Lenormand Obsession #3- Noir

Chronata

So there's this....

Le Petit Lenormand Noir.

I made this because a handful of people really wanted to see me do one, and I liked the idea of a medieval black and white fortune telling deck.

I have waited a while to unveil it, because there are so many people doing extraordinary work in the Lenormand tradition, and I really don't know if anyone needs another lenormand.

But then, there are those who wanted this...so it might be just a very small print run of 10 (unless there is more interest)

So, these originally were designed to have playing card inserts...but after much trial and error, I think I am going to have to drop that idea completely.
Nothing looked right...traditional hearts/spades etc looked wonky in only black and white...and I wanted to have a Marseilles type swords/cups etc...butt he Tarot Noir's black on black didn't work, and the redrawing on white was too small...and it just became too much of an issue.

These don't have titles or numbers yet.

I am considering just numbering them (in roman numerals) on the top of each card, and not bothering with titles at all (though if I did they would be in French.)

More pics coming soon...here's a preveiw.

(and actually this should be leormand obsession #4...because of the Whimsy...but that's for another thread...another time)

Attachments

• lenormand noir preview 001.jpg
    lenormand noir preview 001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 303
  • lenormand noir preview 002.jpg
    lenormand noir preview 002.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 238
  • lenormand noir preview 003.jpg
    lenormand noir preview 003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 218

tarot heart

Yes, YES, YES oh Yes, I want these and have wanted them since forever! Please put me down right now for two!!! Boy, were we on the same wavelength today or what??????

:D

Chronata

Yes, YES, YES oh Yes, I want these and have wanted them since forever! Please put me down right now for two!!! Boy, were we on the same wavelength today or what??????

:D

Now I KNOW you are psychic, Tarot heart! :D

You are one of the 5 that I am making this for!

tarot heart

You know, they look GREAT just the way they are without titles or inserts...however, I do have one suggestion - pm on its way. :)

rwcarter

I doubt I'm one of the five, but I'd buy at least one and prob 2! :D

rylla

Absolutely AWESOME! Can I be on the list as well, please? I would like a copy.

MoonGypsy

So there's this....

Le Petit Lenormand Noir.

I made this because a handful of people really wanted to see me do one, and I liked the idea of a medieval black and white fortune telling deck.

I have waited a while to unveil it, because there are so many people doing extraordinary work in the Lenormand tradition, and I really don't know if anyone needs another lenormand.

But then, there are those who wanted this...so it might be just a very small print run of 10 (unless there is more interest)

So, these originally were designed to have playing card inserts...but after much trial and error, I think I am going to have to drop that idea completely.
Nothing looked right...traditional hearts/spades etc looked wonky in only black and white...and I wanted to have a Marseilles type swords/cups etc...butt he Tarot Noir's black on black didn't work, and the redrawing on white was too small...and it just became too much of an issue.

These don't have titles or numbers yet.

I am considering just numbering them (in roman numerals) on the top of each card, and not bothering with titles at all (though if I did they would be in French.)

More pics coming soon...here's a preveiw.

(and actually this should be leormand obsession #4...because of the Whimsy...but that's for another thread...another time)

i think i am already on the list, yes, Robyn? :love: i have been waiting with bated breath to see the first pics! They are so lovely!!!! [i knew they would be!]You know how badly i wanted to see you do a Lenormand in your black and white Noir style! :D This is what i was so hoping and longing for! Thank You! :*

i am absolutely drooling...

Hugs,
MG xox

Chronata

Thank you guys!
I really need a scanner again...these photos are Ok, but don't really show the contrast as well as I would like.

Well, there is more interest than I realized, so I may do an edition of 50 after all.

They will be with the same printer as the Minute lenormand...so that sweet sweet card stock.

I am trying to get more pics of other cards, but the camera is suddenly giving me fits!

More soon!

Bluefeet

This is fantastic! :love: I love your Tarot Noir and I can't wait for this one.

avalonian

There will always be a need for another Lenormand when it looks like that. Absolutely enchanting, I suspect you will need more than ten!

Can you put me on the list for one please, as I would be devastated to miss this?

:) :) :)