Change of Season Decks

greatdane

Professional Readers...do you change decks?

For those of you who read a lot professionally, do you find you like to change decks for querents around Fall or especially around Samhain/Halloween? Or is it just kind of whatever deck you feel like using at the moment? I was wondering about those of you who read right around Halloween, if you use more of a themed, or seasonal, feeling deck.

December_Empress

There are decks that seem to go more into winter and would work for fall when there is a chill in the air, but for that time that is late summer going into fall....I think of kind of an orange glow...the colors of leaves changing....trying to think of other decks like that.

This made me think of Sweet Twilight, which also has sort of a Halloween theme.

greatdane

Whoo hoo!

Ordered the Samhain Deck of the Bastard. NOW THIS is a Fall/Samhain deck. Not saying there aren't others that are great too, but this one is definitely unique for me. Can't WAIT to get it, love the images and the vibe of it.

Calcifer

The Deck of the Bastard (regular, personalized) is already on my Samhain rotation; but the Tyldwick will part of the program too now I've received it. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to pull of getting the Samhain DOB too !!

I've already got time off scheduled for Samhain and the thought of sitting by a campfire, deep in the woods, late at night is just making me twitch with anticipation :)

Michael

Hemera

There are all the four season in Faerie Tarot by Natalie Hertz. Swords is winter, Cups is spring, Wands is autumn and Pentacles is summer (if I remember correctly). I think the snowy and wintery scenes in Swords are particularly nice.
It´s a very nice and whimsical deck and works throughout the year :D
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/faerie/

greatdane

Hemera and Calcifer

I can picture that, Calcifer! I am getting the Samhain deck as well and will read with it in my Victorian attic loft, yes, I am the Crone in the attic lol.
Hemera, that is really interesting. A deck that has all the seasons. I don't know if it would make it easier or harder for me! I mean to all have the seasons represented sounds very cool, but then when a season comes around, I kind of want one that represents that one season. I will go take a peek at it though, because it sounds interesting!