I need a basic book

Brighid

A friend just bought the Tarot of the Sacred Feminine. I know there is no dedicated book for it. can someone suggest a basic book that would be helpful to a newcomer for this book?
Thanks

rwcarter

Lo Scarabeo decks don't closely ascribe to any system. Most basic books refer to Rider Waite imagery and interpretations, which often doesn't conform to the imagery in LoS decks. I've learned to take LoS decks at face value, using the imagery to guide my interpretations as even the LWBs don't often correlate well with what I see in the cards. I have that deck and from what I remember it's not all that RWS-based in its imagery.

Brighid

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think it was RWS based either. She does not know that much about mythology tho, so it is hard for her to relate to it. I gave her a simple book to go with the lwb, but still have to explain the story behind the image.

rwcarter

A book on Goddesses and Gods/mythology would do her better. Even wikipedia might be useful to get a sense of backstory to the goddess associations.

Nemia

Maybe for a feminist angle Susan Rennie's Feminist tarot? It's a good book with interesting card interpretations.

Brighid

Thank you, Nemia. I have just ordered a copy. It looks like something I would read also.

Nemia

It was recommended by Marcus Katz in one of his video clips, and I bought it - found it refreshing and interesting. I'm glad you like it, too.