Rachel Pollack- which book should I buy?

Richard

I have Pollack's 78 Degrees. It's better than most other tarot books and certainly worth reading, but I don't think any single book is the ultimate authority. The ultimate authority is YOU!

3ill.yazi

I just had an opportunity to check out Tarot Wisdom as well as the smaller book, the hand guide whose name escapes me, and Wisdom is BIG. It cites Huson's book liberally, a plus for me. It really looks like something to get if you are only getting one or two books on Tarot. That said, it's pretty hefty and I see it more as a teaching tool and not a quick look me up. The small book seems okay, but it features card meanings in centered text, which I have an admitted bias against. Flush center just looks floofy to me.

light2000

The 78 Degrees of Wisdom is a must have. Now and then i always take a look at it and got something i never saw before.

drwitz

The 78 Degrees of Wisdom is a must have. Now and then i always take a look at it and got something i never saw before.

I completely agree. I'm working on designing a deck now, and of all of the great source material out there, 78 Degrees is the most helpful (and thought-provoking).

Nina*

But by far my favorite of her books is 'The Forest of Souls'.

Someone upthread said that Ms Pollack is more like a philosopher on tarot, which I agree with; and this book is her philosophical masterpiece, I think.
It is not about card meanings, but instead treats tarot like a spiritual tool, a way to ask and anwer questions about... Life,the Universe and Everything, really. :D

It is very interesting and thought-provoking and it's one of the few (tarot) books which I have re-read once or twice over the years, and I will probably re-read it again in the near future.

I couldn't agree more. Not only is this my favorite Pollack tarot book, it's my favorite tarot book among them all.

Really really good!