Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Community > New Members

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

aquamarinekat 
Resident

Introduction

For when I don't have others to talk to, I look for resources like this one. I am a tad cynical, so don't mind me if I go into a sarcastic tangent.
Unfortunately my story is probably similar to many - raised in a Christian home, didn't feel right in Church, and can't handle their negativity - all physically, emotionally, and spiritually draining. Looking to revive some of that positive energy that was metaphorically knocked out of me in the last 2-3 years. Trying to move past that, but resentment is a hard beast to slay.
I was introduced to Tarot by my fiancee and our good friends - it's fascinating and the cards can be quite sassy. They literately told me to stop moping and just DO something, so that's what I'm doing now, haha. I wanted to learn more about Tarot and Oracle decks, so that's kind of mostly why I'm here.

Hello to all! Nice to meet you!
aquamarinekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago     Top   #1
CrystalSeas 
Citizen

Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot, aquamarinekat

You'll find a fair number of fellow forum members here who come from similar situations. Any time you're feeling stressed by those outside influences, come indulge yourself in the warm feelings and support here at Aectectic.

Old 1 Week Ago     Top   #2
celticnoodle 
Citizen

Hello and welcome, Aquamarinekat. Yes, your story is very similar to many--me included. However, my Christian home was also slightly different as mom was also a reader.

Glad you joined in here and I think you'll find it very interesting here 24/7--which is also good. Always someone on here and always something fun to take part in. As for learning more about tarot and oracle decks--there is always a discussion on them. Be sure to check out the Tarot Cards & Reviews too--you can see it in the upper left corner. And, then the Tarot Deck forum here: http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15 too should be of interest to you as well as the Oracle Deck forum here: http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Those will keep you busy for awhile in themselves, I should think!
celticnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago     Top   #3
aquamarinekat 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSeas View Post
Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot, aquamarinekat

You'll find a fair number of fellow forum members here who come from similar situations. Any time you're feeling stressed by those outside influences, come indulge yourself in the warm feelings and support here at Aectectic.
I suspected as much, just talking to other people at Pagan Picnic's and other online forums. I find more open discussion and positive energy in these settings than I ever had anywhere else, which lead me to discover much more than this current life. I am pursuing alternative wisdom that is shut down by members of my family by default, so I cannot express any 'knowledge' outside what they consider 'truth'. I don't think I'll run into too much trouble here
Old 1 Week Ago     Top   #4
aquamarinekat 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
Hello and welcome, Aquamarinekat. Yes, your story is very similar to many--me included. However, my Christian home was also slightly different as mom was also a reader.

Glad you joined in here and I think you'll find it very interesting here 24/7--which is also good. Always someone on here and always something fun to take part in. As for learning more about tarot and oracle decks--there is always a discussion on them. Be sure to check out the Tarot Cards & Reviews too--you can see it in the upper left corner. And, then the Tarot Deck forum here: http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15 too should be of interest to you as well as the Oracle Deck forum here: http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Those will keep you busy for awhile in themselves, I should think!
Thanks! I have found a few already as well as an Oracle Deck to get started on that.

I have met very many open minded Christians, so that's why I'm stressing to myself whenever it comes up that not all of them are . . . methodical? Black and White? I'm not sure. Either way it's been a spiritual oppressive place, considering my default has always been love of fantasy and lore. Tracing its roots and finding out that there are some aspects of a fantasy land that I thought was all pretend? I've always been drifting this direction, I'm just glad I found the right people to give me a push. I am happy here. This just feels right to me; it always kind of has.
Old 1 Week Ago     Top   #5
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today