in laughs embrace
yet another silver sliver
in the dance of light-cracked mirror,

writhe up and rise up anew
now and forever,
shapeless assassin Night-Princes
of ungodly sightless terror

+O+

The Collapse of Reason and the inward pivot of Necessity, the Annihilation of Boundaries and a forcing of Dimensions to form the knived tunnel of the Will. Death induced voluntarily through the strength of conviction borne of purpose and desire to change Change itself. Lead from Gold transformed into Spirit and Synchrony with the Evolved Psyche. Neural Pathways to Old Realms sunk below the Sands of Time. The Accuser accepting of the Role, the Death-Greeter with open arms falling into Space Fearless and Formless, Arrival as the God who watches over and above the Dancing Fool...

[Next time - I will post a finished painting.]

Attachments

• undividual prototype 1 001.jpg
    undividual prototype 1 001.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 160

Ryan

The Alchemist

+O+ Actually, that part of the process may be a while away yet. Here is a partly finished drawing of The Alchemist. +O+

Attachments

• the alchemist 001.jpg
    the alchemist 001.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 164

Ryan

The Alchemist [near grade]

+O+ "The Alchemist" card, drawing nearly finished. yet to be photocopied and painted. +O+

Attachments

• The Alchemist [Near Grade] 001ae.jpg
    The Alchemist [Near Grade] 001ae.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 164

Alta

It takes a second to find your bearings in that image, but I think it is striking. I'll be interested to see the painted version, I am quite sure that colour would enhance it.

tarotlyn

:heart: Ryan, there certainly are some finely tuned objects in that card...great job.
Wish I could draw like that!

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

Ryan

Re:

+O+ Yes I agree Alta - we shall have to see. Thank you Tarotlyn. The card uses allegory to relate the elements [prima materia], processes and methods [according to THEM] of the creation of the philosophers stone, so colours are going to be important to correctly convey the symbolism.

The Major Arcana of our intended Tarot contains 28 archetypal states, 4 for each of the seven spheres of the Septenary Tree of Wyrd. Some of the others will be:

The Great Chaos
The Architect
The Anima
The Animus
The Dreamer
The 23 Syndrome
The Bridge
Entropy
Power
Thrall
The Void Dragon [Vritra]

Why 28?

Eliphas Levi's attributions of the 22 MA of the Tarot to the Qaballic Tree of Life were arbitrary. The practice of Magic, Life and Psychology cannot help but drive home the presence of more than the few archetypes used in the Tarot, existing beyond the shades - some of great beauty, some of terrible darkness, and some that we slip into everyday without ever noticing them into the place and matrix where we construct our 22.

Crowley in the Book Of Thoth affirmed the selective and by no means determinative outlay of his own Tarot Attributions remarking on the indeterminacy of such esoteric powers the Tarot Cards are windows to, to become dogmatic within a static Tradition. Since Pre-History [and visible through ancient cave carvings of the pleiades the world over], right through Sumeria, Egypt, Indo-Europea it was the number Seven that was the ancient herald upon which the universe spoke - a distinct magical tradition that was first. The Assyrians, pre-cursors of the Jewish people, created or transmitted a Tree of Life [origins unknown] that grew alongside the natural perception of the world and its roots began to tangle and distort the power of Seven. In time the descendant Jewish Mystics inherited the Assyrians knowledge, destroying the majority of original magical traditions from places such as Sumer and Egypt via holocaust [historically documented]. Qaballah came onto the scene and added 8, 9, 10 as its representation of the body of Adam Kadmon. Whilst the Golden Dawn and Crowley worked with a Christian derivative. The distortion of seven ran right through the Qaballah and its many tendrils - leaving many in no doubt that there had always been and always will be, 22 Major Arcana for some sacrosanct or holy-sanctified reason. But it's just made up, like most things.

So, 28. +O+

Alta

Now that is interesting. I know that here (& elsewhere) we often tell each other that the tarot cards cover every possible range of human activity, and on all planes, but often enough I have have thought that to be a stretch. I of course will have to wait until you express all 28 through your images but it will be a very worthwhile journey for me to watch.

The Judaic Tree of Life, while fairly old, never struck me as truly representative of all thought.

Ryan

Re:

Now that is interesting. I know that here (& elsewhere) we often tell each other that the tarot cards cover every possible range of human activity, and on all planes, but often enough I have have thought that to be a stretch.

