Chakra jewelry - rules?

Vellata

Hi!

I'm planning to make a chakra earrings and/or pendant and would like to know, what are the rules for putting together stones?

I would like to include my favorite stones, but not sure, if some of them would be too strong, so any help appreciated!

Here's the list so far:

Root - Red jasper;
Sacral - Sunstone;
Solar plexus - Citrine;
Heart - tough choice here. Malachite would be priority, but I have only chips. Would green Agate be OK?
Throat - Lapis;
Third Eye - Kyanite;
Crown - Amethyst

wildchilde

I think making your own chakra jewelry is an excellent idea! As far as "rules" I say bunk to that...the only 'rule' is follow your inner guide and experiment with which stones you feel might be of best use for you. The simplest way to do this is to just ask them...walk around with them in your pocket or meditate with them and see how you react and how they react to you.

As far as your list. Agates are very powerful healers, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use this. Some people find Kyanite too overwhelming to wear regularly or for long periods, however this may not affect you. Just experiment and see what happens. Hope you will post a pic of your creation once you complete it.

Vellata

Thank you for your advice, Wildchilde!

I went to get the missing stones today and picked up the ones, that I was drawn most to. The result surprises me, as I added some stones, that I've never used before - like green peridot and green aventurine. Somewhere along the way I also decided to use a small piece of Baltic amber, which I've overlooked before, as it is widely available where I live. So they all are now included in temporary bracelet to see how they act (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/melizande/My creations/bracelet_temporary_zps1aa73e93.jpg)

It surprises me, what you are telling about Kyanite. I had a strange experience with it, when I made earrings. It was the first jewelry piece, which I took apart, once it was nearly finished and as it was in a soutache technique, I destroyed hours of work just because it didn't feel right at the end. After that the final piece came out much too fancy for everyday wearing, so probably stone wants to be worn only on special occasions. Let's see, how it acts in smaller quantities and together with other stones now. I would so much like to keep it included.

wildchilde

Gorgeous!! I love the bracelet! Love how you did the dangle piece also. Very nice!

I have been attracted to peridot lately too, which was surprising because eventhough it is my birthstone I never, ever liked it before. I wish I could get baltic amber pieces like that!! Just that one piece would be a small fortune here. That is interesting about your "special occasion" kyanite piece :) Yes, I believe the stones will always tell us what they want. I know it is difficult to dismantle a piece that you work so hard on, but the reality is the stones will always get what they want. hehe

shelikes2read

I love the color combinations there. That's a great bracelet, and the fact that YOU designed and made it will make it all the more potent for you!