Synastry anyone?

CaliforniaTarot

I didn't see a synastry thread to put this question in, so I decided to ask a question relating to it.

I know this means somethign important, but I forgot/don't know what it means: What is the importance of Sun and Venus planets in synastry with another person? My Sun Sign is in Taurus and my Venus is in Aries and the guy in question has his Sun Sign in Aries and Venus in Taurus, so we basically flipped sun and venus signs. It's interesting and it must mean something in the realm of love/romance right?

Minderwiz

I didn't see a synastry thread to put this question in, so I decided to ask a question relating to it.

That's fine. I don't think we have a general synastry thread but quite a few specific ones, so as your question is specific, it really could do with a thread of it's own.

CaliforniaTarot said:
I know this means somethign important, but I forgot/don't know what it means: What is the importance of Sun and Venus planets in synastry with another person? My Sun Sign is in Taurus and my Venus is in Aries and the guy in question has his Sun Sign in Aries and Venus in Taurus, so we basically flipped sun and venus signs. It's interesting and it must mean something in the realm of love/romance right?

On it's own, it doesn't mean an awful lot. Venus is never more than 48 degrees away from the Sun (in either direction), so with Sun in Taurus your Venus will be in Taurus, or Gemini or Aries. With an Aries Sun his Venus will be in Aries, or Taurus or Pisces. So a lot of people with your two Sun signs will share your Venus connection. What we need is something more specific to the two of you.

That's where the houses come in. Before I get to that let me just say a word about the two planets. Venus from the very early texts in Astrology has been associated with relationships, love, caring and having fun. He is more likely to openly express this than you are, because his Venus is in Taurus and in the sign of its rulership, whereas you're Venus is in Aries, the sign of its detriment or exile (Aries is the opposite sign to Venus' other rulership of Libra). I don't mean by that that you can't express it but that it work quite as well, you may be a little more impulsive or rash in terms of relationships. Incidentally relationships here are not simply gf/bf but will include relationships in general, such as between friends, between parents and children, between co-workers, etc.

The Sun is your mind and soul (originally 'soul' was not the abstract term that we think of it today, but a more physical concept for which we might now use the term 'heart' or hearty') He has his Sun in the sign of it's exaltation. So for him the placements of Sun and Venus happen to be very strong by sign. Your placements are less so.

But placement by Sign is only part of the story. Indeed it is not the most important part of the story at all. More important are the placement by house both natally and in synastry. For that I need to know where your two Ascendants lie. Moreover I need to know where your Moons and Jupiters lie. Those will give an indication of the 'good' things. Mars and Saturn will give some indication of the difficulty things. For everyone somethings are easy or seen as good, other things are difficult or seen as bad and the interaction between good/bad, or easy/difficult will give an indication of how we cope with life (there is clearly more to it than this but essentially the shorthand here is a good one liner LOL)

If one of you has Venus in the other's fifth house or seventh house that would be a good sign for possible romantic relationships and marriage but it's only one sign not a complete answer. Modern synastry has developed the 'composite chart' based on the two individual natal charts, but even here the place to start is with the natal charts themselves. The classic seven planets will give you a good picture of how two people relate. The outers tend to be of less importance in romantic relationships because they are usually shared by sign but might be considered if they form close aspects to the classic seven.

So to investigate it more closely you will need to disclose your natal details of time, date and place. Preferably this should be for the two of you but a picture of you on your own will at least give you some clues about possible lifetime partners.

CaliforniaTarot

That's fine. I don't think we have a general synastry thread but quite a few specific ones, so as your question is specific, it really could do with a thread of it's own.

On it's own, it doesn't mean an awful lot. Venus is never more than 48 degrees away from the Sun (in either direction), so with Sun in Taurus your Venus will be in Taurus, or Gemini or Aries. With an Aries Sun his Venus will be in Aries, or Taurus or Pisces. So a lot of people with your two Sun signs will share your Venus connection. What we need is something more specific to the two of you.

That's where the houses come in. Before I get to that let me just say a word about the two planets. Venus from the very early texts in Astrology has been associated with relationships, love, caring and having fun. He is more likely to openly express this than you are, because his Venus is in Taurus and in the sign of its rulership, whereas you're Venus is in Aries, the sign of its detriment or exile (Aries is the opposite sign to Venus' other rulership of Libra). I don't mean by that that you can't express it but that it work quite as well, you may be a little more impulsive or rash in terms of relationships. Incidentally relationships here are not simply gf/bf but will include relationships in general, such as between friends, between parents and children, between co-workers, etc.

