Help! How do I get a *good* chart interpretation?

Minderwiz

Horary Reading

Your comment on teacher training sent me back to the return charts. The third house is often linked to teaching, and checking up in Tony Louis’ book on Horary Astrology, he has teachers at any level as a third House matter. Your Solar return has Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Pluto all in the third. I would therefore modify my interpretation of your Solar Return Moon to reflect some anxiety over the change of career direction (especially as the Moon rules your third House of career). This would be a normal response for this situation. Three personal planets in this House shows its importance for the year ahead – in terms or relating to others, in terms of communicating and in terms of day to day experiences this area is emphasised during the year. In your Lunar Return the Sun, Jupiter and Venus are all in the third again emphasising that this area will also be important during the month. So treat any comments relating to the third as relating to teaching.

The ‘question’, I took for the horary reading was from your comments I'm feeling the need to focus and I've been thinking things like a) what I have the most potential to develop b) what will come easy/ hard and c) (very very key to me) what will make the most difference in enabling my true expression of myself and others through,

Looking at the chart for the time that I read your question, the Ascendant is Scorpio, ruled by Mars (traditional rulerships are almost always used in Horary). Checking your natal details you were born during a Mars hour, and the chart was cast under a Venus hour. So we have someone with a Venus ruled Ascendant born under a Mars hour asking a question during a Venus hour giving a chart with a Mars ruled Ascendant – seems a valid chart to me. So Mars in your significator in this reading. Mars is in the fourth, indicating that you were at home when you asked the question and it is retrograde, indicating that you were more concerned with inner issues rather than outer issues. Mars was just separating from an opposition to Mercury in the tenth – you had just either written or spoken about issues relating to your career (Mercury in Virgo also rules the tenth) and had been keen to analyse the situation. The issue was causing some concern (Mars opposition Mercury) and you are feeling pulled in different directions, or feel challenged by a career issue. Mars is also in Pisces where it does have some dignity but is weakened by being retrograde (you are not sure what to do and this limits your power to act). It is ruled by Jupiter which is in your ninth House – so we have a link to personal growth and development.

The question relates to your own growth and development, so is ruled by the ninth House, the cusp of which is in Cancer, ruled by the Moon. The Moon is in your first House in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter – so there is a second link to the ninth. The Moon is in the first degree of Sagittarius and so is setting out on a new ‘voyage’. If I follow the ‘voyage’ the first major aspect that the Moon makes is a square to Uranus (which is on your MC for the Solar Return, it therefore has strong associations with the Career and direction issue this year.

The next aspect is a square to Mars – you. So you and your personal development are being brought together, though the square suggests that the process will not be easy (one of the questions you asked). Hard on the heels of the square to Mars is a square to Mercury in the tenth – and also ruling the tenth. Again there appears to be some stresses and strains in the process you are embarked on – this initial phase is not easy for you.

Thereafter it trines Venus in Leo in the ninth. Venus is ruler of your natal Ascendant and in the horary, ruler of your 11th House which governs hopes and aspirations. This is a much more positive link between your hopes and your personal growth. The next lunar Aspect is a trine to the Sun, which is in Leo and also in the ninth. Leo is intercepted in the ninth, so the Sun is almost a secondary ruler of the ninth, finally the Moon trines Jupiter, in the ninth.

The Part of Fortune in the horary lies in the third House – which we have now linked to teaching – it also lies exactly on the cusp of Pisces, ruled by Jupiter in the ninth.

It seems like initially there is a struggle to establish the path that you have embarked on but if you see it through then there seems great potential for personal development. I think the area of importance though from natal through to horary is not so much teaching – though this is clearly shown as important but your own inner development as a person, especially, given the role of the Moon, through these charts – your intuitive and receptive side. Teaching may well act as a catalyst for this process, it may well strongly contribute to this process but you still need to remember that it is the inner you that needs to be brought out, nurtured and developed.

Aerin

What is really interesting as well is the way this links with the Lenormand reading Diana did for me. I shall look at that again too.

I am expecting things to be hard work at first, especially since I have to finish my degree at the same time (exam not until mid/end October) AS WELL AS manage large groups of children for the first time. I know this is about my inner confidence and how I am able to express this, and am expecting to be challeneged to develop this further. I'm not nearly so bothered about the 'outer' skills part.

Aerin :)

Minderwiz

Again, thanks for the comments, I'll also have a look at Diana's reading - it might help my learning process as well! :)

Aerin

Minderwiz said:
Again, thanks for the comments, I'll also have a look at Diana's reading - it might help my learning process as well! :)

It isn't on precisely the same topic, what's interesting is the comments on my self confidence and how that links in I think.

See here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13329&perpage=10&pagenumber=3

Also see chakra spread by RedEarth here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13694&perpage=10&pagenumber=2

Aerin

Minderwiz

I've had a quick look and it is interesting - one of the points you mention is that your career change means that you have become more financially dependent on your husband whilst you go through the training process. Your solar return has the seventh House ruler, Mars, in your second house of money and possessions - which suggests that your partner may be your source. In the horary I did the seventh ruler is Venus and is in the Ninth of personal growth and development - youor partner or relationship supports your development in a highly proactive way.

Also in both Return charts the Ascendant ruler is weakly placed - indicating possible lack of self confidence but almost certainly the need for support from others if you are to be successful.

Aerin

Minderwiz said:
I've had a quick look and it is interesting - one of the points you mention is that your career change means that you have become more financially dependent on your husband whilst you go through the training process. Your solar return has the seventh House ruler, Mars, in your second house of money and possessions - which suggests that your partner may be your source. In the horary I did the seventh ruler is Venus and is in the Ninth of personal growth and development - youor partner or relationship supports your development in a highly proactive way.

Yes, that is interesting. I wouldn't be taking this path unless I had his support, emotionally as well: leaving a very lucrative career for a more fulfiling one yet c. 1/3 of the salary would be difficult without a partner who understands what's real and true in life.

Also in both Return charts the Ascendant ruler is weakly placed - indicating possible lack of self confidence but almost certainly the need for support from others if you are to be successful. [/B]

I will have to remember that is OK to ask for support. Often I struggle on alone thinking that I 'should' be able to manage. This issue came up in a training psychometric test I did a while back: it came out that I am a very good learner, the one area to address is asking for help when I need it.

Aerin