Playing cards for readings?

balenciaga

Bernice said:
Yes you can get them. I think you're referring the the Blue Owl and Red Owl decks - there's a White Owl one now. Go to esoterikshopping to see the pics and what's available to buy. Then go to Amazon.de to see if they have any, easier to buy from.

Bee

Thanks for the info!

Metafizzypop

I've just recently been getting into doing readings with playing cards. I've been into tarot for years, but playing cards never much had my interest until recently. But I've got a question for those of you who are more experienced at this than myself. Has anyone tried to do readings with novelty playing cards?

Looking around the web, I've found a few sites that sell playing cards, and a number of them are unusual, or highly illustrated, etc. There's some really beautiful things out there, as well as some pretty wacky things, too. Would they work for readings? Or do the playing cards used for readings have to be traditional?

There's come really interesting, and crazy, things on this site:

www.thehouseofcards.com/unusual_cards.html

And there's some nice things here worth looking at:

www.tridentcards.com/Collectible+Playing+Cards/

Would these cards work for divination? It does seem a little weird, I admit, to use a deck of cards shaped like Coca-Cola bottles. Or with cards that have pictures of Jimi Hendrix on them. Would they work?

Opinions?