Le Tarot Tournant (Bill's Tarot)

garmonbozia

Very excited for this to become available for purchase! Will it be soon?

MissChiff

Has anybody heard anything about this deck?? Rumors, hints, any word?? Please tell..oh please!! Does that seem desperate??

firecatpickles

It's been on my wishlist for a long time, too.

OnePotato

Thank you everyone, for your continued interest.

Since I posted news of my finished prototype decks & book last March, I've had several months of feedback and I've been struggling to come up with a plan for next steps that will remain true to what I set out to do when I began this project all those years ago.

As I've mentioned several times now, my real interest, and my real effort, has been conceptual, rather than product-oriented. In order to keep the Big Idea a top priority, I did not cut corners or skip over anything impractical or take shortcuts, or otherwise compromise my plans for efficiency, speed, or feasibility. My goal has never been to maximize deck sales, or to make something that might best appeal to a commercial publisher, or even to make what might be the most popular or appealing deck of cards to the most people. As a result of my efforts, what you've seen so far is pretty much exactly what I set out to make. My "Artist's Book Version" is a very pure idea, pretty much exactly as I envisioned it bit by bit, on and off, over the course of 30+ years. Creating something that would capture such an idea in tangible form has been an exceedingly complex and exhausting process. And that is why it has taken so long.

Now that I'm faced with reproducing something for sale to a general audience, I'm faced with all sorts of marketing concerns, and regardless of temptation, I am very wary of making any compromises that might dilute the desired effect of my work in favor of more successful sales numbers. I am wary of giving up too much of what I worked so hard and long to achieve in the first place, as I continue to invest even more labor into turning out a saleable "product" from my art.

I realize many people are tired of waiting, but for those who want something as close as possible to my true, unadulterated vision, I'm sorry for the long wait, and I assure you that I'm trying my best not to disappoint.

Happy New Year.

More info & pics:
https://nopotatopress.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/nopotatopress

Aster Breo

Your commitment to your vision is admirable. As much as I'd like to have my own copy of this beautiful deck, I think it's more important for you to be comfortable with the result of your long and hard work. So, FWIW, I encourage you to move at your own pace to further this project.

That said, is there anything that we, as a group here on AT, or any of us individually can do you help you?

OnePotato

Your commitment to your vision is admirable. As much as I'd like to have my own copy of this beautiful deck, I think it's more important for you to be comfortable with the result of your long and hard work. So, FWIW, I encourage you to move at your own pace to further this project.

That said, is there anything that we, as a group here on AT, or any of us individually can do you help you?

Thank you Aster Breo. That's very sweet of you.

For the past few years, I've kept a very low profile around here, so there isn't really much for anyone to worry about.
The feedback has been positive, but it's also made me realize that some aspects of this deck may not be coming through so well, so I've been reworking some things before I choose a direction to run in.

I haven't spoken to any commercial publishers yet. I don't yet know if I will.
I'm not sure about Kickstarter or Indiegogo as I don't have a wide social media presence in the tarot world, and I'm not sure it would be the best way to reach my audience.

I am more confident now that I'll be able to work out the production issues with the Artist's Book edition, and get that going, but unfortunately I'm sorry to say it comes at a cost that is already likely higher than most people here will be willing to pay.

Anyway, thank you, and I appreciate your effort to reply.
Eventually, things will get resolved…

More info & pics:
https://nopotatopress.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/nopotatopress

Attachments

• 06GroupShot.jpg
    06GroupShot.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 209

nicky

It's the second thing I grab from my house in case of fire, after the cat.
My dad is the third LOL

Debra

I have similar priorities, but the cats are on their own. As is the husband. :laugh:

Aster Breo

I haven't spoken to any commercial publishers yet. I don't yet know if I will.
I'm not sure about Kickstarter or Indiegogo as I don't have a wide social media presence in the tarot world, and I'm not sure it would be the best way to reach my audience.

Have you considered self-publishing the deck, at least (if not the full Artist's Book), through a print-on-demand company, like Game Crafters or Printers Studio?