Tarot Lenormand

Madame Squee

Albi said:
<snip/see above>My personal meaning after searching and comparing is a bit sad, because the Artwork is brilliant, the collection-factor is great, ... but to work with it, it's not a Tarot, either a Lenormand, ... just a little intiutive oracle-Mix :-(

Albi

** Excuse my English, I'm trying Best ;-) **
Thank you for the positively brilliant assessment of the Tarot Lenormand, Albi! Way to go! :thumbsup:

Okay, I've had this deck since it was first released, and I'm telling you guys that Albi has hit the nail on the head. In fact, I keep getting it out and giving it a go, hoping that something has changed and maybe I've grown as a reader, but I've finally resigned myself to the fact that this deck is "just a little intiutive oracle-Mix :-(" -- not a Tarot deck, and that's that! :(

I'm keeping it, though, because you never know when you're going to need a "little intuitive oracle-Mix"! (I also save margarine tubs and pickle jars... :p).

:heart:
c.s.

Grizabella

cronesayer said:
I'm keeping it, though, because you never know when you're going to need a "little intuitive oracle-Mix"! (I also save margarine tubs and pickle jars... :p).

:heart:
c.s.

This made me laugh out loud. :p

I save the kind of jars spaghetti sauce comes in that look like quart canning jars and decks because I never know when I might have a use for them, too. LOL

sunflowr

I would've kept this deck and used it as an oracle, but it didnt even look like I could do that, because of such a sparse LWB book. I at LEAST need the scenes described, so that I know what it is I am looking at. I never opened it to look at it myself, so went by word of mouth. I think I would've been too confused.

Too bad they didnt include all the Lenormand cards so that I could've separated them and just used those.

I wanted to like this deck. Something about the artwork really attracted me, but I'm not a collector. I want to be able to read the decks I own.

Bernice

Came across this deck, very cheap. So I read the reviews first = no-no-no!
Then I found the full deck scans........

What a wonderful mixture! The only thing that ties it to 'tarot' are the trump titles and Court Queens. The four suits are pimarily cartomantic, but even they don't depict the suit emblems.

Like all of you, I really like the art-work. So I'm going to get this deck and trim the titles & pip-numbers. Use it as a super-grand Lenormand/Sybilla Oracle, a 78 deck one! Not sure about the Courts yet.... I'll think of something.... :)

Bee

Bernice

Update: Tarot lenormand arrived.

I've identified the lenormand/sybill-type cards.. haven't ditched the Courts yet. Still sorting.....

Bee

Tarotrine

Take a look at my found combinations!

Is this topic and deck already so old? I've two decks!
Yes, I was also a little bit disappointed when I viewed this deck for the first time and began a study
to the history of the pictures... I've found almost for each card his predecessor and stick them together
so as you can see in the following picasa-album:
My Lenormand Tarot / Oracle combinations
There are three missing combinations - who can find them?
Of course there are more decks with the same type of pictures but I've tried to show the decks in witch are
the most look-a-likes.

After a little study I came to the conclusion that there where some pictures standing on the wrong place!
I've read several old oracle card meanings and renamed the cards with ink pencils:

Cups 4 into Pentacles 2:
- Woman with Letter is now P2
- The Willow Tree is now C4

Cups 5 into Wands 9 (also switch the LWB text):
- The Fox is now W9 just like in the real Lenormand
- The Mouses is now C5

Pentacles 7 into Pentacles 8 (also switch the LWB text):
- Man and Woman in a teagarden is now P8
- Scythe is now P7

For this purpose I offered my second deck of the Lenormand Tarot.
Maybe I'll cut the borders with the names from this cards.

The only card which I do not like is the 'One of Staves'....

Sorry for my bad English... :)