Horary reading for feelings

kittymumu

Hi everyone, I am very new to horary astrology and would like to learn how to read a chart properly. I cast a chart to see how this guy feels about me. The first thing I noticed is that ruler of the 1st house, Venus square ruler of the 7th house, Mars. I believe a square aspect denotes conflicted and negative feelings...then I found that the moon, my co sig also square 7th ruler which seems to back up my first finding. Both of the rulers are in fixed signs so it doesn't seem there will be actions taking to change those negative feelings anytime soon.

The other thing I noticed is that both moon and Venus (me) are in his 5th house, does that mean that he only sees me as a friend or someone to flirt with? The chart definitely looks very depressing at this point....I wonder if anyone sees anything positive here? I am asking because our interaction is actually very friendly. He is older and always offers help and guidance to me whenever I need them. I could understand if chart tells me that there is no romantic feelings, but all these square aspects that represent repulsiveness puzzle me. Could some please shed some lights? I appreciate your inputs!

Here's the chart: http://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astr...rk&COUNTRY=USA&STATE=NY&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

Minderwiz

Hi everyone, I am very new to horary astrology and would like to learn how to read a chart properly. I cast a chart to see how this guy feels about me. The first thing I noticed is that ruler of the 1st house, Venus square ruler of the 7th house, Mars. I believe a square aspect denotes conflicted and negative feelings...then I found that the moon, my co sig also square 7th ruler which seems to back up my first finding. Both of the rulers are in fixed signs so it doesn't seem there will be actions taking to change those negative feelings anytime soon.

The other thing I noticed is that both moon and Venus (me) are in his 5th house, does that mean that he only sees me as a friend or someone to flirt with? The chart definitely looks very depressing at this point....I wonder if anyone sees anything positive here? I am asking because our interaction is actually very friendly. He is older and always offers help and guidance to me whenever I need them. I could understand if chart tells me that there is no romantic feelings, but all these square aspects that represent repulsiveness puzzle me. Could some please shed some lights? I appreciate your inputs!

Here's the chart: http://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astr...rk&COUNTRY=USA&STATE=NY&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

Hi,

Sorry the chart link doesn't work - I get an error message. It's probably best to post the time date and place on which you cast the chart. Then I can construct my own version. From your description I'm working on the basis that Libra is rising and Venus is in Leo and in the eleventh house. If Venus squares Mars, then Mars is either in Taurus, or Scorpio. If Mars is in Taurus then he is in a sign ruled by Venus and you can start interpreting that to mean that he has feelings for you and likes you (though not necessarily in a romantic way, yet).

If Mars is in Scorpio (his own sign) then his focus is more on himself rather than you.

Squares don't have to be interpreted as conflicts or negative feelings, they are more likely to indicated difficulties and obstacles. So he might like you (Mars in Taurus) but there are will be difficulties in establishing a relationship (which may or may not be overcome).

The other thing to check is whether the squares are applying or separating. Separation indicates things in the past, application represents things in the future.

Again from your description, the Moon is either in Leo with Venus or in Aquarius, if its in Aquarius it is probably in the fifth and thus signifies your interest in romance.

The problem is that I don't know the other placements, so that's as far as I can go. Those other placements might well change the reading substantially. So please post those chart details for more help.

kittymumu

Hi Minderwiz! Thanks for your input! I am sorry the link doesn't work. The birth time of the question is Aug 24, 9:32am, New York city. So Mars is in Scorpio his own sign and that means he is more into himself right now.

My ruler Venus is in his 5th house and my co sig, moon rules his 4th house of Cancer. Since 4th house rules home, domestic life, does that mean that he feels a sense of security and closeness with me?

I am also not sure whether to choose Sun or Saturn as his co sig. He is older and more mature than me and a figure of authority. Which planet do you would be more appropriate as his co sig?

Thanks again for your insight!

Minderwiz

I forgot to get back to you on this one. Yes, Mars in Scorpio shows that his main priority is himself. However, this is a day chart, so Venus rules the Water Triplicity and that puts 'You' on his priority list.

The trouble is that Mars is only six minutes of arc from a partile conjunction with Saturn and Mars will reach that conjunction before Venus can perfect the square from Leo. The 'difficulty' is that something or someone will come along to stop the relationship from getting very far. That would be for the duration of the question.

The Moon has already squared Mars and is now in a separating aspect, so there's no help there.

So you can take one piece of good news from the question, he does like you. Circumstances are likely to intervene to make a relationship difficult (these may relate to him, rather than you). However, things may change in the longer term. So when the time period of your question has passed, try again.

LaRazia

Hi Minderwiz! Thanks for your input! I am sorry the link doesn't work. The birth time of the question is Aug 24, 9:32am, New York city. So Mars is in Scorpio his own sign and that means he is more into himself right now.

