One Deck Wonder Resurrected

herself

That bag is beautiful and the colours perfectly match the bright, bold colours of the II. :D
I think that's a really good idea to help you bond with your chosen deck. Now if only I could knit.... :p My poor deck is stuck with me, the least creative person on the planet!

Thank you! :) I was originally going to pair it with the Mountain Dream, but then realised the colours were better suited to the IIT. I've never knitted a bag for my tarot decks before (I always preferred sewn bags, my crappy ones, or the gorgeous Sulis or Baba bags) but like you said, thought a little deck bonding was in order :D

Searching for the perfect deck is like searching for Bigfoot. I have been at it for about 14 years. :laugh:
So true, so true!

I promised myself I wouldn't think about what I'm doing on Feb. 26, 2014, but I think I would like to stack all of my Lo Scarabeo decks on the dining table, go through each one, choose my favorite cards, and assemble a perfect deck! I did this several years ago but got nervous about having decks with missing cards and reassembled them before I really gave the deck a chance (deck hopper!). Now that I am thinking about it, maybe the best strategy would be to assemble the deck I dislike most first, and then go back through what's left and continue to assemble decks until I have as many decks as I started with, use the one I like best, and vow not to get nervous! :D
OMG! This is such an awesome idea. I'd love to see the results!! I bet you'd get the most incredible readings from the Ur-deck :)

In the meantime, the Illuminated Tarot and I are doing very well. I've added a small lamp to the space where I read, and its glow causes the iridescent paint in the cards to gleam. Sometimes the images even appear holographic.

That lamp! I adore it :D

And I confess I've never been drawn to the Illuminated Tarot before, but those cards you've got in your spread there look beautiful. Fascinating.

Oversharing in this thread is not a bad thing :) It's great to see everyone's enthusiasm and all the ways we're interacting with our decks!

I've never really taken the time to personalise a deck before. I think that's what's cool about the ODW thing: you really do have to stop for a moment and go deeper. It's great.

Ooh, nice! I like the stitch pattern, the small gauge, and the flap style. And while I'm more of a semi-solid sort of girl, the varigated yarn you used matches the IIT really well! Thanks for the link to the pattern!

It's posted up on Ravelry, if you're on there? Others have posted project pics of the case done in more solid colours, and it looks amazing. I wasn't sure if this mishmash yarn would work or not!

Madame Squee

Herself,

I just love your bag with your II tarot!!!

What a gorgeous pair!!! :love::love:

Eyebright

Madame Squee I am loving that cute little lamp! It really sets off the glitter and sparkle of the Illuminated :D

Also laughed at your quote regarding the search for the perfect deck, so so true. There's probably more chance of finding Big Foot as well!

I'm still going strong with my ODW and I'm now in the process of going through my decks and seeing which ones I would actually use and want to keep. This has really helped me to realise that I actually only want to keep decks that I will read with, and that the rest are just taking up room and cluttering my house and sapping my energy. Still, coming to that realisation and actually getting rid of them is another thing entirely! I might do it slowly, like get rid of one deck a week. I might hyperventilate if they all go at once!

Tarot Orat

Is it a repeat card if you draw it from two different decks? I guess it must be! I got the same Minchie card today as the Dark Carnival card three days ago...I think they must plot secretly when I'm not looking. And they've both got the same message to deliver right now....I just need to pay extra attention to figure it out.

Madame Squee

Madame Squee I am loving that cute little lamp! It really sets off the glitter and sparkle of the Illuminated :D
Eyebright, thank you. I've already become accustomed to the light. I don't know how I did without it. I found this cute little lamp at a thrift store about 23 years ago for my youngest son's bedroom, and I dug it up out of a closet this past weekend. When my son sees it, he may be struck with a wave of nostalgia and decide he wants to take it home. Then, I will have to replace it with something a little more Tarot-ee. Nahhh, I'm dreaming. I'm sure it's staying with mom. :D

I don't think a camera can actually capture the gleam of the iridescent paint in the lamplight, but the effect is almost as great as looking into an opal.

