question about astrology

franniee

or just go to astro.com and plug it in and then print out your chart. You can also get some brief explanations about certain aspects for free from them....they basically copied and pasted the Robert Hand book but it is good! You can get transits as well.

You can also google aspects and houses etc and try and piece together your chart and it's significant points.... Astrology is complex. It is 3 dimensional and in that is tricky to envision in all. Not something you can learn quickly.

But you can get an idea.....

I recommend going to a professional at least once to get an idea of what is going on in our chart. I went to a wonderful one in '96 or so - she is famous now but back then she was on the rise so she was still doing personal readings. I have gone to a few of them - she was the best! She knew her stuff and she also knew how to predict. She had a lot of love and light in her and that colored her readings. :heart: The one I went to most recently was in a dark place and that colored his predictions....also there is something to be said of chemistry - she and I had it together and he and I did not. :)

Minderwiz

franniee makes some very good points. Certainly if all you want to do is explore your own chart, then frannie's suggestion is cheapest and will give you least probs.

Astrology is not easy to learn and a problem with the freebies is that they have no interpretational modules. You have to use books/internet/here(?) etc to piece together an interpretation.

So if you are going to use the freeware/shareware you will also need to invest in some books (see the resources thread) if you are going to progress much.

Bernice

For a choice of free astro software - with reviews go to, freeware.esoterica, just enter it into a Yahoo or Google search engine.

Bee

Abrac

I've got a couple of programs on CD-ROM that come with astrology books. One is The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need by Joanna Martine Woolfolk and the other is Mapping Your Birthchart by Stephanie Jean Clement. They both produce the exact same chart, but the one by Clement has more commentary on the CD itself. The Woolfolk one only gives you the chart and then you have to refer to the book. The book itself is quite interesting in it's own right in my opinion. It's been in print for quite awhile and only the newer versions have the software, the older ones didn't have it.

Using this software has been a real eye-opener for me. There is so much more to a person's chart than just the Sun sign. I found out that my ascendant is Taurus which fits me a whole lot more than my Sun sign which is Aries. I've read that the ancients placed a lot more importance on the ascendant than we do today.

Bernice

There is so much more to a person's chart than just the Sun sign....
ROFL....! This really tickles me. :)

I'm not being nasty - this sentence has just caught me unexpectedly - still chuckling....

Of course astrology isn't just about a Sun sign...lol

Bee :)