OMG! Key To The Kingdom reprint!!

6 Haunted Days

Ruby Red Slippers said:
Thanks for sharing the info – another deck in my Wish List que….

Know this is not a transformational deck but – wanted to share this deck in case others have an interest, like mine to collect interesting art work on cards.

This is a lovely deck to be read, played with or just looked at….

http://www.nomonet.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=C4S-R

RRS

I just ordered this! Was quite taken with it when I saw those scans, how gorgeous!! They use the same season/suit affiliation I do, how perfect! I'm pretty sure this is going to be a reading deck for me.

So thanks for sharing!

Aerin

I just got a copy of the 1992 edition second hand, VGC, from amazon. There are quite a few available and you can get them pretty cheap, certaily in the UK.

The cards are indeed stunning. I am so pleased I bought them.

Aerin

6 Haunted Days

karen0205 said:
There's a Teddy Bear Pack transformational deck on e-bay.
Here's the number:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230225530601&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=013

Is that the one that you were talking about by Peter Woods?
How much do any of you use these type of decks. I just found out about them
reading this thread on the Kindgom deck.

Do you really use it for readings?

karen

A true "tranformational" playing card deck has the symbols (such as say 5 spades etc. ) "transformed" and somehow incorporated into the artwork in some way. The Teddy Bear deck there isn't a true transformational deck. It's just a PC deck with different pictures of a theme on them.

Besides Tarot I love reading with playing cards....and I really love doing readings with the Colours of the 4 Seasons deck which I mentioned above and the Goethe Transformational deck (a reprint of a deck that was published around 1830 I think).

Especially the 4 Seasons deck the images, colours and symbols really add to my PC readings! It's an amazingly evocative deck.

Aerin

6 Haunted Days said:
A true "tranformational" playing card deck has the symbols (such as say 5 spades etc. ) "transformed" and somehow incorporated into the artwork in some way. The Teddy Bear deck there isn't a true transformational deck. It's just a PC deck with different pictures of a theme on them.

According to R Somerville the deck is 'semi transformational' i.e. some images are transformational, some not. Peter Wood seems to do quite a few of these type of decks.

The original artwork from the Teddy Bear deck is on ebay at the moment. I looked

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORIGINAL-TRAN...oryZ1438QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Prints from the KttK deck are available signed by the artist... £120 each. I looked. And ran off again!

Aerin

ps DON'T buy that deck on ebay for that amount... you can get it MUCH cheaper from R Somerville, and I think the artist has a few still for c. $12/ £6 including postage....

karen0205

I checked with the artist and he's sold out. He said I probably won't find it anywhere since it's been out of print for 10 years. R. Somerville doesn't have any either. I checked already. I would love it if he would sell the original artwork separately. There are a couple I would love to have.

karen0205

Aerin, I saw that too! I thought great, I can get one from him. But, he told me they were sold out. He must not know that is still on the site. Bummer. The bears are pretty cute.

I will keep looking.

6 Haunted Days

Aerin said:
According to R Somerville the deck is 'semi transformational' i.e. some images are transformational, some not. Peter Wood seems to do quite a few of these type of decks.

The original artwork from the Teddy Bear deck is on ebay at the moment. I looked

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORIGINAL-TRAN...oryZ1438QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Prints from the KttK deck are available signed by the artist... £120 each. I looked. And ran off again!

Aerin

ps DON'T buy that deck on ebay for that amount... you can get it MUCH cheaper from R Somerville, and I think the artist has a few still for c. $12/ £6 including postage....

I see, the images I saw had no transformational images on them at all, must have missed the ones with that.

It's very 80's looking, that's for sure. Not my thing.

karen0205

I wrote to Peter Woods to ask the difference between transformational and semi-transformational. Here's his response:

TRANSFORMATIONAL: This is where the pips appear in their rightful place but are hidden or transformed into the picture. If you look at an ordinary pack of cards and see how the pips are laid out - that shows you what I mean.

SEMI-TRANSFORMATIONAL: This is where the pips are hidden but it can be anywhere!

I think the 'pip's he's talking about are the actual hearts or spades in the body of the card. Not the numbers in the corners? I've not seen many but the few I have seen all had the numbers in the correct spots in the corners. I think this refers to the hearts, etc. that are in the center of the cards.

I would assume that these terms are relatively new? Maybe each artist has a different idea about how they present in their artwork.

I'm just going to go with his descriptions since I am mainly interested in his deck. I do like that Seasons one that 6HD brought to our attention. I really would like to get that too.