Yes/No/Maybe Spread: 13 Cards, 3 Piles

x_shadow_xx

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
There isn't any silly questions on the AT when you are wanting to learn! ;)
I read the top cards as an explanation as to why, be it a yes or no answer.

Now as far as reading the cards underneath the piles, I caught myself doing that as I went along.
This seems to give a more detailed reading. But with any reading, its how you feel, what is coming from you that is important. Your first gut reaction.

I completly forgot about this spread and am enjoying it again! Thanks for posting, x_shadow_xx.

Barbara

Thanks for that :D I think I will use the top cards, and just read thru the 13 if I want to read more in depth about the answer.
Anyone know a good 13 card spread I can use?

tarotbrat

Hi Zombina

How would you interperet if you receive some aces in the spread but they come out reversed? Say 1 ace upright and 1 ace reversed? Or all reversed aces?

Thanks, TB

Barbaras Ahajusts

tarotbrat said:
How would you interperet if you receive some aces in the spread but they come out reversed? Say 1 ace upright and 1 ace reversed? Or all reversed aces?

Thanks, TB

I would take the Ace or Mage RX as a yes. Now, if you read reverses, then when it comes to reading the cards, use the reversed "feel" or card discript as it lies. Example; weaken power of any said reversed card, etc.

Theres always change going on in any reading & life, so use the RX for a deeper reading/meaning of whatever answer you have received.

Curious

Emily Peach provides a 'Yes or No, and If So, When?' - a Reliable 'Timing Spread in her book "The Tarot Workbook."

She says that her spread is designed to give a clear answer as to time in response to a clearly formulated question (Will I? When?) - one that demands (a) a 'yes' or 'no' reply and (b) an indication as to when the subject of the question will take place.

The process of laying out the cards is the same as described above (three piles of cards dealt face up until you have counted off 13 cards or come across an Ace). She does not use the Magician.

I will repeat her sample reading as you may understand it better than I did. In pile 1 the 13th card is not an Ace. In pile 2 there is an Ace but it is reversed. In pile 3 there is an upright Ace. Since there is at least one Dignified Ace in the reading, the answer to the question is Yes.

The positioning of the other two cards - card number 1 and card number 2, reveals that the question is not yet decided (card number 1) which basically means (a) that the Querent has not made up his mind about this situation as yet and (b) that by late Summer (card number 2 - Ace of Cups reversed) the Querent will have made up his mind, but that the situation will not move until early spring (card number 3 - Ace of Wands upright).

At this point, Peach says that you can read card number 1 as the reason that the Querent is hesitant; read all the cards in Pile 2 to figure out why the matter is not moving at that time; and then read all the cards in Pile 3 to probe the events surrounding the situation when eventually it does occur.

If you get ill-Dignified Aces in all three positions, then the question is a definite NO at which point you can read all three piles to ascertain why not.

If you don't get any Aces, you can read all three piles to ascertain why the question is undecided.

This is all Peach says about this spread. I felt that she left a lot unexplained but she does address seasons and reasons.

x_shadow_xx

Does anyone know the significance of 13?
Why 13 cards per pile??

Barbaras Ahajusts

x_shadow_xx said:
Does anyone know the significance of 13?
Why 13 cards per pile??

I think someone else ask that question and don't think anyone had an answer. At least I don't think they did.

I don't know if it has a logical reason. Maybe someone will have that answer for you! ;)

Barbara

Edited to add...
I did a search to see what others may think and found this site.
http://www.tryskelion.com/tryskelion/cabal.htm

Since 13 is considered past or a future card (in their way of reading) then we can look at the 13 as a cut off point for dealing in this spread?

strangebrew

Hello :)

I have asked two questions with this spread and receivd two aces in both of them but no magi...would you read that as a yes or no?

thanks!
:)

Barbaras Ahajusts

"Hummmmmmmmmm, could be!" {Bugs Bunny}

strangebrew said:
Hello :)
I have asked two questions with this spread and receivd two aces in both of them but no magi...would you read that as a yes or no? thanks! :)

Not quite a yes, but almost a yes. I know that sounds goofy, but from what I have found with that spread, its best to read the cards under the NO to see where they want you to look.

I guess you could say it could be a,
"Yes, but know this information, concerning it." {the cards under the NO card}

:DBarbara

kuguinha

good spread :)

question
My first pile had 13 cards and no ace or mage. The second pile had an ace as 2nd card and the third pile had an ace as 3th card. It is a yes?

MoiraKarin

Emily Peach provides a 'Yes or No, and If So, When?' - a Reliable 'Timing Spread in her book "The Tarot Workbook."

She says that her spread is designed to give a clear answer as to time in response to a clearly formulated question (Will I? When?) - one that demands (a) a 'yes' or 'no' reply and (b) an indication as to when the subject of the question will take place.

The process of laying out the cards is the same as described above (three piles of cards dealt face up until you have counted off 13 cards or come across an Ace). She does not use the Magician.

I will repeat her sample reading as you may understand it better than I did. In pile 1 the 13th card is not an Ace. In pile 2 there is an Ace but it is reversed. In pile 3 there is an upright Ace. Since there is at least one Dignified Ace in the reading, the answer to the question is Yes.

The positioning of the other two cards - card number 1 and card number 2, reveals that the question is not yet decided (card number 1) which basically means (a) that the Querent has not made up his mind about this situation as yet and (b) that by late Summer (card number 2 - Ace of Cups reversed) the Querent will have made up his mind, but that the situation will not move until early spring (card number 3 - Ace of Wands upright).

At this point, Peach says that you can read card number 1 as the reason that the Querent is hesitant; read all the cards in Pile 2 to figure out why the matter is not moving at that time; and then read all the cards in Pile 3 to probe the events surrounding the situation when eventually it does occur.

If you get ill-Dignified Aces in all three positions, then the question is a definite NO at which point you can read all three piles to ascertain why not.

If you don't get any Aces, you can read all three piles to ascertain why the question is undecided.

This is all Peach says about this spread. I felt that she left a lot unexplained but she does address seasons and reasons.

ughm, 3 y later...Wow I never even noticed. It turned out for me , this way..

I somehow thought, the emperor was heading me towards march/ april. I sort of figured this out, For I got the Emperor as outcome before in some spreads, though as "emperor" it did not make any sense to the other cards i Drew then

When asking about the chances of a reunion( 1 ace of c, 2 ace of pent 3. marg) I did not know that pile one could tell more about the hesitance. Looking back now I got The tower, the reason why i found at others spreads Pile 2" why not moving" Swords V wow the same answer given from other spreads. pile 3 When. Page w+ emp .. I m totally stunned. It just FITS.

The only problem is that i have to wait till next april ....You can't have it all(lol)