Question about the Celtic Cross!

crazydeka

I have a question... How do you read the Celtic Cross?

The way that is written in my book is not working with the cards that I have layed out for me. So I wanna know how do you guys read it when you use the Celtic Cross method.

lunalafey

there are many ways that the CC is taught. The variations are endless. What is the spread from your book?

For me, after all the confusion; I ended up using the CC this way-

..4...1/2...6....9

1. is the sitution, basically this card just echos the issue of my question......never really tells me anything I don't already know.
2. this card represents the obsticals, things that are holding me from my goal.
3. the basis, foundation- this is part of the history of the issue, the things that I have built so far in regards to the issue.
4. this is the other part of the history, the past events in regards to the issue/question.
5. this card is what I am aiming for, my goal for the sitution.
6. this is what is in the near future- pretty self explainitory
Where the cross deals with me and the issue in my own world of self, cards 7-10 deal with the outside influences surrounding the issue.
7. is what is on my mind and my attitudes and actions, yes this is about 'self' like the first 6 cards, but this is indicating my actions within the rest of society, not within my mind, my 'home'
8. this is the other people and outside enviroment, attitudes and ctions of others, those things around me.
9. hopes & fears
10. the outcome

the first 6 cards are for reflection, the last 4 cards are for advise.

wavebreaker

Hi crazydeka,

Here is an old thread in which a lot of people posted their version of the Celtic Cross. Maybe that will give you some ideas?