Why Lenormands?

greatdane

Enjoyed your post, Tarotmama

That makes a lot of sense re Lenormand vs. tarot.

There are some tarot decks that read very easily for me, in fact I tend to choose decks without a lot going on in them, so perhaps that is also why I am drawn to Lenormands.

greatdane

The german vs the french?

greatdane

Thinking about lenormands today...

so thought I would see if anyone has been working with one lately and which one or ones and why? I'm still very curious about lenormands and why people choose them over tarot.

Cerulean

I like pretty and antiqued, period cards and pictures

And it is easier for me to work through French, Italian and Spanish reproductions, history and art. So I prefer nineteenth century French Lenormands for gently nostalgic looks.

I found some faded cards with simple poetry that I posted...have a few more to finish. The vignettes that work for me capture a mood and emotional phase...but also a more mundane interpretation is possible ...say the Lenormand serpent to me means one needs to watch your step. If the card of the serpent may be near the card of the child and road/crossroad, I may be a little more pratical--mindful of people with children in high traffic areas, as to me it is watchfulness and checking for possibilities in different daily aspecrs.

But this is just a preference, and one choice amomg many users here.
I was curious why some prefer Lenormands at times over other oracle decks or tarot. What does a Lenormand do for you other decks don't?

I'm new to Lenormands, read about them, and I get the STYLE, just asking what it is about a Lenormand that will sometimes make you reach for it OVER any other deck.

There are some GREAT-looking ones out there, and just to name a FEW, the more classic Lenormands, the Pixie, the Mystical, oh, and that lovely Magical Lenormand that Le Fanu shared. So, all you AT Lenormand fans, what is it about a Lenormand that does it for you?

Thanks for your thoughts.

GD

greatdane

Thank you Cerulean!

Richard

The directness and objectivity of the Lenormand is really refreshing after using Tarot for 40+ years. I basically have adopted the meanings given in Serena Powers' web site, with a few additions and modifications gleaned from the Mystical Lenormand as well as my own impressions. Of the five decks that I own, my favorite is definitely the Königsfurt-Urania Blue Owl (with the playing card inserts), for the exquisite artwork, printing, card stock, and size (56 x 87 mm).

greatdane

Interesting LRichard

Chiska

I'm a newcomer to Lenormand and so far I really like the whole idea. I find them similar to what Marina described. They cut to the chase, so to speak. Sure, one could look for a deeper meaning, but to just get an idea of real world events, they are remarkably straight forward.

For the first month of having a deck of cards - I did daily draws. I was astounded at how accurate these readings were - I don't use tarot to tell me about the future, but these cards seem to be bursting with news about what might happen.

I did a short reading on how our financial situation would go over a three month period. So far, it is one of the most accurate predictive readings I have ever experienced.

I have a plain old Blue Owl w/ German LWB, a 1926 Carreras Deck (the fat ones), and now a Pixie's Astounding Lenormand.

greatdane

Oh thanks for the link Chiska!

Lovely looking deck. Wasn't familiar with that one.