The never ending what time was I born question

gorgeousbutterfly

there are some very very experienced astrologers who take major life events, like about four, you have to tell them what happened, what day of month, what year of the events and they calculate the time of your birth. i found one like that to do mine and it cost 100 dollars(us).

dadsnook2000

First step

Have you done the first step yet that I outlined? The process of finding a workable chart requires a lot of effort on your part. Thinking about which signs seem to best fit your personality, which signs in local horoscope newspaper columns seem to resonate for you (and the events they talk about) starts to suggest signs and house meanings (events) that might fit you.

These fragments help once the process of setting up tentative charts is started to test major events in your life. Dave

Starling

In my case I did do what Dave suggested, many years ago. But I've got this funny feeling that the 29 Cancer Ascendant is probably still wrong and that it ought to be earlier in Cancer.

I've got Astrology software, so I can run charts. My father died on January 13, 1946. I was 4 years old. What kind of chart should I run.

I'd expect an aspect between the Ascendant and my Sun at 5 Taurus, and/or Moon at 6 Taurus. There is also a Saturn square Mars at 16 Taurus (Saturn)/Aquarius (Mars) that has to be interesting, but it is probably too far away for the death of my father to be meaningful.

Some additional points.

Moon is at 25 Aries
Mercury is at 23 Aries
Sun is at 5 Taurus
Venus is at 6 Taurus
Saturn is at 16 Taurus
Jupiter is at 23 Taurus
Uranus is at 25 Taurus (Yes there are 5 Taurus planets and a total of 7 within 32 degrees. I AM the Battle of Britain! Believe it or not this tightens as the Moon and Mercury fall through the Stellium.)

Pluto is at 2 Leo
Neptune is at 25 Virgo
Mars is at 16 Aquarius

Currently the Ascendant is at 29 Cancer and the MidHeaven is at 14 Aries.

OK, what do I do next?

Lillie

It's all just different ways of guessing, though, isn't it?

Just cos something seems to fit doesn't mean it's right.

This is me speaking as someone who was adopted and has no idea of her time of birth.
Even if someone said they had worked it out to be such or such a time I wouldn't know whether I could believe it or not.

I have thought of going to the hospital (it might still exist) and seeing if they had a birth time recorded...
I don't know if they keep that sort of thing.

And before anyone suggests I find my birth mother and ask her...
I did, she doesn't remember.
Maybe in the morning.....

What?

Like it's not that memorable or something????

People!

But it has always annoyed me that I don't have an ascendant and all that stuff.

And I want to prove my husband wrong.
He says it's virgo because I make lists and stuff.
No way do I want virgo, and no way do I want to be astrologically fated to be someone who makes lists and stuff. so I'd really like to prove him wrong.

If I ever get round to checking out the hospital thing I'll let you all know what happens, especially people in Britain, cos if one hospital here keeps records like that, they all might!

Starling

I don't know exactly what Dave will be doing, but I do have an idea of how it is done. In my case I expect him to use various kinds of predictive techniques to make one or more of my natal planets get ticked off by a transit or a progression, and probably a bunch of transits and progressions. Or Solar Arcs or .....

I gave him something so early in my life, and so life changing that I'd be shocked if he doesn't locate some major stuff. Frankly, from the point of view of that 4 year old, my father died and everyone around me went nuts. I started school almost immediately. Do you have any idea how hard it is to act 6 when you are actually 4 years old? The birth date on my school records is literally 18 months before I was actually born. They kept complaining about how immature I was "for my age" until I started Jr. High School.

Which is another interesting date. The Monday after Labor Day 1952. It is interesting because there was a sudden change in how my teachers saw me. I was an unusually mature 11 year old. And the kinds of things they wanted me to learn were suddenly easy.

So no. It isn't all guesswork. You probably aren't a Virgo Ascendant if it feels that wrong. The Leo just felt wrong for me. I read up on Cancer Ascendants and there were some things that showed up that nothing else on the chart could explain. There is literally nothing in my chart that would explain the warm and fuzzy stuff, or that it is hidden away behind a hard shell to the extent that no one knows it is there. I've actually had people laugh when I told them I was extremely shy. I don't look like I'm shy. I don't act like I'm shy. But under that hard shell, I'm a puddle.

