How do you keep your crystals?

Briar Rose

Just exactly that, how do you keep them?

I have the polished crystals in a large wooden bowl, with an angelite crystal wand. I also keep a feather wand in it standing up to keep it rechanged.

I have a few points and rought cut crystals I keep on a stand on my desk. And I have a wooden bowl of rough cut crystals and rocks on my art shelf, and some rocks that are too big to keep anywhere else.

I resently washed all the crystal points, and have them on a doily, on a wooden dish in a circular pattern.

I also have collected fabulous rocks on my walks with my dog, and I keep them in a nook at the corner of my house, outside. I sit and play with them, making little rock sculptures.

Then I have a black velvet draw string bag with a long cotton handle that I can wear or put under my pillow.

Anyone care to share how you keep yours?

Hemera

I just keep mine in boxes and tucked away in a cupboard. I think it´s mainly because I do not like anyone handling them. But on the other hand I miss seeing them. I have been thinking that I should have them out -maybe a few at a time- since they are simply too beautiful to be kept locked away.

There is a related thread Crystals; out gathering dust or safely stored...

Mystic Zyl

I keep most of them in a wooden box in my tarot cabinet. I keep an agate in my coin purse, for prosperity. I keep a few stones in with my tarot cards, which I keep in a wooden box also. I do set the stones out in the sulight every so often to energy cleanse them. I also have a couple of very huge round stones I keep on a pedestal, a flourite and labradorite.

Ann Yu

It's a progress :3 There are 3 main sections that I have to keep track regularly: keeping it in suitable place, charging energy and un-charging.

I use Rose Quartz and some Red Rutin Quartz.

Firstly, I use my pendulum and L-rod to find a best place for my quartz.

And then, if the pendulum tells me that the Quartz have not been ready to work yet, I must charge energy for it.

Sometimes, after using a long time or after a complicated reading or something like that, they loose their energy and I have to un-charge all the bad energy and the recharge it.

I usually keep it in a red velvet bag.

stonesatiety

This is fun reading how we each place our stones.

Hemera: Thanks for including that link. There's a lot of love for stones there, fun to read.

Since I posted on the other link, I remembered a bowl I filled with small tumbled turquoise and agates. They like sitting in there and I like running my fingers through them and picking them up. Another thing I did years ago was place my large jelly opal and smaller opals in a container of water. People would ask why the stones were in water. Well, opals do well in water.

My cat who would only drink from her "water hole" (the guest bathroom toilet), gazed in at the jelly opal, then started drinking the opalized water! Po loved that water, drank it for years. I asked if perhaps that was a bit strong for a small cat. Apparently not! After that I placed stone volunteers in a bowl for Po, who generally agreed with the stones' suggestions.

I often place stones who volunteer out on the dining room table when I expect company. Sometimes guests don't notice, but often they do. Once we start playing with stones, forget it. :)

I've had healing sessions stop here! Which actually became the healing session. The stones are full of surprises. So much fun. I also have a few large stones outside. I resisted, but they insisted. One 45 pound quartz crystal oversees the young dog at play in the back yard. Other stones greet visitors and help the plants.

Briar Rose

I put an amethyst cluster in my gladiola tree for the winter. I recently took it out and scrubbed it, and now I recharge my crystals on it.

Does anyone ever put colored crystal in a storage pouch, and then find they have a pale color to them, but then once charged, they become vibrant again?

I didn't understand what you meant by the tiolet water and jellied opal.

I always keep my toilet lid down because no matter how you clean it, it's full of bacteria, and I wouldn't want my pets to ingest water in a place I use for poop and pee.

stonesatiety

Hi Briar Rose: The cat was abanded by somebody. When I left the army and moved home, I noticed a small calico cat who liked to hide behind the bushes along the wall. Once she decided to move in, she started drinking from the guest bathroom toilet, so I scrubbed it clean and didn't use it. That became Popurrie's water hole. (Cat spelling with the "purr" in the middle.) Whenever somebody visited, I cleaned everything up again. Which didn't sit well with me, but it was better than nothing. Po wouldn't tolerate living inside, so I treasured our time inside together.

I placed the large jelly opal in a container full of water, because the opal was showing cracks as opals can do when they dry out. I set the container on my kitchen island. Popurrie, who knew *everything* that went on in or outside the house, gazed at the opal sitting in the water, then one day began to drink the water. Surprise, surprise! Then she stopped asking to drink from the toilet! So everything worked out. Years later Po stopped drinking the water, so I checked with her and the stones to see whether she'd like some water by her dish with a stone or two in the water. The answer was yes, and that's what we did for the rest of her days.

intuitiveinsight

I have my crystals in a soft tackle box with various compartments. This is how I store my crystals.
I do take them with me (wel a couple of them with me) when I go out so I can stay calm if I enter into a stressful situation.
A note for those who have stones, make sure you know the hardness of them on the mos scale. Look up on a search engine what the mos scale is, it should tell you.
Certain stones shouldn't be fstored with others (a quartz is a 7.5 I believe) selenite is a 2, quartz will scratch selenite. So if you do store have the ones from the quartz family together that have the same hardness of other stones.
For me though I've never really had a problem I'm careful when I travel with various crystals!

Blessings,
Intuitiveinsight

Darkmage

I have some crystals in boxes. Others are loose. All my spheres and eggs are on shelves on display. I dust them occasionally.

I also have stone/crystal figurines. My favourite is a tiger carved from snowflake obsidian in such a way that the gray snowflakes form the tiger's stripes. It's about 6" long and 3" high, so it's fairly large and lives on a bookshelf. Others live on other shelves and a couple live on top of my stereo.

It really depends on what they are and what I need them for.

Briar Rose

Hi Briar Rose: The cat was abanded by somebody. When I left the army and moved home, I noticed a small calico cat who liked to hide behind the bushes along the wall. Once she decided to move in, she started drinking from the guest bathroom toilet, so I scrubbed it clean and didn't use it. That became Popurrie's water hole. (Cat spelling with the "purr" in the middle.) Whenever somebody visited, I cleaned everything up again. Which didn't sit well with me, but it was better than nothing. Po wouldn't tolerate living inside, so I treasured our time inside together.

I placed the large jelly opal in a container full of water, because the opal was showing cracks as opals can do when they dry out. I set the container on my kitchen island. Popurrie, who knew *everything* that went on in or outside the house, gazed at the opal sitting in the water, then one day began to drink the water. Surprise, surprise! Then she stopped asking to drink from the toilet! So everything worked out. Years later Po stopped drinking the water, so I checked with her and the stones to see whether she'd like some water by her dish with a stone or two in the water. The answer was yes, and that's what we did for the rest of her days.

That is a heart warming story. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for protecting our country. I appreciate the time you spent to share your story. Animals have that way of strongy communicating with us without words. It's so touching. You have a *big* heart.

I love opals. Rubing a little bit of olive oil on them helps with stopping the drying.

Could we start an Opal thread? I don't want to start it because I would have the cheat and look up the healing properties (which wouldn't be a bad thing, but just not genuine). I only know about them as a gem hound, instead of the healing properties.

I have the green/blue Peruvian Opal beads in a necklace, and a small tumbled pink opal. The pink opal makes me feel happy, and the Peruvin Opal makes me feel strong. That is about all I know.