Also laughed at your quote regarding the search for the perfect deck, so so true. There's probably more chance of finding Big Foot as well!
Oh, I know!!! I believe the trouble is in the idea that the perfect Tarot is out there there somewhere. I think I'm finally coming to grips with reality, though, and I'm hoping a year in ODW will be the cure. :D

I'm still going strong with my ODW and I'm now in the process of going through my decks and seeing which ones I would actually use and want to keep. This has really helped me to realise that I actually only want to keep decks that I will read with, and that the rest are just taking up room and cluttering my house and sapping my energy. Still, coming to that realisation and actually getting rid of them is another thing entirely! I might do it slowly, like get rid of one deck a week. I might hyperventilate if they all go at once!
I have that feeling, too -- especially about how they are taking up space in my house and sapping my energy. I still need to put my decks away, but that's still a couple weeks away, logistically speaking. I'm thinking I will use plastic storage bins and line them with cedar. The climate here is very dry. I should have a bin for the ones that have got to go, keepers, etc. (So much work!!! No time for reading!!!) I'd like to be able to pick up and carry the bin I'm keeping. (Do you hear that??? Carrying around a bin of Tarot decks?!!! How about if they would all fit in my handbag? Now, that would be practical, realistic and ideal!) The biggest problem with selling and trading, however, is the regret that may follow. Mostly, I'm okay when they go, but I have actually repurchased Waking the Wild Spirit three times. So, I completely agree with you again... Take your time! No hyperventilating! :love:

Madame Squee

Is it a repeat card if you draw it from two different decks? I guess it must be! I got the same Minchie card today as the Dark Carnival card three days ago...I think they must plot secretly when I'm not looking. And they've both got the same message to deliver right now....I just need to pay extra attention to figure it out.
I love it when this happens! I believe it is a significant message from your cards.

kalliope

Thank you! :)
It's posted up on Ravelry, if you're on there? Others have posted project pics of the case done in more solid colours, and it looks amazing. I wasn't sure if this mishmash yarn would work or not!

Found you on Ravelry! I'm there, too: InkyFingers

herself

Cool! I just added you as a friend there :)

Eyebright

I have that feeling, too -- especially about how they are taking up space in my house and sapping my energy. I still need to put my decks away, but that's still a couple weeks away, logistically speaking. I'm thinking I will use plastic storage bins and line them with cedar. The climate here is very dry. I should have a bin for the ones that have got to go, keepers, etc. (So much work!!! No time for reading!!!) I'd like to be able to pick up and carry the bin I'm keeping. (Do you hear that??? Carrying around a bin of Tarot decks?!!! How about if they would all fit in my handbag? Now, that would be practical, realistic and ideal!) The biggest problem with selling and trading, however, is the regret that may follow. Mostly, I'm okay when they go, but I have actually repurchased Waking the Wild Spirit three times. So, I completely agree with you again... Take your time! No hyperventilating! :love:

Guess what deck I bought today.... only WAKING THE WILD SPIRIT! It was going really cheap for book and cards on Amazon Marketplace. Before I had even thought about it I had clicked and bought it!
So my culling is going well ha! Well I have sold 2 decks to Elendil and posted them today, so actually my collection has gone down in net volume by 1! :p

I can see this is going to be an arduous process...

Also OMG I laughed so hard at the thought of you dragging around a bin of all your fave decks! I can totally relate though. You need a magical Mary Poppins bag!

AmberFox

1 month in!!

Hi every one!! I am 1 month in exactly and feeling great! My Tarot of Vampyres and my Otacle of Shadows and Light are plotting together and giving me what I need to hear each day. Lus I actually did some readings for my other half and they have all rang true.

This weekend I am going to a local Rock & Gem show and so gonna take my decks so they can soak up the crystal energies and I might get them out and do some readings if people want.

Good to see do many new people starting this tread. Keep it up you al!!
BB AF