Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Spiffo

Artists always seem to have to compromise in one way or another; kinda sad really. I think the special metal printing thing sounds amazing. Any good tool, which I can feel these Cards will be, often appears expensive then proves its worth time and again.

I don't have a price yet. Still waiting for more quote info and it also depends on how many I can print. It probably would not double the selling price as I would not feel right passing all of it on and overpricing them, but it way more than doubles my cost.

Probably not the soundest business decision lol but the artist in me wants to do it anyway :)

Alta

I would SO buy that with the silver. Well, honestly I plan to buy this deck anyway, Majors-only, full 78, the works.

Babalon Jones

Card backs done!

I just wanted to share my happiness...the card backs are done! After much struggle, I just printed out a test run and I think my design is going to work!

You guys have no idea how long these took (so I'll tell ya) :) Today, I had the day off from work, and worked on these from 9:30 to 5, with no break for lunch as I was so concentrated I forgot to eat. Today was spent doing some finishing touches to the art and then getting the files ready which took forever as I am doing something different and my math was not perfect so I had to fix it. I took Monday off earlier in the week too, spent same amount of time probably 8 hours, doing the black ink pen work over the pencil design. Before that, the pencil design took at least 8 hrs, and maybe longer as I was not counting and kept trying different things. So these were an investment in time, more than 24 hours of work at least, but I am happy with them. Ruler and compass and pencil and pen work was fun. Computer time was not, but it had to be done. I do these by hand but the scans had to have bleed added and stuff as my math was not perfect on the original, and for this particular design it needs to be so I had things to fix. With a mouse, lol, I do not do computer art. Got a severe neck and wrist ache, had to medicate with whiskey :)

But the results are worth it, I think, and I hope you will like them when you see them.

I am not going to post them yet, not because I do not want to (damn I really do), but because there is a surprise on them that once you use them, you will find. They are reversible, so no worries there, but they have a hidden picture :)

Maybe first one to find it will get a prize :)

ZKEI

Looking forward to all of those (including the hidden picture) ;)

Chiska

I would SO buy that with the silver. Well, honestly I plan to buy this deck anyway, Majors-only, full 78, the works.

What she said! LOL

emmsma

Sounding very exciting!

VGimlet

Yep, count me in for the majors deck, and the 79 card deck too.

Very awesome.

Spiffo

I just wanted to share my happiness...the card backs are done! After much struggle, I just printed out a test run and I think my design is going to work!

Such exciting news ... I'm all aquiver!

Babalon Jones

I had a die made to burn the card back design into the wooden boxes for the "luxe edition". (I will have them sans box too to make them available for less). The die maker and the box maker were somewhat shocked at the amount of detail in the design I submitted compared to what they normally get I guess and were not sure how or if it would work. What do I know? Not much apparently, haha, they are used to dealing with big corporations that have graphic artists, not someone scanning a hand drawn design :) But I took a chance and paid to have the die made anyway, figuring worst case scenario I wasted about $150 on an interesting and unique metal sculpture for the mantle, lol to pass on to future generations. i like weird objects d'art so...ok.

The good news is they sent me pictures of some wood burned with the die and while some fine detail is lost, they look overall pretty good, so it is a go :) now I just hope that they can do my tiny order right away because they said they are expecting an order of 5000 units from (insert big corp maker of jeans name here) and if that comes in first I get dropped until they get served :(

I hope not as my goal for these are mid September.

Chiska

That sounds so cool!! I can't wait to see.