Natal Charts

Noubaguy

I have been reading alot about astrology and now I feel the need to get my natal chart. Does anyone know a reliable source that can provide me with my natal chart?

Minderwiz

Two good sources.

One thing to watch - make sure that you enter your details correctly - if you were born at 4 o'clock in the morning make sure that this is what the site registers and does not have you born at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Make sure that it correctly records you place of birth and not somewhere with the same name but in a different state or country. And perhaps most important of all, that if you were born during daylight saving hours that this is also correctly recognised.

One reputable firm that produced a chart analysis for me (luckily a freebie as part of another purchase) got mine wrong. I told them clearly that I was born at 12:30 GMT (allowing for the daylight saving) but they had me born at 12:30 including the daylight saving - which altered my chart significantly.

If you do have problems just post your details here and one of us can produce a chart for you. However there is some fun in using the sources mentioned and see your own chart materialise from your info. You can also do charts for friend and family.

One last thing - be a little careful of any reading the site produces - they produce these from computer progs and these cannot integrate a reading. Rather like word processors that compile standard clauses into a legal contract, the astrology sites simply select a list of paragraphs covering what the chart shows at an individual level.

Noubaguy

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. Not to mention SPEED! LOL I went to the astro.com site, and according to the chart my Sun and Acendant signs are the same (Taurus). By looking at the chart I am assuming that "acendant" means the house with the most planets in it. I got three in the Taurus section. I also seem to have influences in gemini, aries, scorpio, aquarius, and sagitarius. I gotta find out what each planet and where it fell on the chart means. Thanks to everyone again for your help :)

lunalafey

Noubaguy said:
By looking at the chart I am assuming that "acendant" means the house with the most planets in it.

The acendant, AC, is determined by the exact time of birth. It is the sign that is on the horizon from the location of birth. The AC also is the start of the houses.

Minderwiz

Your Ascendant lies at the 9 o'clock position on your natal chart wheel (or due east).

The houses are then numbered from that point in an anti-clockwise direction.

leriel

daylight?

hi,
what's 'daylight saving'? I have Astrolog 5.0 and there's a place to write whether there was daylight or not. I was born at 1:20 PM CET. What to put there?

Minderwiz

Hi Leriel,

Daylight saving is the practice of putting the clocks forward an hour, usually around March and then putting them back an hour, usually around October.

It is not a universal practice - but was introduced by some countries during the First World War and then repeated during the Second World War and maintained by them ever since. By getting people out of bed an hour earlier it is supposed to provide longer daylight working hours.

For Astrologers this leads to the problem where recorded birth times are an hour out from Solar time. To avoid complications of longitude, suppose someone was born in London on July 1st at 12:00 by the clock. During July the UK is on British Summer Time (BST) which is one hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

GMT is actually the local Solar Time in London - so true Noon would not actually occur till 13:00 BST. In order to establish the positions of the planets at the time of birth (and indeed the MC and the Ascendant) we need to make use of an ephemeris - and these usually give the planetary position at either midnight or noon GMT. So if we used an ephemeris for noon GMT and used the recorded birth time of noon BST unadjusted, the natal chart would be an hour out.

This is a common error - I've had it from professional organisations. If you are drawing up a chart for yourself or someone else you may find they know their birth time but they won't tell you as a matter of course whether daylight saving was being used - its your job as the Astrologer to check.

A number of programs are sophisticated enough to know the changes but many require you to tell them what time system is in operation. I'm not sure what the situation is in Poland but if you do adjust your clocks twice a year then you need to make allowance for daylight savings. Even if you do not you may need to do a chart for someone born abroad, where daylight saving is used.

leriel

:)

thanks minderwiz,
this information helped me a lot. In Poland, we adjust clock twice a year, so I'm pisces ascendant, just as I thought :D It describes me better than taurus ascendant indeed. One problem solved. And btw, according to the Inernet sites taurus is rising in my natal horoscope, heh. I guess they don't take into account this little detail above.
love,
leriel