$100 - what deck or decks would you buy

Amary

A backup Victorian Romantic. I really love this deck. Really, really, truly.

nisaba

Oh, bugger. What a loss to the world. Did you at least keep yourself a copy?

I really, really hope those people that scored one, appreciate what a wonderful thing they have - Beardsley's artwork AND such rarity!

Lillie

I have the very first one I ever made, in a never before seen cover (Oh wow!!!!)

And the moon deck from the first lot.
My husband has the magician deck from the first lot.

I may have one or two of the second lot hanging about. I'm not sure.

I believe my husband could be tempted to sell if he was offered enough.
However I might be very angry about that.

nisaba

Lillie said:
I have the very first one I ever made, in a never before seen cover (Oh wow!!!!)

And the moon deck from the first lot.
My husband has the magician deck from the first lot.

I may have one or two of the second lot hanging about. I'm not sure.

I believe my husband could be tempted to sell if he was offered enough.
However I might be very angry about that.
"Moon Deck?" "Magician deck"? did you theme each one to a Major Arcana card, or make the backs the same as the card, or how does that work?

And don't worry, I'm too poor to bribe him, especially if you will make his life a misery <grin>.

Lillie

No, it's just the covers.

It's a majors only deck, 22 cards.
All of the first lot were the same cards, but the covers were different, each one featuring a different card. hence moon deck etc.

The second lot all had the same cover, which was not a card.

The cards themselves were all the same.

sapienza

I'd get the Soprafino (Il Meneghello). To get that to Australia would probably take care of $100. If I had any left over I'd get myself a back-up of Dame Fortune's Wheel.

thorhammer

sapienza said:
I'd get the Soprafino (Il Meneghello). To get that to Australia would probably take care of $100. If I had any left over I'd get myself a back-up of Dame Fortune's Wheel.
It's not that bad . . . the exchange rate right now makes it about $55 to buy on eBay, and postage is another . . . $15 or so? The Soprafino, that is :)

\m/ Kat

WolfyJames

If I had 100$ I'd put the money on a full Maroon Tarot deck once it comes out, and on the Celtic Wisdom Tarot or the Visconti-Sforza Tarot Gold, both booksets are expensive.