of the few absolutes in this world and that might make it fit the four.....

coyoteblack

Bat Chicken said:
This is just an idea - but - I think of Death as that 'stillness' between what was and what will become.

Death is one of the few absolutes in this world and that might make it fit the four.....

ahh inbetween the " death " of one situation and the rebirth of another. is where the 4 fits?

that works thanks