Goth Day -deck of choice

velvetina

Well, it's World Goth Day today, so what deck shall be used?

which is the most bat-riddled, patchouli-scented, pointy-toothed deck in your possession?

which is wrapped in tatters of black lace & velvet? which of them seem to contain illustrations to Baudelaire's poetry, Edgar Allan Poe's tales or Nine Inch Nail lyrics?

After a moment of deliberation (because I love the Bohemian Gothic ) I'm choosing the Dark Angels, which is all after-midnight clubs, clove cigarettes and smudged eyeliner, ripped fishnet & huge hair....I suddenly feel so old and nostalgic (*wipes a tear*)

JenWt43

...I suddenly feel so old and nostalgic (*wipes a tear*)

So do I! Although, we didn't even call it Goth back in my day, I'm so old...

I will be quite predictable, and stick with my Bohemian Gothic, supplemented by the Gothic Tarot by Vargo. I'm still reading the separate Vargo companion book, I received it about a week ago and read a few cards each day. (I had resisted getting the book when I purchased the deck, but eventually gave in.)

morganesky

Gothic Tarot by Joseph Vargo was my favourite, only because I don't have Bohemian Gothic, but then, it was love at first sight for my daughter, so she owns it now. It's a great deck!

tarotbear

World Goth Day? not 'Goth Night' :confused:

Le Fanu

World Goth Day? not 'Goth Night' :confused:
Quite.

Well of course it depends...

If I wanted to wallow in that "worst" side of Goth. You know the sort people laugh at? The sort of stuff that gets Goth a bad name? I'd go for the Favole; cheap lace, black (probably chipped) nail varnish. The trashy side of Goth. Goth on a shoestring.

If I wanted the platform boots teen side of Goth, the *bedroom door slammed shut god I hate my parents* school I'd go for the Dark Angels.

However, if I wanted to go for real goth, I'd go for (not tarot I know) Fallen Angels Oracle or - of course - The Bohemian Gothic (Silver, of course). Or the Dark Grimoire for Goths with a literary flair...

Morwenna

The only one I own that fills the bill is the Vargo Gothic. (Not that I wouldn't mind having more... :))

Celtictarot

My most goth tarot deck is the Mystic Meg Tarot!