Selenite sphere

sedgeez

What can I use a selenite sphere for?

:)

Tigerangel

What can I use a selenite sphere for?

:)

Anything you want to use it for :) it was named after Selene the Greek Goodess of the moon.

I believe the selenite is good for meditation and finding clarity , helps to unblock stagnant energies and emotions, also for access to past lives, you can find more information on the internet about more of selenites properties.

I have a piece of selenite myself buts is a small piece, it's a very delicate crystal so you need to be careful how you store it, as it can become chipped or strached with the slightest knock, and it's not good with humidity.

nisaba

and it's not good with humidity.

I have two pieces of selenite in the bathroom, a square-cut white one in which the grain is lovely and which originally reminded me of a piece of exquisite hand-made crafted soap, and an oval peach selenite shaped so much like a cake of soap and such a pretty colour that I *had* to put it right near the sink.

I've had the white one for about seven years and the peach one for about two years, and the bathroom steams up on a very regular basis. In addition, the occasional visitor gets caught out and tries to wash their hands with them <cackle>. The stones are as beautiful as the day I bought them.

ETA: a stone wholesaler told me they'd dissolve. I think she was confusing them with Himalayan rock salt, which *will* dissolve.

nisaba

Have you tried scrying with it?

celticnoodle

As already mentioned, meditation and scrying are two very good ideas for using your selenite. This crystal is supposedly very connected to the higher realms and should help you to connect to the angels, your guides, etc. they are also supposedly great for developing or reclaiming your spiritual abilities, if you have noticed them lacking. Specifically wonderful for cleansing and opening your crown chakra.

Interesting, Nisaba, that you've not had yours dissolving, as I have also read and been told not to get it wet or keep it in a place with high humidity.

Ms. Jocelyn

Selenite can also be used to cleanse other crystals, and cleanse the aura. I have one that I sleep with under my pillow at night and I use it in a bag with other crystals. I gotta get some more :-D They are also used to keep away negative energies.

I also cleanse mine with water and a little salt. I have read that you can cleanse crystals with salt and then I read some place you can't. But, my selenite has not resolved.

celticnoodle

Selenite can also be used to cleanse other crystals, and cleanse the aura. I have one that I sleep with under my pillow at night and I use it in a bag with other crystals. I gotta get some more :-D They are also used to keep away negative energies.

I also cleanse mine with water and a little salt. I have read that you can cleanse crystals with salt and then I read some place you can't. But, my selenite has not resolved.

oh yes! I nearly forgot about this too. I have a selenite 'tower' that I keep on a table beside my bed. A dish is also near it to hold all my other crystals, in hopes that the selenite will cleasnse them. thanks Jocelyn for reminding me of this.

sophiastellarum

Any crystal or mineral less than a 4 on the MOHs hardness scale should not be cleansed in water. Selenite is 3.5. Very soft. It is actually gypsum I have ruined the finish on a lovely palm stone, so take my word for it. Salt water can be even more damaging to selenite and many other. crystals as well, not worth the risk in my opinion.

Selenite is lovely for charging stones. I add a piece of blue kyanite if I also want a clearing effect.

I love to use the candle holders to grid a room, and you can be incognito about it if the rest of your household is not into "rocks"! The little holes for the tea lights are great for tucking in another stone too.

Your sphere would make a nice centerpiece in a tabletop grid :)

I keep a selenite bar by my jewelry box to recharge my jewelry after I take it off. The stones just love it!

One of my favorite uses for selenite it as a base for a hunk of black tourmaline. Black tourmaline is a great absorber of negative energy, and can transmute quite it quite well if it remains sufficiently charged. Otherwise it just gets full and is a polluted generator . The selenite keeps it running in top shape. Just be sure to charge your selenite!

sophiastellarum

So here is a sad little post script. I had all my selenite and shungite out sunning today. I left to run some errands and it poured down rain while I was gone. Every polished shiny piece of selenite I had, including the pink and the peach, are now quite dull and gritty. Grrrrr. I will be refinishing them all this weekend. What timing!

celticnoodle

So here is a sad little post script. I had all my selenite and shungite out sunning today. I left to run some errands and it poured down rain while I was gone. Every polished shiny piece of selenite I had, including the pink and the peach, are now quite dull and gritty. Grrrrr. I will be refinishing them all this weekend. What timing!

Oh No! How awful. I'm sorry to hear this happened to your crystals, sophiasellarum.