The Sun is your mind and soul (originally 'soul' was not the abstract term that we think of it today, but a more physical concept for which we might now use the term 'heart' or hearty') He has his Sun in the sign of it's exaltation. So for him the placements of Sun and Venus happen to be very strong by sign. Your placements are less so.

But placement by Sign is only part of the story. Indeed it is not the most important part of the story at all. More important are the placement by house both natally and in synastry. For that I need to know where your two Ascendants lie. Moreover I need to know where your Moons and Jupiters lie. Those will give an indication of the 'good' things. Mars and Saturn will give some indication of the difficulty things. For everyone somethings are easy or seen as good, other things are difficult or seen as bad and the interaction between good/bad, or easy/difficult will give an indication of how we cope with life (there is clearly more to it than this but essentially the shorthand here is a good one liner LOL)

If one of you has Venus in the other's fifth house or seventh house that would be a good sign for possible romantic relationships and marriage but it's only one sign not a complete answer. Modern synastry has developed the 'composite chart' based on the two individual natal charts, but even here the place to start is with the natal charts themselves. The classic seven planets will give you a good picture of how two people relate. The outers tend to be of less importance in romantic relationships because they are usually shared by sign but might be considered if they form close aspects to the classic seven.

So to investigate it more closely you will need to disclose your natal details of time, date and place. Preferably this should be for the two of you but a picture of you on your own will at least give you some clues about possible lifetime partners.

His Venus is in the 10th house and mine is in the 11th. I have done thw whole composite, synastry adn even transits for composite and synastry charts, but I thought maybe the Venus-Sun thing meant something. I'll investigate further.

Ronia

Hi California Tarot, I do quite a few synastries because I'm often asked to by friends. As Minderwiz said, houses where the other person's planets fall in your chart are important. They basically show how the energy of this planet of his will influence your house. Say, his Venus falls in your 11th, his affection will make you more open, more sociable, kind of. Are these conjunctions? The Venus/Sun? If they are not, I wouldn't pay much more attention than what I already wrote. When a Sun conjuncts Venus it usuall means this Sun brings out the best of this Venus and this Venus loves this Sun as it is, a bit of "love you just the way you are" energy. If they are conjunctions then they are important, IMO. When I do a synastry I first look at the whole picture: where do the planets fall in the other person's houses, then if there are any planets hitting an angle in the other person's chart (I've found these to be very important), and from there I look at aspects with more emphasis on conjunctions, oppositions and squares. :) A double whammy itself can not make a synastry work. In fact, even the best synastries show only energy which may or may not bring a relationship, IMO. I don't use composites anymore, to me they are just artificial work of people and I stopped using them a while ago. :)

CaliforniaTarot

Hi California Tarot, I do quite a few synastries because I'm often asked to by friends. As Minderwiz said, houses where the other person's planets fall in your chart are important. They basically show how the energy of this planet of his will influence your house. Say, his Venus falls in your 11th, his affection will make you more open, more sociable, kind of. Are these conjunctions? The Venus/Sun? If they are not, I wouldn't pay much more attention than what I already wrote. When a Sun conjuncts Venus it usuall means this Sun brings out the best of this Venus and this Venus loves this Sun as it is, a bit of "love you just the way you are" energy. If they are conjunctions then they are important, IMO. When I do a synastry I first look at the whole picture: where do the planets fall in the other person's houses, then if there are any planets hitting an angle in the other person's chart (I've found these to be very important), and from there I look at aspects with more emphasis on conjunctions, oppositions and squares. :) A double whammy itself can not make a synastry work. In fact, even the best synastries show only energy which may or may not bring a relationship, IMO. I don't use composites anymore, to me they are just artificial work of people and I stopped using them a while ago. :)
Do you think I could possibly send you a link to our composite chart instead of synastry? I would greatly appreciate a dignified astrologer's interpretation :)!

Ronia

I am not a dignified astrologer, by any means. :) And as I said, I really dislike composites and don't look at them at all. But if you want to upload your synastry somewhere,I am sure some of us will chip in.

Minderwiz

I am not a dignified astrologer, by any means. :) And as I said, I really dislike composites and don't look at them at all. But if you want to upload your synastry somewhere,I am sure some of us will chip in.

Like Ronia, I don't use composites. I've tried them but to be honest I'm not sure they genuinely show anything real....there's no corresponding event. A chart cast for the first date or for the engagement or marriage is likely to be more reliable because it corresponds to an event.

Even the advocatesbof composites argue that they can't be viewed in isolation from the two natal charts, so simply posting a composite will be of no value in making any judgements.