+O+ Yes, absolutely it is a stretch. There are of course also more than 28 - a number is probably beyond possibility of estimating but there is beyond doubt more than 22 archetypal energies. The I-Ching contains 64 such representations - whilst the traditional praxis of the Sinister opens up the doorway to many unknown, unlabelled arcs of being through which the being can pass, be passed, or force itself to pass - each which can be sufficiently lived and insight obtained from - but which are hidden paths that have no known names however real and distinct they are from accepted [popular] occult knowledge. At least from my experiences I believe so.

One such archetype THEM predicted was the rise of the Alpha-Cynic. The overtly masculine man becoming a laughing stock - this began to take place in mass media about 5 years ago with a steady rise in cases of strong alpha-males being openly ridiculed - and the archetype of the alpha-cynic [read: nerd] being firmly established as the new alpha-signature. Another is the current of Absu or Absurdity which has dominated the planet and is still in its playful stages, but its about to turn very nasty [next 3-5 years] since the nature of absurdity is not to match or return the opposite action - but to drop out of the equation and come back in an entirely new strain. You can see this all over the world - one person sets up a bucket of water above a door. another person sets up the bucket but full of glue. The third person does something completely random to the previous attempts and drives a tractor through the wall at the target. Then there's the fourth person, the fifth, and so on - it's presencing itself as a manic game to outdo each other's archetypal energy of absurdity - it started off playfully as a new kind of humour and now is rapidly increasing in strength and lunacy.

I was informed that the Devil card, one of the most famous I believe, for instance often shows two chained beings at the foot of an often monstrous being. the Enshrinement and adoption of such symbolism has all but forgotten that the Devil was originally the desert goblin YHWH whose monotheism silenced the original duad of male and female gods ruling in equanimity. With the rise of Abrahamic religions and fierce monotheism they [the women gods] were stricken from the record including YHWH's female partner - the outcome is obvious and even today the Female Gods are referred to as Godd-esses. The meaning of the Devil card in archetypal magico-historical terms is this monotheism that silenced the female gods. The Judaic Mystics, heavily influenced by Zoroastrianism invented the Devil and substituted his visage [the scapegoat] for YHWH's. Thus the symbolism depicted and did not depict the false dichotomy that would lead architects of the self, away from the truth in a diabolical twist whilst hiding it in plain sight. The inclusion of the Devil has been heavily Christianized and its original meaning so scrambled by odd symbolism its often impossible to see. +O+

I of course will have to wait until you express all 28 through your images but it will be a very worthwhile journey for me to watch.

+O+ Thank you - I think it will be interesting yes. I'm enjoying drawing again. +O+

The Judaic Tree of Life, while fairly old, never struck me as truly representative of all thought.

+O+ Representative of a very limited vein - from my humble point of view. +O+

ISS,

Ryan

+O+ I'm just going to make a few comments now and then on what I'm doing if no-one minds. Maybe it'll help others creating a tarot at some point which is what this thread is supposed to be for.

Technically speaking I'm happy with my compositions but it is probably obvious I'm not a technically trained artist. In order to draw the majority of the cards I intend to draw I need a great deal more technical practice and skill partly due to my intuitive insistence on using bizarre perspectives and dimensions and partly my inability to artistically capture them.

I have begun reducing the haloes or outlines of objects in my pictures and instead trying to apply the understanding of light. Having always just drawn from the heart I never took any real notice of the rules. Because of that many of my drawings have inconsistent lighting sources or are flat because of my incorrect shading or overuse of outlining. Through understanding lighting I am trying to learn how to texture things properly such as glass, metal or wood by getting to know refraction reflection and absorption.

Learning to draw 3, 4, 5 and possibly six point perspective is going to be crucial to getting my imagery across the way it is in my head. (I understand there is no 7 point perspective. yet.)

Understanding foreshortening, perspective and proportion are also going to be important factors as I am presently studying how to draw the form of the human body.

I need to know the rules before I can learn how to bend and break them to produce this Tarot. +O+

Ryan

Eureka

+O+ After looking at some tutorials I've now managed to draw something I've naturally struggled with due to a lack of understanding of 3 point perspective and draw the inside of a tower from a standing position on the ground looking up.

The lack of technical understanding of this has limited my visions greatly owing to my intense desire to make space do things it wasn't supposed to do in order to deliver authentic thresholds from which to see into the depths of our current without words.

Now to see how far this perspective can go before it breaks. +O+

Attachments

• eureka 3 point 001.jpg
    eureka 3 point 001.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 164