astrology study group ~ aries

CrystalRainbow

browser

Hi Isthmus :)

I am using IE6, hmmmm maybe something happened between upgrading from version 5 to 6????

Goodness knows?

It sure would be nice to be able to get back there. It is a great site.

isthmus nekoi

Hi CrystalRainbow,

Maybe something went wrong during the upgrade? I hv the latest version of IE at home, and there doesn't seem to be any problems... Maybe you could try re-upgrading or something?

isthmus nekoi

umbrae's chart

I've just posted Umbrae's chart to the group account on astro.com.

Umbrae, you weren't kidding when you said classic Aries!!!Umbrae's got Sun/Moon conj in Aries w/Aries ASC (therefore sun/moon are in the 1st house). Venus is also in Aries.

Mars in 9th/Sag forming a grand trine in fire makes for a very passionate teacher! If you're reading, Umbrae, your pedagogical posts on Aeclectic have always been forceful, insightful, highly opinionated, but never overbearing or rigid; it's great to have such helpful Aries around.

Also, I have to apologize. I didn't know which gender to put for you, so I did eenie meenie minee moe. I'm sorry if you're not a man!! I can change it if you want....

azuremariposa

well, i'm not your typical aries, but...

i've always been very proud of my Sun Sign...i am definitely NOT a typical Aries however...Umbrae's got me beat, for sure! ;)
i have Sun, Mercury, Chiron & Vesta (asteroid, don't know if any of you are using them or not) in Aries in the 2nd house...
as i've been told before, Sun in Aries is someone who is very much willing to be out there on the forefront of things. Someone who is willing to be out on the cutting edge, and has a certain level of courage, even in their impulsiveness and their forthrightness, to want to bring in new ideas, new information for those who have less courage.
Aries Sun is also a very go-for-it energy. Somebody who is very headstrong, inspiring, very fiery. Someone who can really inspire other people.
my Sun is part of a grand trine in fire w/my Part of Fortune & Sirius...so, that's another little bonus to the Aries equation ;)
the only other thing of note in my chart is how i have Mercury in Aries and Mars in Gemini...both give a strong focus on communication and writing...which i would say was rather apropos...
if anyone is interested in my chart, here's the info:
March 29, 1972 Elizabeth, NJ, USA 3:36am :)
i spent quite some time catching up on these threads! lol...lots of informative stuff!
many blessings to all!

isthmus nekoi

Welcome to the group, azuremariposa! We're not looking at asteroids, but if you want to mention them in future posts, that is cool too.

Mutual reception w/Mars and Merc in Gem and Aries, means they could be in sextile, giving greater strength to your ability to communicate forcefully and dynamically. Is Mercury also in 2nd? You might find this skill handy in terms of generating cash.

azuremariposa

yep, Mercury is in 2nd & Mars is in 3rd (early degrees of Gemini)...i also have Venus conj Mars (Venus is in Taurus), which creates another dynamic all its own...basically, i know what i want and i know how to get it ;) it works for me...hehe
and at the moment, yes, i generate cash through my communication skills (i.e. reading the Tarot!) and such...the mutual reception also gave me the gift of being a fast reader, so it didn't take me *too* long to catch up! :) thanks for the welcome, isthmus!
many blessings to all...

stardancer

I have a volley of opposites connected to Aries in my chart. Aries falls on the 7th and I have always been attracted to the rugged, manly, Aries type of man, but I don't neccessarily get on with them after a time. Mars is in the 5th house in Pisces, conjuncting the 6th house ('creativity' in work and play) and is opposite a Venus/Jupiter conjunction in Virgo/12th House (I enjoy being single, leave me alone). Personal space and general freedom is very important to me. (Especially since I also have a Saturn/Pluto square which shows major issues with control). Since Venus and Mars are connected and I have strong Libra (Sun in Libra with Mercury conjunct Ascendant), I have to have sexually and generally active/working relationships, but the opposition makes for some hairy opposing type of situations.

Or at least that's how I perceive most of the situations, lol.

I've been married 3 times, btw.

isthmus nekoi

greetings, stardancer! Thanks for posting. I see opposing Mars energizing what could be a potentially 'lazy' conjunction b/w Venus-Jupiter. There may be a strong tension b/w the boundaries of self/other - how much you're willing to give/take w/6th/12th house activated in terms of the hairier relationships?

stardancer

Hi, isthmus nekoi.

I am usually either very giving or very 'selfish', it depends wholly on the other person, although I would say I would rather be more giving to others. This is exacerbated by an 8th house Moon in Taurus which is in trine/sextile aspect with the opposition. If I sense someone is a user, I clam up. I also swing between extremely busy and multi-tasking or doing nothing. I guess it depends on what one considers lazy. What I see as lazy times are spent watching movies for an amateur writing club I belong to. I also go to college, work and maintain an acreage (inside and out) mostly by myself. My husband works, and also has his own business which keeps him busy, so we are very busy around here although we fall into lazy patterns where we collapse and do nothing the whole day. I can be very lazy, but because of the way I have rigged (lol) my life, lazy comes less often than I'd like. I also think that when you get older you feel a pressing need to accomplish more things. When I was in my 20's and 30's, I had less ambition because I was surrounded by less ambitious people. (Husband has a Mars in Capricorn and is what I consider a workaholic.)

Mars in Pisces in the 6th house = slippery fish slope, lol.

stardancer

I should add since this is also a 1st house study, that Mercury in Libra is conjunct my Ascendant and that Mercury is in exact 144 degree Bi-Quintile to my Moon. I really like to write and discuss things and I think constantly about things of non-mundane nature.