So if Virgo feels all wrong, but you look like a Virgo to your husband, try the sign just before it. And I'd try the one opposite it as well. The sign before the one that feels all wrong because you would have progressed into that sign before you are 30 by some systems, and other people would see you that way. And the one opposite it, just because it is opposite, and although it is about as different as it can be, the two signs are also linked-inside and outside AND it has a lot to do with how a partner would see you.

Lillie

Sadly the virgo thing feels horribly true too often.

I just don't want it to be!

I'm sorry about your dad, that must have been awful for you.
But how the hell did it happen that you went to school two years to early and no one noticed?
Did you end up leaving two years early too, or did you do more years than everyone else?

You must actually have been ever so clever to have kept up with the other kids!

Starling

Lillie said:
Sadly the virgo thing feels horribly true too often.

I just don't want it to be!

I'm sorry about your dad, that must have been awful for you.
But how the hell did it happen that you went to school two years to early and no one noticed?
Did you end up leaving two years early too, or did you do more years than everyone else?

You must actually have been ever so clever to have kept up with the other kids!

Oh, too bad about the Virgo thing. <grin> There are times I could do without the Taurus thing too. And all of those planets in the 10th house are also a bit much at times.

My father's death was one of the most important things that happened in my life, for most of my life. It totally changed who I was then, and colored my life literally forever. That is why I chose it as the best event to check the Ascendant out.

As for the age thing. I started school at a private school. They asked my Mother for the birth date of her daughter, and she gave it to them. But I'm not the daughter who was born in October, and my sister is over a decade older than I am. They figured she had made a mistake in the year; it never occurred to them that the whole thing was wrong. I have never known if it happened on purpose or not. No one asked to see a birth certificate until I was in public school and in the 3rd grade when the birthday I was telling people was different from the one in my school records.

And they didn't think I was smart for keeping up, because I didn't keep up until I was in Jr. High. They thought I was very stupid, and they let me know it. What really happened was that I developed a love for reading, and in Jr. High that was what mattered. By the middle of Jr. High I was reading on the College level and keeping up was suddenly easy.

As for math, I've always said that I can't add, subtract, multiply or divide. Calculus was easy! And it was. <grin>

I was 16 most of my senior year in High School, so yes, I graduated very early too. I honestly don't know if I was one year ahead or two years ahead, just that I was always younger than everyone else.

Lillie

That's an amazing story.
Thank you for telling it.

Your life must have been quite difficult for you back then.

I have had look at free birth charts on the internet, and it turns out that if virgo is my rising sign I was either born at the very beginning of the day, or at the very end!

Which is odd, but I suppose one sign has to do that, and in my case it's virgo.

Whether I am one or not, I'll probably never know.
And I would have to see something official in writing for me to be sure of it. That could well be the virgo in me wanting it all nice and neat and tidy and certain!

Starling

Lillie said:
Which is odd, but I suppose one sign has to do that, and in my case it's virgo.

Whether I am one or not, I'll probably never know.
And I would have to see something official in writing for me to be sure of it. That could well be the virgo in me wanting it all nice and neat and tidy and certain!

In my case what locked in the Cancer Ascendant for me was the love of disreputable, warm, fuzzy slippers (old worn sweaters too). I read about those in a book, not for Cancer Suns, but for Cancer Ascendants. And it clicked. I have owned those slippers, and I've got this old, tatty velour jacket (4 sizes too big) that I wear instead of a bathrobe. <grin>

If I was you I would just go with the nice, neat, tidy and certain. It sounds like you already know you have found yourself.

Did the Moon change that day too?

Lillie

No, the moon was in Pisces all day, thought it moves through some aspects as it does so.

In fact if I was born at the very beginning of the day I get a rather impressive grand cross with the moon, mercury, mid heaven making three of the corners and the last corner made by a big splodge of uranus, pluto and the ascendant.
Doesn't take long for that to pass though, the moon moves out of opposition by the evening and the ascendant and mid heaven move very fast.

Your slippers sound great!
I have stuff like that which is just so old and cosy and comfortable I can't replace them.