Pearls of Wisdom - the borders

Kissa

As soon as i saw them, i knew it was going to be either them or me.

As soon as i grabbed the cards out of the box, i honestly heard myself saying "oho, these ones are gonna go".

So i am trimming my brand new deck of the Pearls of Wisdom :)

I love the cards, the colors are just what i need now. To me this deck belongs to the same family as the Songs for the Journey Home, World Spirit and maybe the Moongarden though I have never seen the deck but on scans. I just love naive artwork.

I had a very special reading by Sulis with the PoW deck and I knew i needed to get it then, since i was already eying on the cards but hesitated because they can only be purchased from the USA and the shipping fees are very high. Well anyway, i got them from Faery's Whimsy website, the parcel came within one week and the set was very well protected in bubbles and little white chips inside a cardboard box. Brilliant service.

Now two pics to show you what i am up to, i am not done yet, i just finished the Chariot only... Anyway, i post here The High Priestess (that appeared in my reading by Sulis) and the back of the cards. They are displayed on a purple velvet bag also by Dame Sulis :)
Enjoy...

Attachments

• Pearls of Wisdom 001.jpg
    Pearls of Wisdom 001.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Pearls of Wisdom 002.jpg
    Pearls of Wisdom 002.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 248

Rede Seeker

How Brave You Are

I like the look. Thank you for sharing the photos. You are brave to trim the white borders away.

Welcome to the Study Group.

Hemera

Hi Kissa,
They look awesome! Thanks for the scan!
I´m an avid trimmer and I have been eyeing this deck for some time with scissors in my hands })
The artwork gets much more intensive once the white borders are off.

Sulis

Hi Kissa,

So glad you like the deck, I just love naive artwork too.
I have to say that it looks awesome without the white borders although I think I'll leave my borders on as they really don't bother me at all.
I did change the numbering of Strength and Justice in my deck with a sharpie pen though :)
Is the bag still an OK size now that the cards are smaller?

Kissa

Sulis said:
Hi Kissa,

I did change the numbering of Strength and Justice in my deck with a sharpie pen though :)
Is the bag still an OK size now that the cards are smaller?

I might change the numbering as well though i don't know what a sharpie pen looks like...

The bag is purrrrrfect :)

I still need to try the deck under my daughters' magnifying glasses to see if it really is 3D as they said on 7th House website. LOL

Tonight more trimming then finally reading with that gorgeous warm deck. Yes it is busy but i like it a lot.

So i really hope i can be present on a regular basis in this study group. that would be a first!

kissa

Sulis

Kissa said:
I might change the numbering as well though i don't know what a sharpie pen looks like...

The bag is purrrrrfect :)

I still need to try the deck under my daughters' magnifying glasses to see if it really is 3D as they said on 7th House website. LOL

Tonight more trimming then finally reading with that gorgeous warm deck. Yes it is busy but i like it a lot.

So i really hope i can be present on a regular basis in this study group. that would be a first!

kissa

Hi Kissa,

Those pens that you use to write on cds work too.
I tried a few on the extra card that came with the deck first to make sure that the one I chose wouldn't rub off (some of them did even though they claimed to be permanent markers).
The pen I ended up using did a fine job and even after loads of shuffling the writing is still very clear.

I'm so glad you love this deck. It's the first deck that I've really taken to in ages. When I did your reading I was torn between this one and The World Spirit as I know you like that deck but I've been using this for all my readings since I got it and I have a very strong bond with it now.
I'm glad the bag still fits ok too :)

And yes, the more the merrier in our little group. These cards are a bit daunting to write about as there is just so much in them but I've noticed things I wouldn't have picked up on without the group (especially the runes which I know nothing about).

I'm yet to try looking at them with a magnifying glass, I'll have to find one first :)

Skydancer

I'm trimming my Druidcraft just now - hadn't thought about doing the PoW!!

Where did you get the bag? Or did you make it? It's very nice. :)

*S*

PS - love this deck! And yes, under a magnifying glass it is multi-layered. Intriguing. Some cards are more that way than others, but all have some. Rather 3-D ....