Paul Marteau's "Tarot de Marseile" in English Translation!

Wil_Mac

Paul Marteau's "Tarot de Marseille" in English Translation!

Hi All:

I haven't run across a thread yet about Paris Finley's soon-to-be released translation of Paul Marteau's "Le Tarot de Marseille" yet. I wanted to throw this out there for everyone, since it's a translation of one the giants on Marseille.

Here's the website. I just emailed Paris again today to get signed up for the pre-order: http://www.planetlight.com/td/content/translation-le-tarot-de-marseille-paul-marteau-preorder

Cheers,
Wil

Richard

Great news! Thanks for the information.

kenji

This project has been suspended for about a year.
Paris told me he had trouble with Grimaud about using the images of Marteau's deck in the book.

I too have just e-mailed him again. I hope the obstacles will soon be cleared away...:(

Wil_Mac

I understand she was shopping the best method to publish too... For what it's worth, I've encouraged her to "Go Big" & try to work with a Llewellyn, etc. Get the forward by the big tarot writer(s) on this "landmark translation." Get it marketed at esoteric bookstores throughout the world, good amazon.com distribution.... A numbered, limited edition would be incredi-cool too.

Copyright issues is a whole 'nother can of worms though. Can anyone be a guide here? Published authors? Friends in the right places?

I hope she can bring it out asap, cause I would have liked to have read it yesterday! It seems like such an obvious candidate for a long-overdue translation.... The Marteau Grimaud TdM is a European standard.

Kenji, beautiful sleuthing, as you are clearly so fully adept at!