My ruler Venus is in his 5th house and my co sig, moon rules his 4th house of Cancer. Since 4th house rules home, domestic life, does that mean that he feels a sense of security and closeness with me?

I am also not sure whether to choose Sun or Saturn as his co sig. He is older and more mature than me and a figure of authority. Which planet do you would be more appropriate as his co sig?

Thanks again for your insight!

Hi Kitty, I was a Professional horary reader so I will give my input on your chart in a few hours okay? :)

kittymumu

Thanks so much for the further clarification Minderwiz. It definitely help me to better understand the chart here.

And thanks in advance LaRazia. I'd really appreciate any input you might have :)

kittymumu

Hi Minderwiz, I'd like to give some updates regarding the chart. You were totally correct about that partial conjunct between Mars and Saturn preventing Venus perfecting the square to Mars. He just told me that he has been dealing with some financial issues with his ex wife and is very stressed over it. Since both Mars and Saturn are in his 8th house of shared property, would it make sense to conclude that Saturn here represents his ex wife?

It also looks like both Mars and Saturn will be in Scorpio for awhile after that partial conjunct. Could it mean that they will not separate completely in the near future because of those financial issues?

The other thing I am really curious about but not able to figure out would be if they still love each other and how would that impact his relationship with me...Would you be able to shed some insights?

Many thanks in advance!

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwiz, I'd like to give some updates regarding the chart. You were totally correct about that partial conjunct between Mars and Saturn preventing Venus perfecting the square to Mars. He just told me that he has been dealing with some financial issues with his ex wife and is very stressed over it. Since both Mars and Saturn are in his 8th house of shared property, would it make sense to conclude that Saturn here represents his ex wife?

Only by stretching matters beyond where they should be stretched. You might argue that Libra (opposite to Aries) is the sign of his wife. But as you have already been allocated it's ruler Venus, then his wife would have to take the next planet in order of dignities, and that is Saturn which is exalted in Libra. So by that reasoning you could come down to the second of the radical chart being her money. There are two problems with this. The question does not mention his wife (current or ex), only you and him. Also the second house is in Scorpio and thus it's ruler is Mars (him). It's much easier just to say that as the conjunction occurs in the second house and Mars rules the second, that financial problems involving him are going to figure in the failure of the matter to be perfected.

kittymumu said:
It also looks like both Mars and Saturn will be in Scorpio for awhile after that partial conjunct. Could it mean that they will not separate completely in the near future because of those financial issues?

The length of the 'prohibition' depends really on the question asked, or rather it's time scale. If you left the question open ended, then in theory you are stuck with this answer for ever. That's one of the reason I don't really allow open ended questions in such matters, unless the querent insists.

So if you asked a question along the lines of will you two get together in the next 12 months, then the answer to that is 'No' and you have to ask again at a later date (after the twelve months). Obviously a shorter period of time would be more attractive, such as three months.
There comes a balance point. Firstly if you ask whether you and he are going to get together in the next week, from cold, then it's very unlikely that you will unless the chart shows very strong evidene that that will happen. Also repeatedly asking the same question can become self defeating, or at least so some readers claim. After a point the universe gets fed up with you asking and answers become random. Now I've not tested that out but it wouldn't surprise me.

kittymumu said:
The other thing I am really curious about but not able to figure out would be if they still love each other and how would that impact his relationship with me...Would you be able to shed some insights?

Many thanks in advance!

You're now moving into a different question. Horary charts are not meant to cover all possible variants or contingent matters as a sort of stacked series of questions. So the way forward is to ask a new question - 'Do they still love each other?' If you get a 'yes' answer then you might try a third question about the effect of that on you but to be honest, if you are at the point where the first horary suggests you won't get together (in the time period allocated) and the second horary shows that he still loves his wife, then the implications for you are quite clear.

If on the other hand the horary does not suggest he still loves her, then you know that that is not a factor in the delay and you ask your question again at a later date.

kittymumu

This is great, thanks so much Minderwiz!

I asked the first question without a specific time frame, so I believe I can only ask again when situation is changed drastically. I did cast a chart to find out if he still loves his ex.

And here's the chart, (11:32am, September 3rd, 2014, New York, NY)

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg....gif&res=63&va=&cid=6acfileWUNlRx-u1409249363

With this chart I took 5th house (Pisces) as him and the 7th house away from the 5th (Virgo) as his ex wife. Interestingly her ruler, mercury, came up in his 8th house again while his ruler, Neptune, sits in his own sign. I can't really tell from the chart whether he still loves her or not. But it just made me feel that they will not part ways completely soon due to those financial issues.

The only concern I have here is that, moon is at 26 degrees in sag, so that might make the chart invalid due to the strictures. Oh well horary is so fascinating, but I definitely still have a lot to learn.