A spread to tell why someone is lying

Mateo06

I came up with this spread to find why someone is lieing.
1-6

1: What are they concealing
2: What do they expect to gain
3: How does it effect me/querent
4: Do they feel guilty
5: Advice on calling them out
6: Likely outcome

It needs another card. If you have any advice let me know.

rwcarter

Mateo06 said:
I came up with this spread to find out if someone is lieing
1-6

Mateo,

Your first position is in direct contradiction to your stated purpose for the spread. You're not checking to see if someone is lying, but working from the premise that they are lying.

Although I shy away from Yes/No questions, you need some way of determining if the person is lying before moving forward with the rest of the spread. Maybe a two pathways kind of setup that starts with two cards. The one on the left could address if the person is lying, then this is why. The one on the right could address if the person isn't lying, why the Querent believes they are.

Your spread is fine if its purpose is to find out why someone's lying and what they're lying about. But if your purpose (as stated) is to find out if they're lying, then it needs a lot of work.

Rodney

minrice

Yes, I second this.
You could do a what if sort of spread, what if X is lying to me, what if X is not lying to me and see how that feels. I personally don't like yes or no questions with the Tarot, but you can also draw 6 cards and see if the majority are right side up for yes and upside down for no.

If you really sense that this person is lying to you then you are probably right, it has been my experience that instincts know better than logic when it comes to things like this! In which case maybe the best spread to do is one on what you can do about the situation now.

Mateo06

Thanks for the advice! It was prepared in a hurry, and I hesitated in posting it, because I thought it needed work. I used it and it seemed to work, but I did know the person was lieing. I just wanted to know why. I guess it's more of a "why" than "if" question. I'll edit it.

Mateo06

The spread I listed answered my questions. I really dont want to do another spread because I was already prying into something I probably shouldn't have. I just thought it was a good spread, and it had worked for me. I hadn't ment to ask for help. The advised changes are appreciated. I always appreciate advice. I may use the other spreads later on.
Thank you all again

nisaba

Mateo06 said:
I came up with this spread to find why someone is lieing.
1-6

2: What do they expect to gain
3: How does it effect me/querent
4: Do they feel guilty
5: Advice on calling them out
6: Likely outcome

It needs another card. If you have any advice let me know.
How much choice do they have in their actions?

Mateo06

Oh, that fits. Very helpful thank you.

BeyondtheVeil

I like this spread! :thumbsup: I also like the added question from nisaba. Thank you so much for posting the spread! :heart: I am going to add this to my tarot spreads collection! Yes I am a Tarot Geek-- What can I say?! :D lol

BTV

BeyondtheVeil

Mateo06

Hello Mateo06 :)

I used this spread today and it is awesome! Well I tweaked it to fit what I wanted, but this was a great one! :thumbsup:

My questions went like this :

1. What are they concealing?
2. How much choice do they have in their actions from keeping the truth?
3. What do they expect to gain from the lying/concealing?
4. How does/will it affect me?
5. Do they feel guilty about the lying?
6. Advice/Guidance on dealing with the reason they are lying/concealing-

I did end up drawing two clarifying cards for number one as I wasn't sure what it meant. lol The cards cleared it up though.

Thanks again for the spread! It was really eye opening and very accurate! If you think someone is concealing something from you.. they probably are! ALWAYS trust your instincts! :thumbsup:

BTV